My Countdown - 20 Weeks to go!

Well done! Coming into a new stone bracket is such a great mental hurdle to overcome.
Good luck for today. Hope ketosis kicks in fast!

Hi Kez,

Well done hun, you are doing fantastic! The ketosis should be well on its way by now, then the main hurdle is over and done with.

Are you having tetras in the first week? Must be so nice to at least chew on something! lol

My CDC is reluctant to, I quote, 'allow her ladies any tetra bars at all'. I might have to insist after another week of 100% liquid goo... I'll see how I go xoxo

tetras and bars are 2 different things. tetras are ready made drinks in cartons. you can have these from the start. bars are from week 3.

Hey Kez --

In the 17s how wonderful that must feel!!!

I made my first "tick off" to the next lower 1/2 stone because getting into the next bracket was certain to take forever... getting to that 1/2 stone seems to be taking forever. Into next stone bracket would be even more exciting.

I'm very cold today... I think it might actually be colder. Also it is raining here and the dull days make me feel colder, too. I guess you'll need to bring a nice jumper to leave at work -- and soon it'll look like you borrowed it from a bigger person. ;)

MinnieMel

Yay I was like that, I was 14st 13 and a half on Sunday morning but that was enough for me lol out of the 15's!!! Fortunately for me the hospital is like a furnace so I'm just right while everyone else is roasting lol. Have a good day x

Can't wait to get back into my smarter trousers and tops! And for my jumpers to be as baggy as they were designed and not look like the shrunk in the wash. Lol!

The biscuits in the kitchen are calling me, but all i keep thinking about is how many I secretly scoffed before Xmas. If I was watching someone else I would have been repulsed. So that's what I am focussing on.

Haha, yeah I was 17st 13.5 lbs! Lol

did you really taste those biscuits you scoffed before xmas or was it a get them down your neck as quickly as you can. i'm finding a new focus about food at the min and am questioning everything i'm eating as to whether i've tasted it or not.

I tasted the first couple but after that I was scoffing for the sake of it, didn't actually get any pleasure from it.

Have resisted so far! And will continue to do so.

Well I was very naughty tonight, while making scotts packed lunch and tea I had two slice of turkey again, which is fine...but then I had a piece of bread with some tuna in. Bad, bad, bad!

Will probably have just put myself back a day in getting into ketosis, which at the moment even though I'm not struggling (other than with willpower) there seems to be no sign of?! Usually by the end of day 3 I'm there, but at the minute there is no ketosis breath and I am feeling cold, but to be fair...it is cold!

No ketostix yet to test myself, but to be honest I know I'm not there so would be a waste of one anyway.

Meeting with CDC tomorrow after work, am going to ask after tomorrow to go back on Monday and make Monday my weigh in day as thats the day I started this week, so makes sense to me.

I can't find the emails from when I bought my wedding dress, so I can't find out what size I ordered?! It's handmade, so there are no labels and any writing that came with it is in Chinese!!!

It is either a 14 or a 16, I kind of remember changing it from a 14 to a 16, but maybe it was a 16 to a 14?! Eek!

Don't beat yourself up about the slip put it behind you and keep going, keep that beautiful dress in your mind and imagine how amazing you'll feel in it!! What you've had isn't too bad it might set ketosis back a bit but it won't derail it altogether, it's not a vat of ice-cream or packet of biccies!! Just keep going. Ha ha that reminds me of Dory in Finding Nemo "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" lol xx

Haha, I love Doreen! I've added a new ticker, the weight loss I need to be light enough to ride my youngster!

Your diary was the first one i ever read when i randomly typed something into google and a post you had written came up.

I read the whole thing, i swear its like 40 pages? And i dont mean this to offend you in any way at all but compared to your last diary this one is so much more positive and i really think you can do it this time. I had one major hell of a blip tonight, I'm laughing my head off at how much Ive eaten, but it serves me right because i skipped shakes and it took me longer to get into ketosis and it made me ill. So from tomorrow I am actually doing the diet properly and not attempting to put my own little twist on it. Do not feel bad, I would rather be in your shoes than be in mine with what I've eaten! Im not even going to list it all because its shocking but I know I've probably undone 4days of hard work...Its definitley not worth it so dont do it! Oopsie :)

Anyway the point of my blabbering rant was you are doing SO well and I can tell you are determined this time, don't tell yourself that you're not, I can guarantee you will be in that dress by the time your wedding day comes.

Apologies for the essay Lol x

Don't apologise, I like essays and absolutely no offence taken! I think first time round I had too much desperation and self pity, it was all negative and I was set up to fail from the start. This time round, I don't feel sorry for myself and I don't feel desperate, I feel relieved im doing something for a change. Plus there's a little bit of fear that I won't fit into my dress! Lol

No more woe is me, the world is against me, I don't deserve this....i do, I made it, I need to fix it!

Thanks for reading my diary, i miss it as it had so many lovely replies and posts, but it did end up a bit of a bore. Me making excuses, trying to cheat the system and generally moaning.

So, new diary, new outlook and no more mini goals and targets (I just rebel!) just me, my dress and my tickers!

Oh and about your little hiccup, don't dwell, draw a line and start tomorrow afresh. You won't have completely undone your hard work, just make sure you drink all your water tomorrow!

Just had a bit if a scan through my old diary and my first time round I only made it to day 8 before I came off plan, that's rubbish isn't it?

Hi Kez --

I wouldn't call it rubbish. It is more like a "false start", warming up, training, etc. I think it is a lot to expect to go out and run a marathon when you haven't even walked around the block.

I faffed about with CD on and off all of last year. It took me having difficulty getting into my "fat" clothes to sit down and calculate my bmi... and when I realized that I regained not only about half (maybe a bit more than half) of the weight I lost in 2008 on LL... and that my bmi was precariously close to obese (again!) -- that I got off my bum and laced up my running shoes (metaphorically -- I hate to run!). And, this time I asked for helped!

I tried two different CDCs looking for someone that I felt would be there to support me. I have not had to call or contact her (thanks in large part to this forum)... but it comforting to know she is there.

Soooo, good on you for trying and trying and trying and not giving up... because if you don't try, you can't succeed! And, I know you will succeed -- your determination is evident!

MM

Ah, thankyou MM! I was just thinking it's quiet on here today.

I am in the grumpiest mood this afternoon, feel really snappy and irritable... Lol! Working hard at biting my Tongue!

Excited about seeing CDC this afternoon, trying to plan what to get. I don't think all tetras is the best idea, maybe a couple of soups? Are there any new products?

Oh and slightly smelly breath and feeling very chilly, at last!

Hey hun good to see you back :D new products out are maple and pecan porridge which i haven't had and chocolate mint bars yum yum lol, hope weigh in goes well :)

Good luck this aft with seeing your CDC!

Back