My Blue Jeans Dukan Mission...

I saw earlier you mentioned tofu, Andi: did you try any recipes? I lived in China for years so it was a standard part of my diet, and is great for dukan. Lots of pv recipes, but I'm sure there must be some good pp ones too. Egg and tofu soup maybe? Also fantastic as a non-dairy dessert...

Day 34 PV

Ok, struggling to type this because at 10am I went to body pump, and my so called friend convinced me to stay and do the next class body attack as well....can't believe I did it, but I did...and all day I have been suffering...I went to bed immediately afterwards & slept for 2 hours!! Just about managed to make my cottage pie to freeze....but the rest of my plans for today have been wiped out..I've been told it does get easier!!! But for the record...I am not doing attack straight after...never...ever....ok food

B - toast with dukan nutella
S - choc sponge
S - carrot sticks
L - cheeseburgers with tomato & lettuce - seriously lush!
D - beef curry & cauliflower rice
S - parsnip crisps

2trs water, coke zero, sugar free sweets 5

xxxx

Good luck! Yes, I've been a huge pump fan for years, but I don't belong to a gym anymore. So many great outdoor activities to do that I can't really justify the expense (although last year I signed up for a 3 month membership over the winter). So I really miss my pump, and I think I'm getting enough cardio, but I have to say, I think it's much easier to keep the weight in control when you're doing more strength exercises. There's no way I would buy a set of weights for home use, but I'm thinking of getting a resistance band to do the CX workouts. But come winter, I think I'll be back on my twice weekly pump sessions at the gym!

Wow you have my total admiration!! God it was tough...not so much at the time, but omg...I'm aching every where...even my fingers...And I obviously used tiny weights to start off with...I can see it being addictive though...it works everywhere!!!

xx

I saw earlier you mentioned tofu, Andi: did you try any recipes? I lived in China for years so it was a standard part of my diet, and is great for dukan. Lots of pv recipes, but I'm sure there must be some good pp ones too. Egg and tofu soup maybe? Also fantastic as a non-dairy dessert...

Ha ha...nope not yet...it's in my fridge and I'm scared of it, cos I've no idea what to do with it, that's my plan for next week is to get googling and stop being afraid & do something with it!! You sound the tofu expert though living in China!! So I will come to you if there's any problems...

xxxxx

Day 35 PP

Morning peeps....hope everyone is cool today

Im aching like I've never ached before, even my armpits & boobs hurt!! Tmi....never thought that was possible but there we go...going to make more bread shortly, it's helping me big time on my PP days & not bored of it yet..
need to buy some bare naked noodles today too as I've run out & do my walk...

B choc sponge
L tuna omelette
D cheeseburgers

xxxxx

Andi help! The food you are having does not seem to be in my book. Dukan bread?? And other stuff. I think my book is the original and has been adapted? Oh well I have until Wednesday. :confused:
Well done on exercise and I hope the aches and pains go soon!!

Andi help! The food you are having does not seem to be in my book. Dukan bread?? And other stuff. I think my book is the original and has been adapted? Oh well I have until Wednesday. :confused:
Well done on exercise and I hope the aches and pains go soon!!

Hi Solange,

yep it quite confusing so will try my best. The book you have bought is probably the best seller that everyone buys and hasn't been changed much in content. As the years have gone on, Dr Dukan has added what he calls 'tolerated' items, which on cruise you can have up to 2 per day. However if you see your weight loss slow or stalling, he recommends you cut tolerated items to one or none & just do the normal items.

Have a look in your book in the index at the back to see what tolerated items you are allowed. I think there's a few basic ones such as cornflour, wheat bran etc, in that book, but over the years I've discovered he's added loads more. It's only coming onto these forums and googling tolerated items you will learn what is new. (I didn't know you were allowed babybel lights & 30g of Philadelphia extra light as a tolerated until 3 weeks ago!)

So with my bread recipe which I've put on the board, all the ingredients are allowed normally, quark, oat bran allowance, eggs etc apart from wheat bran, which is one of the tolerated items you are allowed on cruise.

same with my sponge, cornflour & dukan cocoa powder are tolerated items.

once you get into the swing of things start trying tolerated items & see if your weight loss continues, if so great :)

hope this helps

xxxx

I hereby thank you for changing breakfast time in my house! My OH has just had oatbran porridge with me! Miracle! I love it and I've missed breakfast and porridge so much! I owe you!
Now if I can just master your sponge xxx

Ha ha ha...well I'm honoured ;) you will definitely feel the benefits too...I think it will kick start your appetite too...it really fills me up in the mornings...so glad your soil fear as been put to rest...and to get your OH to eat it!!!! OMG...good work..

with the sponge...,you should have seen my first couple of attempts!!!! One had a massive great big hole in it..I literally could stick my arm through it...and another it seemed all the egg and lemon sank to the bottom and looked really congealed and tasted like a lemon omelette.....the trick is first in the whisking...cos I do two at a time, it takes me 10 mins to whisk it til it's very stiff...so stiff it's just before it goes quite powdery almost...I time 10 mins so I know I've done it enough....next trick is the folding, it takes ages to fully combine both mixtures....otherwise you will end up with big white blobs through it, when it's cooked. I do think this thing is worth persevering over because I personally couldn't do the dukan without it..

xxx

Ha ha ha...well I'm honoured ;) you will definitely feel the benefits too...I think it will kick start your appetite too...it really fills me up in the mornings...so glad your soil fear as been put to rest...and to get your OH to eat it!!!! OMG...good work.. with the sponge...,you should have seen my first couple of attempts!!!! One had a massive great big hole in it..I literally could stick my arm through it...and another it seemed all the egg and lemon sank to the bottom and looked really congealed and tasted like a lemon omelette.....the trick is first in the whisking...cos I do two at a time, it takes me 10 mins to whisk it til it's very stiff...so stiff it's just before it goes quite powdery almost...I time 10 mins so I know I've done it enough....next trick is the folding, it takes ages to fully combine both mixtures....otherwise you will end up with big white blobs through it, when it's cooked. I do think this thing is worth persevering over because I personally couldn't do the dukan without it.. xxx

How long does it last you? Also I think it's the whisking now you've said that so I'll whisk longer tomorrow when I have another go. It tasted good but I'd be worried id eat it all I think!
Have you tried mug cake yet? Xx

How long does it last you? Also I think it's the whisking now you've said that so I'll whisk longer tomorrow when I have another go. It tasted good but I'd be worried id eat it all I think!
Have you tried mug cake yet? Xx

Well one would last me 2 days maybe 3...that's why I double the amounts and make 2 at a time, so they last 4-5 days...so I have half a loaf of it every day...I use a serrated knife and slice it up quite thin, so when I work afternoon shifts I take 6 slices!! It's so filling honestly is don't think you will be able to eat the whole thing....I'll post some pics now on what mine look like now..I do use a whole tub of sweetener when I make 2...they are lovely & week then..

ps havent had another go of the mug cake since I overcooked it...and because I've had my choc sponge...but I def will do it wen I run out of sponge or have a chocolate craving...cos it's so easy to make!!

xxxx

image.jpg

Heres what the chocolate ones look like after 10 mins of coming out if the oven...they deflate a bit! Sorry bout the sideways pic!! Can't rotate it.xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    607.1 KB · Views: 38
Oh mannn I love cake! Need to give this a go. Does the dukan cocoa powder last you a while? It's so expensive xx

Day 35 PP

Thought I'd done everything today, ticked all the boxes....uuuuuummmmm totally forgot about my water!!! Had 500ml with my lunch, then just realised omg...was so ruddy chuffed with doing my walk earlier even though I'm aching, I thought yay, done it!!! So now I'm glugging like mad!!

B choc sponge
L 2 egg ham omelette with 2 slices ham
S choc sponge
D - 3 cheeseburgers
4 sugar free sweets & not enough water!!

weigh day tomorrow :0

xx

Oh mannn I love cake! Need to give this a go. Does the dukan cocoa powder last you a while? It's so expensive xx

It's very expensive :( with postage it works out at about £9...I think... but it does last ages...I use a tablespoon and a half to make the sponges, and I alternate with lemon sponge, plus I have a few hot chocolates a week, I only use half a teaspoon because it's really concentrated and it does last me a good couple of months.....xxxx

Day 36 PV

WEIGH DAY lost 2.8lb..... Woop woop woop, 2 is my target so I'm happy happy happy.....right my not so little boys first day at school now....gotta go

happy dukanning everyone

:)

It's very expensive :( with postage it works out at about £9...I think... but it does last ages...I use a tablespoon and a half to make the sponges, and I alternate with lemon sponge, plus I have a few hot chocolates a week, I only use half a teaspoon because it's really concentrated and it does last me a good couple of months.....xxxx

Not too bad if it lasts a while I suppose. This whole diet is pretty expensive to be fair. Xx

Back