MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

Wednesday 14th March

Weigh in this morning and lost 1/2lb. That's 6lbs in 6 weeks since starting WW.

Today's food:

Breakfast: None. Slapped wrist for me, I know!

Lunch - Total 6PP - WW Heinz Chicken noodle soup (1PP), crust slice of w/m bread (3PP), two tspns butter (2PP) and a scraping of marmite, banana (0PP)

Wasn't very impressed with the soup tbh. I loved the Tomato one and the Carrot and Lentil, but I'm not really a fan of thinner soups, or of pasta in soups. 'So why did you buy it?' I hear you ask! :D Well it was 2 for a quid in Poundland so thought it was worth a try!

Snacks - Total 12PP - Coffee with cream (2PP), with a WW bagel (4PP), 1oz of Aldi soft and creamy cheese (2PP), and a tspn honey (1PP), 2 WW caramel mallow biscuits (3PP) a pear, black grapes, (0PP)

Tea - Total 21PP - 2 WW Tortilla wraps (5PP), 6oz chicken breast, raw weight (4PP), green and red pepper, chilli, garlic, onion (0PP) 2 tspns olive oil (3PP), 1/2 avocado (4PP), 1 tbspn half fat creme fraiche (1PP) drizzle of jerk sauce (1PP) 100g oven roasted spicy sweet potatoes (3PP)

Totals - 29/29
Weeklies used - 10/49, 39 remaining
APs earned - 3

Rather too many wheat servings for me really - will probably suffer for it later! :(

hi here to folllow diary is fab keep it up . i know what u mean though sometimes it feels like your the only one reading but it keeps u on the straight and narrow lol good name btw

Hi bookworm,

Thanks for dropping by! Sorry - don't quite know how but I missed your post yesterday. You're right - I feel more accountable because not only do I have to 'tell' the WW tracker what I've eaten, but I also have to 'tell' everyone on here! :D

Thursday 15th March

Today's munchings are...

Breakfast - Total 5PP - 2 weetabix (3PP), milk 140ml (2PP), (left a little for a cuppa later) sweetener - would have been nice if the milk hadn't been on the turn! :yuk: I thought it was the sweetener tasting a bit odd, so ate it all, then later when I went to use the rest of the milk - what a pong! Oh well - don't suppose the PP are any different!

Lunch -Total 10PP - 2 slices w/m bread (4PP), 4 roast chicken slices (2PP), 1oz chorizo (3PP) scraping l/f mayo (1PP), handful cherry toms, banana and bunch black grapes (0PP)

Snacks - tiny square of sponge cake at work (was a similar size to a Mr Kipling, so going for 4PP, coffee with cream (2PP)

Tea - Total 27PP - Steak & Kidney Pie (11PP), one 2oz pork sausage (5PP), good handful of chips - from the chippy (11PP) lashings of salt and vinegar (0PP!) Thursday nights is usually a takeaway night as it's a late work day for both of us.

Drinks - water, NAS squash

More snacks if needed - strictly fruit! (0PP)

Total 48PP! :eek:
So that is 29/29
19 weeklies used :whistle: Weeklies remaining - 26
APs earned - 2 (+ 3 from yesterday = 5)

Friday 16th March

Unbelievably busy day at work - only reason I didn't eat everything in sight was because every time I thought about it something else happened so I never got the chance! :D

Breakfast - 5PP - 1oz porridge made with water (3PP), 2 tspns maple syrup (1PP), 1 tbspn half fat creme fraiche (1PP)

Lunch - 7PP - Chicken sarni - 2 slices w/m bread (4PP), 80g chicken slices (2PP), tspn l/f mayo, tspn jerk sauce and tspn applesauce(1PP), cucumber, banana and grapes (0PP)

Tea - Total 12PP - Lamb burger - (7PP), 150g mashed potato (3PP), 3 tblspns petit pois (1PP), BBQ sauce (1PP) fruit salad with lime 'syrup' - fresh pineapple, melon and black grapes with a sprinkling of sweetener and a tspn NAS lime squash (0PP)

Snacks -Total 9PP - coffee with double cream (2PP), with a WW bagel (4PP), 1oz Aldi soft and creamy cheese (2PP), and a tspn honey (1PP)

Drinks - NAS squash, water, 2 coffees with a splash of milk each - say 1PP for milk

Totals so far - 34PP ** ('So far' because there is a wodge of my neighbour's home made coffee and walnut cake in the kitchen calling to me. I suspect I will be weighing a slice and dipping into my remaining weeklies for supper! Well it would be rude not to! :cool:)

29/29
5 weeklies used (21 weeklies remaining)
APs earned - 2 (7 so far for the week)

Ok, well I did give in to the Coffee and Walnut sponge last night - weighed out 2oz for 7PP. What a tiny slice :( I dread to think how many PP my 'normal' slice would be! So I need to amend yesterday's totals to ...

41PP total for the day which is 29/29 plus 12 weeklies used, 14 weeklies remaining.

The rest of the cake is portioned up into 2oz slices and in the freezer!

Today - Saturday 17th March

Breakfast - up very late so - 1PP for one WW Caramel mallow

Lunch - Total 12PP - 2 pork sausages (7PP), in 2 slices w/m bread (4PP), with a scraping of brown sauce (0PP apparently for that amount apparently!) and some onion (0PP), fried in a tspn of olive oil (1PP)

Afternoon snack (making up for no breakfast! :p) - Total 8PP - coffee with tbspn cream (2PP), 2 slices Warburtons fruit loaf (4PP), 2 tspns butter (2PP)

Planned Tea - Total 12PP - 2oz wholemeal spaghetti (5PP), chicken breast (4PP) few slices of chorizo (less than 1oz) (2PP), tspn red pesto (1PP), 1oz Fage 0% greek yogurt (0PP), beetroot, tomatoes, cucumber a couple of sliced olives (0PP) followed by fruit salad - fresh pineapple, honeydew melon and black grapes (0PP)

Planned evening snacks! - 5PP Total - one curly wurly (3PP) one packet cheese and onion velvet crunch (2PP) Pickled onions, cherry toms (0PP)

I really have the munchies today, and I know that by planning these goodies in and counting them in advance that I am more likely to stop after having them. If on the other hand I try not to have anything then I'm much more likely to keep nibbling all night on bits and pieces and use far more propoints in the end!

Total 38PP
29/29
9 weeklies used (5 remaining)
APs earned - 2 (9 so far for the week)

Sunday 18th March

Pre Breakfast snack! - Total 3PP - one piece Warburton's fruit loaf (2PP) and scrape of butter (1PP)

Breakfast - Egg sarni - Total 7PP - two pieces w/m bread (4PP), one egg (2PP), fried in tspn olive oil (1PP)

Lunch - Bacon and avocado wrap - Total 8PP - WW wrap (3PP), 2oz bacon (3PP), 1/4 avocado (2PP), couple slices raw onion (0PP) tbspn Fage 0% yogurt (0PP) bunch of grapes (0PP)

Planned Tea - Slow cooker Beef Stew with a yorkie - Total 9PP - 5oz stewing steak (4PP), 5oz potatoes (3PP),splash soy sauce (0PP), carrots, onions, romanesco broccoli (0PP) oxo stock cubes (0PP) individual yorkshire pudd - (1PP) 1/2 tbspn cornflour (1PP)

Drinks - Water, NAS squash, green tea (0PP)

Planned snacks - Total 7PP - one pkt cheese and onion velvet crunch (2PP), one crunchie (5PP)

Totals - 34PP
29/29
5 weeklies used - no weeklies left :wave_cry:
APs - none earned today, 9 so far for the week

No weeklies left now for the next 2 days (weigh in on Weds am). This seems to work for me though - using my weeklies or most of them by the end of the weekend and then two 'strict' days on my 29PP only for Monday and Tuesday. I can still work in a treat or two, so I'm quite happy with that.

Off to plan my next two days! I have the April copies of BBC Good Food and Olive to go through and see what I can use/adapt from them. Happy, lazy Sunday afternoon!

Last edited:
Monday 19th March

Went food shopping today for some bargains - WW stuff in Poundland, then of to Morrisons and Lidls for bits and pieces. I was planning to go into work tomorrow but that has been put off 'til next week, so I think it's time to do an inventory of the pantry, fridges/freezers and make a list of everything so I can plan meals around those lists. Anyway, todays food...

Breakfast - Porridge and fruit - Total 4PP - 1oz porridge made with water (3PP), 1oz Fage 0% yogurt (0PP), 2 tspns maple syrup (1PP), followed by an orange (0PP)

Lunch - Beef Stew small portion leftover from yesterday - Total 4PP

Snacks - 2 snack size salamis (7PP), one WW jaffa roll (2PP), bunch of grapes (0PP)

Tea - Total 11PP One-pot Moroccan Chicken - (8PP), one new potato (1PP), had cooked more but the chick peas in the chicken dish made it pretty filling, so didn't fancy any more pots, which meant I could have a meringue nest (1PP) and a squirt of spray cream (1PP) with my banana!

Drinks - NAS squash and water, green tea (0PP)

Totals so far - 28/29
APs earned - 4 - total for the week so far = 13

1PP left - will probably have a WW caramel mallow in bed!

Tuesday 20th March

Breakfast - Total 6PP - WW Bagel (4PP), 1oz Aldi soft and creamy cheese (1PP) tspn honey (1PP)

Lunch - Avocado, salami and mozzarella salad - Total 10PP - half an avocado (4PP), 40g Mozzarella (3PP), 25g salami stick (3PP), toms, basil, celery, cucumber, onion, 2 olives, drizzled with low fat balsamic dressing (0PP), a slice of honeydew melon and an orange (0PP)

Planned Tea - Pork Burger, roast veg and new potatoes, Chocolate pear meringue - Total 12PP - Pork burger (6PP), 150g new potatoes (3PP), oven roasted peppers and red onion (0PP), romanesco broccoli (0PP), tbspn apple sauce (0PP), followed by one pear (0PP), on 2 crushed mini meringues (1PP), drizzled with a 'chocolate syrup' - half a tspn of nutella mixed with half a tspn syrup (1PP) and a squirt of spray cream (1PP)

Snacks - 2 WW Ginger biscuits (2PP)

Drinks - Aldi green tea with vanilla (my new fave), NAS sugar squash and water

Totals for the day - 30PP
So that's 29/29, plus one of my APs (decided I needed that squirt of cream on the pear and meringue, over my weeklies or not - I'm a rebel, me!) :cool:
APS none - walked miles yesterday, so no APs today - dyed my hair instead! APs left for the week - 12

Weigh day tomorrow - had a sneaky peek this morning and looking good for another loss. Fingers crossed it says the same tomorrow!

Last edited:
Here to follow. Your meals sound lovely.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using MiniMins

Thanks - I do like to cook and experiment, but I also like that on WW I can open a tin of soup, or bung something in a wrap when I want something quick and easy!

I spent some of my first honeymoon in Co Kilkenny - it was a very pretty area. ('my first honeymoon' - sounds bad! I'm only on my second husband!)

Hi,I did WW a couple of years ago and did really well but stopped going and some home life changes happened so back to square one,am on my third week of the plan,am doing it at home aswell so it's great that there is support on here!

Wednesday 21st March

Weigh day today - another pound off, so that makes 7 in 7 weeks on WW :) Entered my weight on the WW tracker and got a bouncy silver star! Might go in search of a silver 7 to put in my sig later. Another 1.5 lbs to go to get to my first mini goal on the mini goals thread, which is my 10%. So... onwards and cakewards, er ... I mean downwards!

Breakfast - 7PP - 150g tub of Muller Amore Walnut and Greek Honey Yogurt. Yum - this is the kind of yogurt I used to eat when I wasn't on a diet. Creamy and scrummy! I did eat breakfast late though and haven't got long to go before lunch - I don't think this alone would fill me up 'til lunchtime on a 'normal' day.
The tubs have little slogans written on the inside that you can't see until you have eaten it. Mine said 'You missed a bit!' Oh no I hadn't! :D

Lunch - Total 8PP - Mozzarella and stuff on crackers I need to use up the mozarella from yesterday and hubby doesn't like it, so lunch will be 4 WW wheat and oat herb and onion crackers (2PP), 2 WW sun-dried tomato and herb crackers (2PP), 40g mozarella (3PP), half a dozen olives and one chopped sun dried tomato (1PP), cherry toms, basil, grated dried chilli and garlic (0PP) one banana (0PP)

Drinks - 3PP - two cups of tea, each with a splash of milk (1PP), coffee with tbspn cream (2PP), green tea with vanilla, NAS squashes

Snacks - some sort of 'Wednesday cake,' which my friend is bringing round for coffee! Tea - no idea yet, possibly something with chicken - will update these later.

Totals so far - 18/29
APs - none yet today - probably none at all today unless lifting large piece of cake up and down to mouth counts! :D

moonwatcher said:
Wednesday 21st March

Weigh day today - another pound off, so that makes 7 in 7 weeks on WW :) Entered my weight on the WW tracker and got a bouncy silver star! Might go in search of a silver 7 to put in my sig later. Another 1.5 lbs to go to get to my first mini goal on the mini goals thread, which is my 10%. So... onwards and cakewards, er ... I mean downwards!

Breakfast - 7PP - 150g tub of Muller Amore Walnut and Greek Honey Yogurt. Yum - this is the kind of yogurt I used to eat when I wasn't on a diet. Creamy and scrummy! I did eat breakfast late though and haven't got long to go before lunch - I don't think this alone would fill me up 'til lunchtime on a 'normal' day.
The tubs have little slogans written on the inside that you can't see until you have eaten it. Mine said 'You missed a bit!' Oh no I hadn't! :D

That's great news with the weight loss and silver star lol bout the yoghurt slogan!!

APs - none yet today - probably none at all today unless lifting large piece of cake up and down to mouth counts! :D

Lol too bout the Aps and cake exercise!!

brilliant well done on your loss. Kilkenny is a lovely city, i hope you enjoyed your first LOL honeymoon here. :) ww is def working for you.

Wednesday 21st March

Lunch - Total 8PP - Mozzarella and stuff on crackers I need to use up the mozarella from yesterday and hubby doesn't like it, so lunch will be 4 WW wheat and oat herb and onion crackers (2PP), 2 WW sun-dried tomato and herb crackers (2PP), 40g mozarella (3PP), half a dozen olives and one chopped sun dried tomato (1PP), cherry toms, basil, grated dried chilli and garlic (0PP) one banana (0PP)

Drinks - 3PP - two cups of tea, each with a splash of milk (1PP), coffee with tbspn cream (2PP), green tea with vanilla, NAS squashes

Snacks - some sort of 'Wednesday cake,' which my friend is bringing round for coffee! Tea - no idea yet, possibly something with chicken - will update these later.

Totals so far - 18/29

So to update for the rest of the day....

The WW onion and herb crackers were very good, but I wasn't so keen on the sun-dried tomato ones - they were thicker, so you only get 2 for 2 PP instead of 4, and the texture was less like a cracker, more like a digestive. Personally if I have something that is like a digestive I want it to be a digestive!

Chocolate sponge - 5oz in total - 16PP :eek:

Tea - Total 13PP - Spicy Egyptian lentil stew (6PP), with 100g new potatoes (2PP), and 2oz shredded chicken (2PP), 2 tspns olive oil - to cook chicken and onions/spices (3PP) Have made this before - it is yum yummy yum yum!

Evening snacks - Total 2PP, grapes(0PP), WW Jaffa mini roll (2PP)

Totals for the day - 49PP
29/29
20 weeklies used!!!! Most of them were from the chocolate sponge - not sure that it was worth it to be honest. I could do a lot more with those 20PP by choosing more carefully. Weeklies remaining - 29. Hmmmmm.
APs - none

Back