My Diary, by Coughdrops

I am at my desk half asleep, had our Christmas party last night. I didn't drink too much, so not hungover, but I've only had about 4.5 hours sleep. Was wide awake earlier, and now hit a slump. Just been to cafe next door for a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig coffee.

Anyway, dinner was gorgeous last night- goats cheese starter and steak for mains. Had a few Coors Light and some wine with the meal.

Back on the fruit for breakfast today, whereas I REALLY want a sausage sambo. Lunch, I am not sure about yet. Dinner is a Chinese with my sister and her DH, as we won't see them over Christmas.

Not sure I am going to pull off my STS on Monday, but hell I am enjoying myself so far!

1st January 2014

Happy New Year!

Thanks to stormy weather and crappy eircom we've had no broadband for last 7 days, so I've been neglecting my online personas!!

Over the 2 weeks of Christmas I was up 4 lbs. Trying to get that off for next Wed. Gulp.

gosh the storms have been everywhere then haven't they?! I do not know what on earth I would do with no internet for a whole week! Yikes. What did you do?! Watch corrie and play scrabble? :eek:
4lb in 2 weeks isn't too too shabby!
I have my second weigh in tomorrow and have no idea what to expect to be honest.
Happy New Year xxx

So, our broadband/phone were finally fixed yesterday, just in time for back-to-work today. Although Storm Christine is currently trying to rip the wires up again. Oh well!

I've been "OK" food wise since New Year, we were away at my in-laws from the first until last night. I've not been snacking, and having good breakfasts/lunches, but dinners have been a bit hit or miss. I kinda had to eat what was put in front of me. I don't like drawing too much attention to the fact that I am being fussy.

Today is a new day, and after my first coffee I am feeling a bit more awake and positive. I reckon I'll be up again on Wed, but once that's out of the way I can get back into it fully. If I superspeed it out between now and then, I should have made some sort of move in the right direction.

Hope you are all well!

Hi CD!

Hope you had a lovely Xmas and NY! Can't believe you only put on 4lb over 2 weeks, well done you - you must have good will power!! What are you aiming for on Wednesday? xx

Hi Jessie

I was just posting on your diary too

I'd love some sort of loss, but really I think a STS is the most I can hope for. I am doing the January challenge of 7lbs. In my head, 7lbs a month is doable, which is 2 stone by end of April. Imagine a summer almost 4 stone lighter than last year... that's getting me through this miserable January morning with my bananas, when really I want a sausage roll!

Hahaha! I know what you mean, I'm sat here eating my 12 cashew nuts whilst everyone else is munching left over quality streets...

I'd love to lose another 2 stone by summer! Are you going away this year?

We've nothing planned yet. We usually take a week off work in October and if we can get a last minute deal we go with that. Even if we don't go anywhere if we get warm weather here I want to be able to wear less clothes than last year!

hey coughdrops :)
I've had the last 3/4 weeks off plan... was like a woman possessed with my eating ha... so glad to be going back to class on Wednesday... I'm aiming for 2 stone gone for the Summer too... want to wear clothes I like instead of what just will fit me!!
The storms are crazy at the minute aren't they.... the wind is howling around my office here !!!

My mum has been here already today for her walk, she's been out all over Christmas working to get her Gold Body Magic award, now she's on to Platinum. Rain hail or shine she is out pounding the roads. I barely get off my @ss all day ;)

Really looking forward to Wed too, and getting back on track. Haven't updated my stats over the last couple of weeks, ignoring the 4lb (at least!) gain for now

Monday 6th Jan

Breakfast
1 banana
1 coffee 0.5 syns for milk

Mid morning
Mint tea

Lunch
McCain Jacket 1 syn
Laughing Cow cheese from Hex A

Mid Afternoon
2 Ryvita from Hex B
Mint tea

Evening
1 Ryvita from Hex B
Laughing Cow from Hex A
Coffee 0.5 syns for milk

Late dinner tonight, had to go shopping!
SW curry, with chicken and noodles
Mullerlight

Ginger tea

Seems like I was eating all day!

Tuesday 7th Jan

Breakfast

Ryvita from Hex B
1 apple
coffee 1/2 syn for milk

Mid morning
2 satsumas
coffee 1/2 syn for milk

Lunch
Mugshot
satsuma
1 babybel from Hex A

Mid Afternoon

2 Ryvita from Hex B
babybel from Hex A
1 coffee 1/2 syn for milk

Dinner
Jacket potato 1 syn
baked beans

Then it all went arseways. My sister got engaged (YAY!!) so we had some bubbly and wine. Then I ate a bag of crisps before bed. Oh well, back on Dry January... I only lasted 7 days which is a bit pathetic :eek:

Last edited:
Have to say, for first time in ages I am feeling the fear! Wishing my day away til W/I so I can get a handle on the gains I am sure I have.

Have my W/I clothes freshly washed and in hotpress, ready to go after work.

Thinking I might start doing some Red and Green days, I usually stick to EE. I do the odd Green day, by accident really when I've not had any meat. Wonder if doing Red, and restricting carbs, would increase my losses? Do you all do EE?

Hi CD!!

Feel the fear and do it anyway, eh?!
I took my WI clothes out the draw and bunged them on as running late (again), theres a crusty something or other on the knee and the tops all screwed up. I look well professional! Lol.

I think I did green this week.
Well I did exactly the same as EE and upped my HeB. So I probs haven't done it properly.
People say that mixing it up with red and green makes for speedier losses- but it also looks very complicated to me! :confused:

There's probably a very useful thread somewhere...

Yeah probably, guess I should look for it? Maybe later.

Just realised I've no idea where I chucked my book and card, will have to search!

How was WI?

I often wonder that if I tried red days to cut down on the carbs I might see better losses... Kinda hard when i'm veggie though!

I had a maintain. That's 2 weeks STS after my 4lb gain just before Christmas.

Happy with that, as now I know where I stand! I need to update my stats on the first post of this Diary.

I really have to be more diligent with my diary though, I've been a wee bit relaxed over the last week- there were 5 days of inlaws dinners in that week though, so not too bad. I think I'll do EE today as I need to read up on Red/Green to get my head around it properly, and need to do more shopping.

Back