My less stress more success Juddd diary

Hi Frona,
Yes had a good day. another dd under my belt.shud sleep well tonight after all activities i did today. More of the same tomor.

Hi everyone,
Its a gorgeous 27degrees here in Sydney today and its an UD. What more could you ask for?

Yesterday's DD went to plan as i knew it would. It's funny before i started I never would have thought that it was the UD's that require a bit more will power, but im def not stressing about food as much which is a great feeling in itself. Being busy meant the day flew by which is always a bonus.

Yesterday's 12 mile cycle was great, i cycled to iron cove bay where i used to run round on sundays with a small group if irish girls, cyled round the baya nd cycled back home. I did it purely to time how long it took.

So this morning i cycled the same route but met the girls and cycled along side them as they ran and then we had our usual post run coffee(post cycle in my case). And then i cycled home. It was great to see the girls again as ive been out of action for more than 6weeks so was great to cath up. I'll do the same for the next week or too until i can run again.
So on top of that i'll also do 20mins of kettlebells, plus, very excited about this next bit.....boyfriend and I are going kayaking this afternoon for an hour or two. Never done this before so am thrilled that my boyfriend is willing to do it considering he cant swim!! Honestly, I've done more outdoor activities since we came to australia than in my whole life back home. The weather plays a huge part of it i suppose.

Not fully sure of today's menu. So far I have had an apple and an omelette with one egg, 2 whites, filled with red capsicum, spinach, tomatoe, wafer thin chicken and a sprinkling of cheese.

I have planned tonight to have a sliver of apple tart with a portion of weight watchers ice-cream. I like to buy this icecream if I ever fancy having ice-cream as it is already divided up into portions. Otherwise I have been known to be very heavyhanded with the ice-cream scoop!!!

Right that's all my news for now. Catch you all later. x

Hi everyone,
i had a great day yesterday, what with catching up with friends, eating yummy food, kayaking in the blistering heat with my boyfriend at Rose Bay, it was a great day. And you know what because I feel in control and feel that i am gradually getting smaller, I am in a better mood. It's all positive today lol.

So today is Monday and schools are back on Wednesday. I do relief teaching so i can get a call in the morning from a few local schools asking me to fill in for the day etc. This will be term two which should be busier than last term. Hopefully anyhow, as trying to save the pennies! I am booked in for a small school on Wednesday. I havn't worked there before so fingers crossed it's the start of a regular occurence. Would be great to get a second day of work this week but not holding out much hope with it being the first week back and all.

Kayaking was great fun yesterday, it quite tiring thoug, I knew my arms would ache a bit but wasnt prepared for the pain in my hips, very strange. But i loved it. My boyfriend really enjoyed it, he said he'd prefer it over a bike ride anyday. Thing is bike rides don't cost anything!

So I think my UD went okay yesterday. Didn't have the apple tart and ice-cream after all as had quorn sausage rolls with lunch and didn't want to go overboard on the pastry front. So i have the tart divided up into the recommended servings of 125g, and they are in the freezer for when the mood takes my fancy.

Yesterday's menu looked like this:
Apple
Omelette(made as per usual)
Tuna salad sandwich made with rye bread and scraping of butter/margarine
2small quorn sausage rolls with squirt of tommy sauce (these were really good, i got my sausage roll hit without spending too many calories)
2mini treat size mars bars
lasagne and salad
3caramel rice cakes with banana on top
curly wurly
low fat yougurt and an apple (Yes i love to snack)

Exercise today wont be anything too strenous
I shall do 20mins kettlebells,
I have a swimming stroke improver lesson tonight (45minutes) Looking forward to this, havnt had lessons since i was in primary school, and whilst i can swim to get me out of danger in an emergency etc, I'm not a strong swimmer(need a rest after one lap), nor do i have good technique. Plus all the beaches, outdoor and indoor pools round here seem to be full of great swimmers and I find it a bit embarasssing so time to do something about it. The first lesson is also free and I have been told that there are never more than seven people in each lesson so I'm pretty happy about that. It's on tonight so I'll aim to have my egg white omelette 1/ 1.5hours before hand and my salmon with salad after it.

I'm also going to do a three mile walk, purely to pass the time and keep me busy whilst fasting.

Have a great day everyone. x

Just rang the pool to confirm times and they said lessons are on tuesdays and thursdays, not monday. pity but one more day waiting wont make much of a difference. may wash my hair now -was putting it off til after swimming.

Morning all,
Another good DD done and dusted.

Healthy UD with a few treats is the plan today, will keep you posted.
Exercise will be 20min interval cycling and my swimming lesson.

Last edited:
Yesterdays UD went well.
Food wise I had:
An apple
Tuna salad sandwich on rye bread
3caramelflavoured rice cakes with banana on top
kangaroo sausages with mashed carrots and home-made chips made in actifry with bit of spray oil
Sandwich thin with scraping of butter to make a chip butty
125g apple tart with ww ice-cream(heaven)
curly wurly
coffeee with skimmed milk throughout day

Today is a DD
exercise will be 20mins kettlebells, 20mins interval cycling.
food today shall be an egg white omelette at 5.30pm
Salmon and salad at 8pm and some coffee with skimmed milk

UD looks tasty. Hope you had a nice DD today.

Hi Laura,
Today was good. Will tuck into my dinner shortly. Was back at work today after holidays, so didn't have time to think about food. was harder exercising after work tho, as was so tired. Love getting it done early.

When is your WI, are you on target for a loss. Fingers crossed for us both. x

I find DD easier when at work just coz I'm not as bored. But agree with the fact excersizing is a pain when ya work!

Weigh in is on Friday morning. It will be about 9 days I think since I started. Hope I've lost 2lb. We shall soon see :)

Hi all,
Yesterday's DD went well.
I've found that JUDDD has really helped me listen to my body for hunger signals etc so i dont eat breakfast on an UD until im hungry or not at all as happens sometimes. I thin k it was always drilled into me to eat breakfast before but I need to listen to my body and not the media.
today I got a late call for work at 8.50 so i wouldnt have had time to eat breakfast anyhow, just a well. I managed to cut up a bit of salad and have with half a small can of tuna(leftovers from Tuesday) and I cycled the short distance to the school rather than take the bus.

Just now i've had a small 260g portion of shepherds pie(boyfriends leftovers lol). This takes me up to 330kcal if that so will have a yummy night of food later.

Dinner will be turkey bhuna with bns wedges and salad and im going to weigh and measure it and have half for tomorrows DD. Turkey breast steaks are so low in fat and calories but lovely all the same.

A curly wurly will feature in there as will some rice cakes with banana, there has been a kitkat chunky that ive been meaning to have for last few days also. Hlow crazy does that sound? I'd usually eat it right away. In 4weeks its amazing how your mindset can change.

Thats about 1400 kcal in total so a choc biscuit or two might fall into my mouth!!!

So i'm just heading out for a 3mile walk(possibly shorter if it rains, sky not looking great at the mo)
Will do kettlebells before dinner too.

One more DD after todays Ud and its weigh in - eeeek.

Hi everyone,
Today's DD is almost over.
I had an egg white omelette at 5.30pm and for dinner at 8 i had grilled chicken breast, salad and 150g of bns wedges. very annoyed tonight as the paddle in my actifry snapped -grrrr. luckily replacements from england are not dear.

exercise today was a 10mile cycle -i cycled to work and back.

WI in the morning. :)

Drumroll ladies! WI after 8 days showed a massive 5lb loss!!! I couldn't believe it, I moved the scales and got it another 5 or 6times and it consistently gave the same reading. I was hoping and expecting a 2lb loss as had a sneaky look at scales after 3days and they showed a 2lb loss so was hoping it would last....Now I'm being sensible about this, if I happen next week to sts or be up by half a pound, this will be still fine as it would still be 4.5lbs in two weeks. But I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens. Plus next week it will be after 6days. Very happy with result so I also checked my measurements. I took them a few weeks before I started juddd on the 13th March: they showed I have gone down 2.5inches on my stomach, and down 2.75 inches on my hips. My thighs and arms are the same,. my arms are more toned than before tho.......ok this computer wont let me go on to a new line, strange but I'll carry on..........So its an UD today, we are having takeout tonight so I don't want to eat too much during the day as that will be high in kcals. I shall probably have an omelette for brekkie, tuna salad for lunch, and soup. I will also be having two bars of Irish cadbury chocolate at night as well as we managed to get our hands on some Irish cadburys chocolate(the Australian cadburys is like cooking chocolate so never eat it. Funnily enough the curlywurlys are imported from Norway or somewhere like that so I like those. Exercise shall be a 3mile walk, 20mins kettle bells and will try 20mins interval cycling but legs may be heavy after cycling yesterday so will see how I go.

Woohoo well done!! That's brilliant :) must be the excersize that your doing too :)
You have inspired me to do some next week !!

Keep it up and enjoy your takeaway! You deserve it!

(Ps I agree about the chocolate. It's been so long since I tasted the English stuff I forgot what it tastes like! Bet I couldn't put away 2 bars in the UK. Wayyy too sickly!)

Thanks chicken, Yes u think it mite be the change un exercise routine.never used to walk or cycle but wud jog 4times a week. tink i'll continue with this for a while.

Sigh .. I miss NZ chocolates ;)

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Hi girls,
Yesterday’s UD was filled with yummy food. I managedthe interval cycling a well so that’s a bonus. When I went for my walk I decided I’d run a bit, walk a bit as hadn’t felt pain in a fewdays. Well today leg is playing up fierce. Think I need to knock on the headany notions of running for the foreseeable.
This is what I ate:
Omelette with one egg, two whites, filled with tomato,red capsicum, wafer thin chicken, spinach and sprinkling of low fat cheese.
Small bowl of home-made soup
Take-away of one battered sausage and a country burgerfilled with tomato, beetroot, lettuce, mayonnaise and beef burger.
I didn’t order chips with it, instead I put some frozenlow-fat wedges in the oven and had them with it(didn’t feel too guilty then)
3caramel flavoured rice-cakes with banana on top
Dairy milk bar and a chocolate Kimberly
Not too bad for a Saturdays UD, everything inmoderation and all that.

So today is obviously a DD. Food tonight will be anegg white omelette at 5pm /5.30 and turkey bhuna with salad(with 200g of turkey, Ihave this all weighed out exactly).

Exercise for today will be 20mins kettlebells, 12milecycle. Might possibly play a game of tennis with my boyfriend if he and my legare up for it.

Hope everyone has a great long weekend, its not a bankholiday over here.

Fantastic result on WI. Well done.

Hi all,
Gosh Monday comes round so quick doesn’t it?
So yesterday’s DD went to plan, did my long 12milecycle in lovely sunshine but didn’t do kettle bells in the end as was tootired. Initially the plan for today then was just to do kettlebells as havedone lot of cardio last few days but looks like I’ll be cycling 10miles as wellas got a text last-night to go to the school which is 5miles away. Don’t mindthough one bit, just a pain bringing a change of clothes.

So today is an UD, always nice having an UD on a Mondayas don’t really like Mondays, and sugar helps soften the blow!
Todays food plan is (subject to change!!)
Apple(at mid-day, if hungry)
2.00pm Tuna salad(tomato, red capsicum, green leaves,grated carrot.small tin of tuna)
4.00pm home-made soup, 3thin rice cakes with half a lightlaughing cow, one egg white, and a sprinkling of cheese
Side note( I bought for the first time a jar of lowcal, low fat (42kcal per 100g of mile salsa. I had intended on having it as adip with red capsicum/carrots/cucumber sticks as part of lunch but changed mymind as I’m working but I’m just thin king would thin rice cakes be nice dippedin salsa as opposed to pringles lol?? Any thoughts?)

So may perhaps have rice cakes with salsa rather than laughingcow etc
Dinner: crumbed fish with veg and 6/8 wedges
Caramel flavoured rice cakes with banana on top, 1 chocolateKimberly, twirl and maybe a curly wurly

That is a lot of snacks etc. but that's how I roll! I alsofind I that I cant have sugar/chocolate/biscuits etc. in day-time as then I’llwant more of it and that’s when the binging starts so I have to factor it in for the night-time tokeep me satisfied. Didn't have any wedges with dinner in the end, as when I got in from work as had a toasted sandwich thin before dinner with 2slices of wafer thin chicken, and sprinkling of cheese and toasted it . At nd of night also ate an extra chocolate Kimberly and a digestive - my excuse, it was a Monday. Still I don't think it was a bad UD really.

Last edited:
I cant seem to find the post about your weigh in? What did you lost this week hun? Your doing well and keeping your UDs pretty healthy - i need to start taking a leaf outta your book.

Ha Laura, your ahead of yourself. The girls are referring to Saturdays weigh in with the 5pound loss which you commented on lol.

Back