My Countdown - 20 Weeks to go!

Well went to weigh in, 5lbs on. But to be fair it could have been a lot lot worse, am on my phone but will post later what I have actually eaten these last few days.

Aiming for a 100% ss plus (with my milk) week! Get these 5 lbs back off and concentrate on getting back into that 16 stone!

Well done for going Kerry, those 5lbs will be gone again in no time, be mostly glycogen anyway! Keep going my lovely you can do it!!

I feel so small! I phoned a local riding school about having some lessons and got some snotty woman who said they wouldn't possibly put anyone over 13 stone on their horses. I feel about an inch tall :(

Really? Bloody *****! I'm sure they must only have ponies then cox my male friend who's 17st goes horse riding x try somewhere else hun

I've got my own horses, but wanted some proper lessons. Feel nervous to phone anyone else now. :( bar stewards!

I've got my own horses, but wanted some proper lessons. Feel nervous to phone anyone else now. :( bar stewards!

Hey hun
Don't feel down, the weight limit is to do with insurance, novice riders and the horses they have at the yard. A novice rider weighing over 13/14 stone can be an enormous amount of weight if they land heavierly on a horses back when learning how to trot or canter (which results in physio bills for the riding school)

Have you explained to the yard you aren't a novice rider? Maybe ask about the heights and breeds of horses they have at the yard...The weight Limit is Shocking as I've taught at plenty of Yards when a 6ft plus fit guy who weighs more than 12/13 stone (which Most tall men do:rolleyes:) have been turned away. Don't EVER be discouraged chick :) as a great way to keep fit x

Last edited:
I want to ride again! I used to when I was little I want a horsey :( lol

Boo boo boo! Feeling really grouchy today. Came on this morning and had a really painful stitch and back ache this morning, wombie back as my gran calls it!

Just feeling miffed in general! Was naughty AGAIN yesterday, so yet another day 1 today. Just need to get into ketosis, so I will have something to put me off being naughty. I want to get the 5 lbs back off again this week. Can't imagine I would get anything on top of that, but we'll just have to see.

I've seen lots of people talking about bars making a difference to their loses lately? I'm wondering whether I should be skipping them this week? I had one last night and I am sure it was much chunkier than normal?

Aw chin up Kez!!! I've had a few days off to get my head together a bit. Had a big chat with my friend today (the one who did LL and put it all back on) she told me to stop pissing about or I'd end up like her, she said she wishes she could afford to do LL again because she really wants to lies the weight again!

So tomorrow I an going to stop pissing about and I'm going to keep going for as long as it takes, if I need to have a day off I'm going to have to really justify it!! So Day 1, tomorrow!!! Xx

Hi kez, I Think the bars are great for some and evil for others!! You definetly need to get into ketosis before having them tho, that's why the CDC wait 3 weeks before giving them out ( well some).

Try not to give yourself too much of a hard time, will make u negative and then be bad again! Look at the progress u have made so far - u can so this x x

I'm in a bit of a dilema, I started a new job back in September and up until Christmas I hated it. It was a nightmare, the boss was a complete pest and really was quite horrible to me. Given that I'm a very hard worker, quick learner and very good at what I do I just couldn't understand what the problem was. I've since come to realise that he is just a complete control freak and really doesn't cope with change well. The person I took over from had been there for 10 years and left on bad terms, so guess he'd had his hands burnt.

Still since Christmas I think I've finally proven myself and he's come to accept me. Maybe he was just testing me, I don't know!

Anyway, my dilema is that I went for a job interview before Christmas and didn't get it, the woman I was to replace wanted me, but her top boss in London wasn't happy I had enough experience. Which was fine, I didn't. However the woman has managed to convince him that they need somebody they can mould to her role and teach her way (she wants to retire the end of this year). Sooo...the big boss is flying down tomorrow and they want to meet me?!

I guess that's good, but my new job has settled now and they have had two major people hand their notice in, in the last fortnight. If I were to go as well it would be a major blow to them. My conscience is too soft for my own good.

Really don't know what to do? It would mean a £3k pay cut, but about 40 miles a day less to do. And would save me about 2 hours a day travelling time.

Argh!!! I ended up regreting leaving one job, do I want to risk making the same mistake again? They may not even offer me the job. I feel guilty, like I'm descieving my current bosses bu just going along to meet with these guys.

Ooooh that's a tough one!! I think only you can make that decision! I've leaned that because work is such a massive part of your life it's important to be as happy as possible with it. Easier said than done though isn't it? I'm still in a tizz about what to do with my boss :(

Hi CornishKez, I'm using up some spare LL packs at the mo (only on day 2 - killing me!!) But will need to contact a CDC soon. I saw ur in Cornwall, and just wondered who yours is, as I've got 3 options and don't want to choose the wrong one!! I'm in West cornwall.
Jo x

Hi Jo, I use Suzi Annear in Truro. She lives near to Halfords if you know Truro at all, she does either a Monday or Thursday evening after work and you go to her house and weigh and buy your stuff. She's lovely, very laid back and is on the plan herself, so is going through the same struggles as us! Not at all patronising. She used to do home visits, but has gone back to work full time, so not sure if she does them anymore?

She charges £1.80 per item, either shake, tetra or bar. I haven't met either of the other two about, but have heard that a few people left one of the others to go to Suzi, but no idea which one I am afraid?! She picks up her email regularly if you wanted to suss her out.

Where abouts in Cornwall are you?

i was just about to say the same as surf. you need to feel happy in your work and if you are happy now and think you'll be happy there for the future then maybe stay.

i have had a hard time this week. put on 3lb for our xmas day celebrations and need to focus to get it off but today has pushed me to scoff some choccies. not good. my only saving grace is i have thur, fri, sat and sun to be on plan and i did zumba tonight and have core and zumba tomorrow. however, we are going to see hubby's parents this weekend and they might try to feed me up, as they usually do or force me to drink wine lol i need to get a grip and maintain.

Well I am going along to see them after work, well see what they say. Scales looking healthy this morning, almost back to where we were, might even manage a loss for next week? Which would be amazing!

Thanks for your reply, Kez (it doesn't seem to let me quote message in reply)

Sorry, I only joined this forum yesterday and was only seeing 1st page of people's posts. Duhh!! Must be feeling a bit better today, because I managed to spot the 'next page' bit... Yay Me!! Haha!

I live in a little village between Hayle and Camborne. It seems to offer me: Rebecca T, Wendy C or Bethia H

Getting to Truro is no problem, but was hoping for home visits, so maybe will try one of the above first.

Whereabouts are you?

I havn't done any exercise for a long time, so really want to start gently with Pilates and Yoga. Don't want to do them at the gyms or leisure centres yet though, because I really don't have the confidence. Trying to find a village hall type setup that offers them. Not having a lot of luck yet though.

Well done on ur losses, Glad the scales are looking good for you :)

Jo xx

Yay the scales are their lowest yet!

Back