MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

Lol I quite like the tom and herb crackers because they are thicker and dont crumble when topping them, good job we are all different eh? ;)

Yes, my mum always used to say it would be really boring if we were all the same!

Food for Thursday 22nd March

Breakfast - Total 5PP - 2 Weetabix (3PP) Milk (2PP), sweetener (0PP)

Lunch - Pastrami and chicken bagel - Total 7PP - ww bagel (4PP), 2 slices pastrami (1PP), 2 slices cooked chicken slices (1PP), cucumber (0PP),chopped onion (0PP), tbspn l/f mayo (1PP), cherry toms (0PP), banana (0PP)

Tea - Takeaway chicken shish kebab and cheesy garlic pizza bread - Total 16PP - I didn't eat the pitta bread, so this was basically a spicy chicken salad with a small slice of cheesy garlic pizza bread. I counted 8PP for the chicken as there was quite a bit of it! 0PP for the salad, 1PP for the l/f mayo and 7PP for the 3oz garlic bread (which I weighed first - can you believe it??!!) :) Hubby had a half pounder cheese bacon burger in a bun, with the rest of the garlic bread. Where is my halo? LOL.

Snacks etc - 11PP - 2 crumpets (5PP) 3 tspns butter (3PP) coffee with tbspn double cream (2PP) milk in coffee (1PP)
Drinks - coffees as above, water, NAS squashes

Totals for today 39
29/29
10 weeklies used, 19 weeklies remaining
APs - 2

Friday 23rd March

Breakfast - Bagel with cream cheese and honey - Total 6PP - WW bagel (4PP), 1/2oz Aldi soft and creamy cheese (1PP), tspn honey (1PP)

Lunch - Ham and cheese sandwich - Total 9PP - 2 slices white bread (4PP), 2 tspns butter (2PP), 1oz ham (1PP), 1/2oz cheese (2PP), one banana (0PP

Snacks - Total 8PP - one piece quiche (6PP) one shortcake biscuit (2PP) I did originally bring the quiche home for my hubby, but he was late in, so I ate it! Very nearly fell into the trap that I didn't need to count it - after all it wasn't meant for me, and I was eating it standing up! So here I am - confessing! :D

Drinks - black coffee, green tea, various colour NAS squashes!

Tea - Bacon, egg, potato wedges, toms and mushrooms - Total 10PP - 3oz bacon -(4PP), 5oz potato wedges (3PP), one egg (2PP), fried in a tspn olive oil (1PP), toms and musrooms (0PP), bunch of grapes and an orange (0PP)

Totals today - 33PP
29/29
4 weeklies used, weeklies remaining = 15

Friday 23rd March

Breakfast - Bagel with cream cheese and honey - Total 6PP - WW bagel (4PP), 1/2oz Aldi soft and creamy cheese (1PP), tspn honey (1PP)

Lunch - Ham and cheese sandwich - Total 9PP - 2 slices white bread (4PP), 2 tspns butter (2PP), 1oz ham (1PP), 1/2oz cheese (2PP), one banana (0PP

Snacks - Total 8PP - one piece quiche (6PP) one shortcake biscuit (2PP) I did originally bring the quiche home for my hubby, but he was late in, so I ate it! Very nearly fell into the trap that I didn't need to count it - after all it wasn't meant for me, and I was eating it standing up! So here I am - confessing! :D

Drinks - black coffee, green tea, various colour NAS squashes!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tea - Bacon, egg, potato wedges, toms and mushrooms - Total 10PP - 3oz bacon -(4PP), 5oz potato wedges (3PP), one egg (2PP), fried in a tspn olive oil (1PP), toms and musrooms (0PP), bunch of grapes and an orange (0PP)

Totals today - 33PP
29/29
4 weeklies used, weeklies remaining = 15

OK scrap it all from the red line downwards. Hubby has only just got home and I just am too shattered to cook, so is he. So my halo has slipped down to my ankles and he has just gone down the chippy for pie and chips! I suppose that will be 12 for the pie, plus the chips - Hubby is buying one portion and we are sharing, so I suppose 8PP would cover them . That will make my tea 20PP instead of 10, so amended totals =

43PP :eek:
29/29
14 weeklies used, 5 remaining
Oh and I mustn't forget my 1 AP earned by walking home from work! Total APs so far this week = 3

5 remaining weeklies for 4 days. Right, going to look upon this as a challenge. I am going to bloomin' well enjoy my pie and chips tonight and then knuckle down for the rest of my week. Watch this space!

Saturday 24th March

Just want to eat today! I feel really tired, but not sure why. Had two really busy days at work on Thursday/Friday, but then always do have! Not sure tonight whether I'm going down with a cold, or the spring pollen is affecting my sinuses...oh I so want to eat things I shouldn't! Have managed to be OK so far - already planned pizza for tonight, so having it later than usual to try and avoid the night time munchies!

Breakfast - Total 8PP - Bagel with cheese and honey - Cinnamon and raisin bagel (6PP), 1/2oz Aldi rich and creamy soft cheese (1PP) tspn honey (1PP)

Lunch - Total 8PP - Hummous with crackers and pickles - 4 WW wheat and oat onion and herb crackers (2PP), 2 tbspns hummous (5PP) tspn red pepper and chilli jelly (1PP) (counted same as redcurrant jelly?) pickled onions, gherkins and jalapeno slices (0PP)

Tea - Total 13PP - Pizza, garlic bread and salad - 1/3 Pizza Al Forno stonebaked pepperoni with sweet chilli sauce (7PP), one WW petit pain (3PP), made into garlic bread with 2 tspns butter (2PP), garlic and herbs (0PP), tbspn low fat mayonnaise (1PP), tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, red pepper and red onion (0PP)

Snacks - fruit only - grapes, banana, pear

Drinks - NAS squash, green tea, one coffee with tbspn cream (2PP)

Totals - 31PP
29/29
2 weeklies used, 3 remaining :rolleyes:
APS earned - 3 - total APs for the week so far - 6

If the weather is nice again tomorrow we are popping to the coast for the afternoon - so I need to get creative with some low point picnic ideas :whistle:

Last edited:
Sunday 25th March

Well so much for knuckling down for the rest of the week - today was almost more like buckling under! I still don't feel well - can't decide what is the matter - dizzy spells, hot and cold, feeling nauseous - almost like I'm going down with something, but nothing really kicked in properly yet. Really didn't fancy the crackers with hummous, soft cheese, pickles and olives that I had planned to take with us for a picnic today, so we tootled off to the beach after a bacon roll breakfast, and ate while we were there... (have included hubby's choices too for comparison as it makes me feel a bit better!) ;)

Breakfast - Bacon roll - Total 4PP - Kingsmill deliciously soft white bread roll (3PP), rasher of bacon (1PP) smear of brown sauce (0PP) (Hubby had two, with butter)

En-route to the sea-side - one bottle diet coke (0PP), (Hubby had full sugar drink and a packet of crisps!)

At the sea-side! - OMGG! Believe it or not this was the best I could find on the menu ... 'Scrambled egg breakfast' - Total 14PP + 3PP for coffee - 3 scrambled eggs, (5PP), 2 rashers bacon (fat off) (2PP), one small sausage (3PP), (these were cooked on a griddle type plate so no fat for cooking) mushrooms, tomatoes (0PP), didn't eat all the mushrooms as they were obviously cooked in fat, but counted 2PP for the fat, half a piece white bread (1PP) scrape of butter (1PP). Washed it down with a small cappucino (3PP) Hubby had sausages, fried eggs, beans and chips!)

Afterwards.... one curly wurly (3PP) (Hubby had a 90g bar of Aero Bubbles!) :flirt2:

Then .... at the second sea-side town! One small scoop of white chocolate ice-cream (8PP)

Was planning a long walk, but compared to the sunny warm day when we left home, it was foggy and cold at the coast, so we had a couple of shorter walks - say 2 APs earned.

Once home again - one cup coffee with cream (2PP), Cadbury's flake dessert (well it will be out of date tomorrow....yep I know, you've heard it all before!) (6PP)

Totals 40PP - actually not as bad as I first thought it would be when I was entering it all into my tracker! Except I don't have the weeklies left...
29/29
3 remaining weeklies used, plus 8 APs used :sigh:

No weeklies left, and have used my meagre amount of APS up too.

Still, on a scale of best to worst.... the best that could happen is I have a loss on Wednesday (unlikely!), then in the middle is a STS (may-be!) or I could have a gain,(may-be!) but I won't gain back the whole 23 lbs I have lost so far, and I had a good day out with my hubby, and didn't go as mad as I would have done last year at this time. Even a gain isn't the worst that could happen - that I suppose would be if I let this become a 'sod-it' moment and blow it totally for tomorrow and Tuesday. I can stick to my daily PPs for the next two days, drink plenty of water and green tea and earn some more APs, so who knows...
C'est la vie!

well done, you really have such a positive outlook. your day sounds lovely. sometimes i think its the following days that do the real damage and not the actual day itself. like you say even if you gain you know the reason why and it will be off you the following week anyway. good luck :) it would have been so easy to just say sod it im having a day off but you didn't. you should be really proud and polish that halo :) :)

well done, you really have such a positive outlook. your day sounds lovely. sometimes i think its the following days that do the real damage and not the actual day itself. like you say even if you gain you know the reason why and it will be off you the following week anyway. good luck :) it would have been so easy to just say sod it im having a day off but you didn't. you should be really proud and polish that halo :) :)

Aw thanks Sinéad, - tbh I have spent 30+ years on unsuccessful diets, and I've come to realise that the only problem with most of them was in my mind! I've always wanted to lose it quickly (not alone in that I bet!), and said that 'I can't even average a pound a week.' Something has just 'clicked' over the last 6 months, because I can average a pound a week - the problem has always been that I never stuck to anything long enough to get a longer term average - I'd always fall at the first hurdle, or the first STS! Well of course then I wasn't averaging a pound a week, because I wasn't doing it every week! :D I think a lot of us who are trying to lose weight are perfectionists in some ways, and really beat ourselves up if we aren't 'perfect' on our diet and then, if we can't be perfect, then it does become that 'why bother?' mentality. That is what I've finally learned to stop doing - 'cos if I'm not perfect by now :D, then I won't ever be, so I may as well just accept that!

Monday 26th March

What a glorious spring day!

Breakfast - Porridge - Total 5PP - 1oz porridge oats (3PP), made with water and one tbspn greek yogurt stirred in (1PP), plus 2 tspns maple syrup (1PP)

Lunch - Mexican/Greek spicy couscous! Total 9PP - 1oz couscous (3PP), half an avocado (4PP), jalapeno chilli, tomato and garlic (0PP), 1oz hummous (2PP), one pear (0PP)

Tea - Good old Spag Bol - Total 10PP - 3oz (raw weight) mince (5PP), 2oz (dried weight) wholemeal pasta (5PP), onions, carrots, tomatoes, garlic, oxo cube, tbspn soy sauce, tomato puree, marmite (0PP), one banana (0PP)

Drinks - coffee with tbspn cream (2PP), green teas, water, NAS squash

Snacks - Total 3PP - 2 WW Ginger cookies (2PP), one WW caramel wafer (1PP)

Total 29/29 PP
no weeklies left, or used!
APs earned - 2

One more day to go 'til weigh day!

moonwatcher said:
Monday 26th March

What a glorious spring day!

Breakfast - Porridge - Total 5PP - 1oz porridge oats (3PP), made with water and one tbspn greek yogurt stirred in (1PP), plus 2 tspns maple syrup (1PP)

Lunch - Mexican/Greek spicy couscous! Total 9PP - 1oz couscous (3PP), half an avocado (4PP), jalapeno chilli, tomato and garlic (0PP), 1oz hummous (2PP), one pear (0PP)

Tea - Good old Spag Bol - Total 10PP - 3oz (raw weight) mince (5PP), 2oz (dried weight) wholemeal pasta (5PP), onions, carrots, tomatoes, garlic, oxo cube, tbspn soy sauce, tomato puree, marmite (0PP), one banana (0PP)

Drinks - coffee with tbspn cream (2PP), green teas, water, NAS squash

Snacks - Total 3PP - 2 WW Ginger cookies (2PP), one WW caramel wafer (1PP)

Total 29/29 PP
no weeklies left, or used!
APs earned - 2

One more day to go 'til weigh day!

Can i come to ur house for breakfast, lunch and dinner :)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using MiniMins

Tuesday 27th March

Bleuugh! Not a good start to the day as was violently sick twice this morning. Lots of my 'normal' fruit and veg I really couldn't stomach, but have tried to drink plenty, and have some healthy stuff and some of what I really fancied and could eat without feeling so nauseous. I really fancied salty flavours - presumably for my body to replace the salt I had lost.

Breakfast - Nothing!

Lunch - Total 9PP - white roll (4PP), 1oz Aldi soft and creamy cheese (2PP), 1oz peppered salami (3PP)

Tea - Jacket potato, tuna and sweetcorn - Total - 14PP, 5oz jacket spud (raw weight) (3PP), small tin tuna in brine (1PP), 3 tbspns sweetcorn (3PP), 1 tbspn l/f salad cream (1PP), 2 slices fruit loaf (4PP)with 1oz chocolate philadelphia (2PP) and a sliced banana (0PP)

Snacks - WW caramel mallow (1PP) and 25g cheese oddities (3PP)

Drinks - one cup coffee with tbspn cream (2PP), plus loads of water, NAS squash and green tea

Totals 29/29. On track for the number of points, :) but very little fruit or veg :(
No APs earned - spent a good part of the day in bed!

Weigh day tomorrow. A-hem! :rolleyes:

Wednesday 28th March

Weigh in this morning .... and I have lost a pound! That leaves me half a pound to go to my 10%! I'm more than happy with this after the er.... extras at the weekend which used up my APs. So another Wednesday, another week. Need to be totally on track this week so it doesn't catch up with me!

Breakfast - Nutri-grain, yogurt and fruit - Total 8PP - Kellogs Blackberry and Apple nutri-grain bar (4PP), 100g Lidl's greek yogurt (3PP), tspn honey (1PP), one orange (0PP). Yummy, creamy yogurt - worth 3PP!

Lunch - one of my couscous concoctions - let's call it 'Hot, Sweet 'n' Spicy Salami and Apricot Couscous!' - Total 7PP - 3oz couscous (dry weight) (3PP), 4 small slices (20g in total) chopped peppered salami (2PP), 3 dried apricots, chopped (1PP), a couple of olives, chopped tomatoes and chopped pickled jalapeno slices (0PP), dressing made from one tspn honey (1PP), one tspn wholegrain mustard (0PP), and a good squirt of lime juice (0PP), and grated over some dried chilli and garlic (0PP). Whew! This was not for the faint-hearted - hot and spicy, but very very yummy! One cooling pear to follow!

Tea later will be - Sausages, baked beans and bubble and squeak, followed by mango and pineapple salad - Total 16PP - 3 smallish, real sausages (don't like any of the 'healthy' options!) (10PP), sprouts, carrots and fry-lighted onions (0PP), made into a bubble and squeak with 150g (raw weight) mashed potatoes (3PP), 3 tbspns baked beans (2PP), followed by chopped fresh mango and pineapple, with a dollop of Lidl's greek yogurt or a squirt of spray cream (1PP)

Drinks - coffee with cream (2PP), green teas, water, NAS squashes

Snacks - 2PP - 2 WW ginger crunch cookies with the coffee

Totals so far 35PP
29/29
6 weeklies used, 43 weeklies remaining
APs none today

May have 25 grams of Jacob's cheese oddities later, which will add another 3PP - will update tomorrow if necessary.

Well done on your weight loss today,that's great news :0) I'm too soft to handle that spicy couscous lol I've seen people comment about the oddities,haven't tried them yet.

Back