MWWWD (or Moonwatcher's Weight Watchers Diary!)

moonwatcher said:
I know, it's a constant juggling act isn't it? Rent has just gone up again! Hubby has just taken out a small credit card to buy a moped, because his work base has moved to double the distance away, and of course the petrol costs have doubled too! We'll save so much on petrol that we should be able to pay back the c/card within the 3 month interest free period, just from the petrol savings! I hate credit cards, but we can't afford to buy the scooter any other way, and it's madness to keep paying so much petrol.

I shouldn't moan, because at least he has a job which he enjoys and I know a lot of people are worse off than we are. Most of the time I quite enjoy the challenge of looking, for example, for nice food on a budget, and having two-for-one days out like we did last month (even though it meant I had to juggle something else to afford them!) Just occasionally though, it would be nice to go into a supermarket and buy whatever you fancy without having to buy the basics first and then see what's left, or to go out for a meal without looking for the bargain places! Oh well, that's my moan over. I should be grateful to be healthy and getting by! :)

Believe me I know how you feel,OH gets his money the end of September but we still will have to be extra careful,I was saying on my diary the other day that we will have a week of batched cooked meals sometimes and use the money we have saved to go for a meal/cinema or see my friends band play.Great idea with the scooter,be good if we could get one as OH has got to use my car 4 times a week when he goes back to Uni,it's only a 1.4 but petrol does add up and wear and tear.Your're not moaning..you're just saying ;0)

Food for Friday 10th August

Rubbish! Well the points were OK, but my Dinner choice was rubbish!

Breakfast - 2 Aldi White Choc Chip Chewy Cereal Bars (4PP)

Lunch - Chicken and Mango Sarni with Toms - Total 12PP - 2 slices Kingsmill Seeded Bread (5PP), 3 oz cooked Chicken Breast (3PP), tbspn Mango Chutney (2PP) handful Cherry Toms (0PP) packet Aldi Cheese Curls (2PP)

Dinner - Hmmm - Waffles with Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice and Cream, Mango - Total 13PP. We both fell asleep at 5.00pm and didn't wake up till 10.30pm! Was starving hungry but really didn't fancy cooking or eating the planned Fish-fingers and Wedges with veg, so we toasted some waffles instead - 2 Egg Waffles (7PP), 2 tspns Maple Syrup (1PP), Lemon Juice (0PP), 3 squirts Spray Cream (3PP), packet Aldi Crispy Fries (2PP), half a fresh Mango (0PP)

Snacks - one Cranberry and Yogurt Bar (3PP)

Drinks - Green Tea, Water, NAS squash, one cup Coffee and Cream (2PP)

Totals for the day - 34PP, 29 dailies and 5 weeklies (only managed two portions of fruit/veg though - bad MW!)
Weeklies remaining - 23
APs earned today - none that I'm counting - a stroll to Poundland and Lidl's from the car-park 'tis all
APs for the week so far - 11

Not going to lie, that dinner sounds AMAZING!!

Sometimes I make pancakes for my dinner and have one savoury, and the rest sweet! :p

Believe me I know how you feel,OH gets his money the end of September but we still will have to be extra careful,I was saying on my diary the other day that we will have a week of batched cooked meals sometimes and use the money we have saved to go for a meal/cinema or see my friends band play.Great idea with the scooter,be good if we could get one as OH has got to use my car 4 times a week when he goes back to Uni,it's only a 1.4 but petrol does add up and wear and tear.Your're not moaning..you're just saying ;0)

Yep - I think I'm turning into my mum! She was always really thrifty and yesterday I was saying to the hubby that if we buy the larger cartons of milk and decant them into smaller ones to put in the freezer then we would save a £1 a week - £50 per year - and if we can do that with about 10 different things then that's £500 a year, which we can enjoy spending! I'm always on the look-out for cash-back things, or two for one offers etc. Just got a Taste-card, where you get half price food at certain restaurants. They're full price about £90 per year, which I wouldn't spend, but they sent me an email offer for £29.95 - same price for life if you re-new yearly, or just the one year if you want! That's do-able as we only need to use it, say, 3 times in the year to pay for itself, which we'll definitely do. We used it at the Indian the other night actually, although hubby's son treated us as it was a late hubby's birthday pressie, so I didn't see the bill, but it probably saved around £30, so worth using.

Yes, would be good if your OH could get a scooter, loads of miles to the gallon. Look into licences etc - my hubby took his test a long time ago and he is covered to ride a 50cc little'un without taking any extra test, anything bigger than that you have to pay for CBT test I think, and also if you OH took his test after a certain date, then the rules may be different.

moonwatcher said:
Yep - I think I'm turning into my mum! She was always really thrifty and yesterday I was saying to the hubby that if we buy the larger cartons of milk and decant them into smaller ones to put in the freezer then we would save a £1 a week - £50 per year - and if we can do that with about 10 different things then that's £500 a year, which we can enjoy spending! I'm always on the look-out for cash-back things, or two for one offers etc. Just got a Taste-card, where you get half price food at certain restaurants. They're full price about £90 per year, which I wouldn't spend, but they sent me an email offer for £29.95 - same price for life if you re-new yearly, or just the one year if you want! That's do-able as we only need to use it, say, 3 times in the year to pay for itself, which we'll definitely do. We used it at the Indian the other night actually, although hubby's son treated us as it was a late hubby's birthday pressie, so I didn't see the bill, but it probably saved around £30, so worth using.

Yes, would be good if your OH could get a scooter, loads of miles to the gallon. Look into licences etc - my hubby took his test a long time ago and he is covered to ride a 50cc little'un without taking any extra test, anything bigger than that you have to pay for CBT test I think, and also if you OH took his test after a certain date, then the rules may be different.

Yea my OH is covered as learnt to ride a bike before he learnt to drive a car,we have been looking at bikes funnily enough on eBay as I also feel 'abit funny' that I will have no transport 4 times a week,I don't go out much anyhow but nice knowing I have the car incase I need it.Lol at turning into your Mum,my Mum was the same! Worth saving here and there as it all helps in the end,like what you say with the milk,do you use the Martin Lewis website? If not its worth signing up for as you get a weekly email on savings/vouchers plus loads of advice etc on the main site itself,I used to live on the site lol.Great bargain with the taste card :0)

Yea my OH is covered as learnt to ride a bike before he learnt to drive a car,we have been looking at bikes funnily enough on eBay as I also feel 'abit funny' that I will have no transport 4 times a week,I don't go out much anyhow but nice knowing I have the car incase I need it.Lol at turning into your Mum,my Mum was the same! Worth saving here and there as it all helps in the end,like what you say with the milk,do you use the Martin Lewis website? If not its worth signing up for as you get a weekly email on savings/vouchers plus loads of advice etc on the main site itself,I used to live on the site lol.Great bargain with the taste card :0)

I'm the same - nice to know the car is there and being able to go out if I want to. We got rid of his van earlier in the year because he was using the work van, but now he has to use his own transport. Not worth having two cars though with all the cost of insurance, tax etc., so the bike seems best way to go. It's something like £15 a year road tax and £100 year insurance! Yes I get the Martin Lewis emails. Also get Groupon, Tickles, Wowcher and Vouchercodes! I think the Tastecard still does a month's free trial, no obligations - you don't have to sign up and then cancel. We did the free trial a while ago, but didn't use it as couldn't afford to go out at all at the time! I think that's possibly why I got the email for the special offer though.

moonwatcher said:
I'm the same - nice to know the car is there and being able to go out if I want to. We got rid of his van earlier in the year because he was using the work van, but now he has to use his own transport. Not worth having two cars though with all the cost of insurance, tax etc., so the bike seems best way to go. It's something like £15 a year road tax and £100 year insurance! Yes I get the Martin Lewis emails. Also get Groupon, Tickles, Wowcher and Vouchercodes! I think the Tastecard still does a month's free trial, no obligations - you don't have to sign up and then cancel. We did the free trial a while ago, but didn't use it as couldn't afford to go out at all at the time! I think that's possibly why I got the email for the special offer though.

Good idea to belong to all of those.Maybe I should look into them myself! Yea it's too expensive to have two cars so what you have done makes sense,will see what happens at the end of the month with our money and take it from there,will need money for car mot in December and of course Christmas etc etc! Lol

They're good as long as you're not tempted to get stuff you don't really need, just because it looks like a good offer! I mainly go for the half price meals, or entry tickets to places we would like to go to, but maybe wouldn't pay full price for.

Christmas Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh! I love it, but never enough cash to go round!

Yea I know what you mean,I'd use them for the same things you do! Only have to get the OH and my kids for christmas but it can add up!

Quick update with today's food before heading to bed. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Saturday 11th August

Breakfast - Egg Roll with HP - Total 7PP -
one Burger Roll (4PP), one Egg (2PP), fried in one tspn Olive Oil (1PP), tbspn HP Sauce (0PP)

Lunch - Cream Cheese, Chilli & Avocado Wrap - Total 13PP -
one Aldi Tortilla Wrap (5PP), 1oz Cream Cheese (2PP), Sun-Dried Tomato (1PP), tbspn LF Mayo (1PP), Chilli (0PP), 3 Olives (0PP), chopped Lettuce (0PP), half an Avocado (4PP), Garlic (0PP), one Orange (0PP)

Tea - Jacket with Beans and Cheese, Fruit Salad - Total 15PP -
6oz Jacket Spud (4PP), half large tin Baked Beans (5PP), 1oz Cheddar (3PP), tbspn LF Mayo (1PP), Fruit Salad - one Nectarine, pile of chopped Pineapple and a slice of Melon! (0PP), tspn Maple Syrup (1PP), squirt of Spray Cream (1PP)

Snack - one Aldi White Choc Chip Bar (2PP)

Drinks - Water, NAS squash one cup of Tea with splash of SS Milk, two cups Coffee and Cream (4PP)

Totals for the day - 41PP, 29 dailies and 12 Weeklies
Weeklies remaining 11
APs earned today - 5, (on Wii Fit, upper body free weights and ab crunches)
APs for the week so far - 16

Afternoon all. It's a sunny day here, so we're off for a walk at the beach. Breakfast of 2 x Cheesy Marmite Toast, Cereal Bar and Coffee has already been munched! For a mini picnic I'm taking Tikka Turkey and Mango Chutney Wraps and fruit. To avoid chips from probably the best chip shop in Norfolk, we're planning to come home and have Fish Fingers, Chips and Mushy Peas! Have worked my points out and will be able to have a small scoop of ice-cream too, the whole lot will use 8 weeklies. Aiming for a nice l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-n-n-n-n-g-g-g-g-g walk to get some APs. That's my day planned. Hope you all have a good day. xxx

Hope you had a great time at the beach sounds like a fab day and well planned out xx

Absolutely lovely afternoon - walked and walked and walked! Oh my legs!...and if you've ever been to Sheringham beach when the tide is in and walked on the stones you'll know what I mean!

Had to re-do my tracker a bit as the ice-cream was bigger than I'd allowed for, and I had a cone, whereas I usually have it in a tub. Also changed what we had in the evening when we got home. It was interesting though, 'cos after the walk and the picnic, we wandered down to the town and had our ice-creams, and as we sat on the bench eating them I realised that I wasn't at all hungry for the idea of Fishfingers, chips and peas. What's interesting about it is that in the past we would have walked down to the town and got chips, at the very least, possibly with fish or sausages, just because we were there and it was what we always did when we went there! Then we would have waited a bit and still had the ice-cream!

So we walked back towards the car and stopped over-looking the sea again, and in the past I would have been standing there by now absolutely knackered and wondering where I could sit down to rest my legs, but this time I was doing calf stretches on the step instead whilst we stood there! Actually as my hubby said I never would have done the walk in the first place.

It made me feel a bit emotional tbh, as although I still have a long way to go, it made me realise and think about how many things have changed as a result of losing this 34lbs and exercising regularly!

... so, food for Sunday 12th August

Breakfast - Cheesy Marmite Toast and Cereal Bar - Total 9PP
- 2 slices Lidl Seeded Bread (5PP), 2 Cheese Triangles (2PP), tspn Marmite (0PP), Aldi White Choc Chip Chewy Bar (2PP)

Picnic Late Lunch - Tikka Turkey and Mango Chutney Wraps, Cheese Curls, Cherries - Total 12PP
- one Wrap (5PP), pack of Bernard Matthews Tikka Turkey pieces (3PP), tbspn Mango Chutney (2PP), Tomato (0PP), Lettuce (0PP), 3 Olives (0PP), packet Aldi Cheese Curls (2PP), 13 Cherries (0PP)

In the evening - Peanut Butter and Jam Sarni, Nectarine
- Total 6PP - one slice Lidl Seeded Bread (3PP), two tspns Peanut Butter (2PP), one tspn Jam (1PP), Nectarine (0PP)

Snacks - Tiramisu Ice-cream in a cone (8PP), Oh, this was worth every weekly point!

Drinks - NAS squash, water, Coffee with Cream (2PP)

Totals for the day - 37PP, 29 dailies and 8 weeklies
Weeklies remaining - 3
APs earned today - not sure really, walked for around 90 mins on the beach, which was hard work as Sheringham is big pebbles, so you're sinking in and sliding around a lot! Also walked into town along the sea-front and back twice - another half an hour at least. Going for 11 APs as a mixture of rambling and slow walking. It's not too critical a number as I'm not planning to use them anyway!
APs for the week so far - 27!

I think we'll sleep well tonight!

Last edited:
Back