My fishy week!

Thanks for the cheaper fish suggestions - I think I may not have been shopping around enough! x

Well thats the beauty of minimins we are all here to help each other in everyway including bargain fishies :)

I'm resisting the urge to weigh myself mid week, but dying to know whether it's helped. Must stay strong, must stay strong! Just polished off some pilchards in tomato sauce on toast:)

I'm resisting the urge to weigh myself mid week, but dying to know whether it's helped. Must stay strong, must stay strong! Just polished off some pilchards in tomato sauce on toast:)

Your far better than me I cant resist checking daily, its kind of become a habit I guess!!

I have started a fishy week, but it wont be a "full" week probably just 5 days out of 7 but its a start I suppose!!

Its given me an opportunity to try different types of fish. Making a fish pie tonight, had tuna steak last night and will definately try that Asda Sea Bass as well :p

Well done everyone on your fishy weeks so far, this is such a positive thread i really hope you all get the losses that you are hoping for!!

ASDA have packs of cooked mussells (just the flesh) for £1 - they are ABSOLUTLEY delicious!! I sat and munched an entire pack!! They are so much nicer than other stores aswell and not even on offer!!

I cooked some taglatelle and then fried the mussells with some cooked prawns in garlic and frylight for 2 mins then mixed them together with the taglatelle and some quark - oooooo it was yummy!!

xxx

Well done everyone on your fishy weeks so far, this is such a positive thread i really hope you all get the losses that you are hoping for!!

ASDA have packs of cooked mussells (just the flesh) for £1 - they are ABSOLUTLEY delicious!! I sat and munched an entire pack!! They are so much nicer than other stores aswell and not even on offer!!

I cooked some taglatelle and then fried the mussells with some cooked prawns in garlic and frylight for 2 mins then mixed them together with the taglatelle and some quark - oooooo it was yummy!!

xxx

Pesty.. I've got to try that next week on my fish week, sounds yummy :) x

I have to go to an awards cermony, this afternoon, at 12.30 right on lunch time

I did bring a prawn curry with rice (doing fishy week) and fruit to have before i went cos there is only light refreshements being served, ie white bread sandwiches and nibbles ect... you know what i mean.

Well is 11.30 now and there is no way i can have my prawn curry - would it make a huge difference if i have lots of fruit now and have my curry tonight for dinner... HELP !!!!

I've just been to sainsbury's and got a bit carried away buying the fish..lol I bought sea bass, prawns, scallops, cod, cockles, scottish loch trout, and polluck... Plus I still have haddock, tuna, pilchards, sardines and sild at home!! I think I'll be doing 2 fish weeks!! :p

i had to resist buying the entire fish counter too! ive had a sneaky peek at the scales and they are showing a rather big loss just since tuesday (3.75lbs) so I am very pleased with fishy week thus far!

Didnt realise how much I love fish but I do!!!

I have resisted getting on the scales as I am usually disappointed, so I am waiting until Wednesday weigh in.... hhhmmmm wonder if that will last NAUGHTY SCALES! :p

Does anybody out there know if ray wings & pouter (fish) are free foods? We have just seen some reduced at the local supermarket & taken a chance buying it as it was so cheap. I can find no mention of either of them in the slimming world directories or online.

Heh, I was going to wait till next week to start fish week but I cant resist! Just been to Asda, have smoked haddock, cobbler (whatever that is), prawns, cod and tuna. Had tuna for lunch today, so I have a bit of a headstart, was going to have a red day today and stuff my face with cereal bars but am seriously tempted to do fish and chips. I have had my hex, suppose I could always syn a fibre plus later. Hmm, what could I do that was carb-free, prawn salad maybe? Hmm...

ok so another day just about finished had

baked pot sw coleslaw and tuna
smoked haddock green beans carrots corn cob and sw herby pot

and still got hexa and b for supper :) some fruit :)

Heres my first day of FISH

Breakfast - Chilli, lime and ginger Mackerl with 2WW wholemeal Bread (Hex) B (flora light) 1syn

Lunch - Loads of Fruit (please see "so proud of ones self")thread for explanation

Dinner - Home Made Curry with prawn and rice - with fruit and yogurt

Fruit and yogurts for snacks..........

Last edited:
I love to cover plain white fish (I generally use cobbler or talapia as it's less flaky than some other white fish) with salt, paprika (hot paprika or chilli if the kids aren't eating it) & garlic powder. simply fry in a non stick frying pan using a couple of sprays of fry light in the pan and a couple on the fish. mmm...

THIS, is what I just had for tea. You have no idea how much food bravery I am going to be doing this week, my usual fish experiences run only to tuna and prawns and cod. It was smoked cobbler, coz they were 2 for a £5 in Asda, but that added flavour if anything. Its really tasty!!!!

And we still have another packet left, so I can have it again! :D

Back