Just made this tonight, and as per other posters - it was yummy!

couple of questions - how do you distribute the marmite?? I got a strong bit (which I like - but OH isn't a lover) - I thought I'd stirred it well through with the egg

what do you serve it with? I made a black bean salsa and sweet potato wedges - grey grey and orange - not good...I think it would be nice with baked beans - but I wouldn't want to be in the same room as me afterwards!!

in any case - thanks grumbletumble!

Glad you like it hazy :) I mix the marmite into the mushrooms and onions while they are still warm so it coats everything quite well, otherwise you could melt the marmite a bit in the microwave maybe?

I have mine with sw chips and salad mainly, i've had it with cous cous too. You could always have it with a roast?

Mmmmm! I made this this afternoon and it's really, really yummy. I used 84g of reduced fat cheese though so it only has 2 hexa's. I also didn't use the marmite but crumbled 2 beef stock cubes into the onions and mushrooms whilst they were frying instead.

Has anyone tried this without cheese?

I love the recipe, I might try it with half the amount of cheese as it was a tiny bi too cheesy for me!

Just made this tonight, and as per other posters - it was yummy!

couple of questions - how do you distribute the marmite?? I got a strong bit (which I like - but OH isn't a lover) - I thought I'd stirred it well through with the egg

what do you serve it with? I made a black bean salsa and sweet potato wedges - grey grey and orange - not good...I think it would be nice with baked beans - but I wouldn't want to be in the same room as me afterwards!!

in any case - thanks grumbletumble!

We have it with either salad, or chilli or roasmary roasted potatoes & sugar snap peas :)

I also just mix everything together before bunging the lot into a loaf tin to cook.

I had it tonight with minted mushy peas and beetroot - brown, bright green, dark red. Pic on my diary. It is a lovely combination. Just chop some fresh mint into the peas.

Shirleen - I have cut the cheese down to 84g of light cheddar and none on top so just 2 healthy extras. Also cut the mustard down to 0.5 tsp as I thought it was too mustardy. Plus 0.5 tsp each of dried rosemary and thyme.

Hi Grumble - your lime is now an avocado! Hope you are feeling more human now x

I had it tonight with minted mushy peas and beetroot - brown, bright green, dark red. Pic on my diary. It is a lovely combination. Just chop some fresh mint into the peas.

Shirleen - I have cut the cheese down to 84g of light cheddar and none on top so just 2 healthy extras. Also cut the mustard down to 0.5 tsp as I thought it was too mustardy. Plus 0.5 tsp each of dried rosemary and thyme.

Hi Grumble - your lime is now an avocado! Hope you are feeling more human now x

Thanks foir the tip on the cheese.
I added way more dried herbs de provence!

hi everybody,
do you think it would be ok without the mustard powder?
and also where did you buy yours?
x

I'm sure it will be fine without it, i bought mine at morrisons but i think you can buy it at any supermarket...this is what i buy Coleman's mustard powder

0667803000707_21000_IDShot_2.jpg

Just to let you know that this recipe (minus the cheese) is also great to use as a stuffing for chicken. I did it on Sunday and was really yummy!

I have just made this complete with all the 112g cheese (for scientific purposes i had to start with the full amount! Am going to split into 4 & have one for lunch tomorrow with salad. Am unreasonably excited! It smells amazing & with 4 portions i reckon its quote cheap too!

Made this today with red lentils rather than green and can report is blooming amazing! Can't wait for tomorrow now so I can have more :)

xx

I was on a red day yesterday so couldn't even have a little taste!! Have just finished a portion cold and it was lovely - reckon even nicer hot though. Thats tomorrows experiment.

A good use of a HEA I reckon!!

Made this too absolutely lovely. Been on plan for so long and tend to do same recipes am so glad I took time to do this its now joined my favourites list :)

Back