My Personal Weight Loss Journey

Hey, Don't worry yourself too much about maintenance. A lot of people who come back never moved up the steps. They went SS all the way, got to goal or near to goal, and then thought that because they were slim they now couldn't put on any weight when eating cr*p. Just make sure you follow steps and you'll be fine. You'll always need to watch what you eat and exercise but that's a given to anyone who hasn't got a fast metabolism. I lost over 3 and a half stone and I have maintained it in the last 5 months. I'm only back as I want to get down to 10 and i'm impatient to really wait. Not because I piled the weight back on. So keep focused and keep going! V x

I couldn't agree more ? I got to goal by SS 12 weeks on then a week off with planned breaks I still lost 6st in 6 months but foolishly didn't see it through and fell off the wagon once I was at goal, they key is sticking to the steps or sticking to another proven plan.

FlicG, I've read your full diary and your doing great :)

Your losses are fab and your very much in control, great will power to eat then to get straight back on track so a massive pat on the back for that.
I'm one of the naughty returners who didn't stick to the steps but I agree with what you said about black & white vs grey areas. I also find it harder with limiting food so 3 shakes per day is a no brainer for me.
The plan as you know does work its just a case of mind over matter !

Keep up the good work x

Thanks Angel for popping by. This morning I have another long, rambling post about something.

Motivation Weight
So, there I was, looking back on my log I kept when I was doing Dukan - I mostly wanted to find my lowest weight. I then was looking through my Slimming World book to see what I had got to with that. Dukan lowest was 12st 4lb, SW lowest was 14st (already smashed that!) What I found more interesting than these lowest was my start weight.

Each and every time, that start weight seemed to be the same: 15st 7lb. What did I start this journey on? You've guessed it! 15st 7lb.
So, what is it about this weight? Coincidence, i think not! My feeling is that it is my "motivation weight" - the weight at which I feel so utterly repulsed and hopeless that I decide to do something about it. Well, NOT ANY MORE!

I need to have a new motivation weight moving forward. Firstly, it needs to be much MUCH lower and secondly, I need to keep on top of it. Once that target hits, it's not time to celebrate with a pork pie and packet of crisps, it's time to knuckle down and keep and eye out. Weekly weighs for life for me.

I think I mentioned earlier that CDC and I decided on an interim target of 11st 7lb - that's a 4 stone loss (and will be the lowest i've been since I can remember.) Once I get to that point, we will see what I feel like, with the view of my overall target being 11st. Guess what then becomes my Motivation weight? You've got it - 11st 7lb! (4st lower than that other one!)

7lb leighway is a lot, so that it my upper limit. My target weight will be up to 11st 3lb I think. I believe this will work - allowing for water weight and the occasional treat, but knowing that I will have work to do to get back to target if I reach that upper limit. I wish my scales had an alarm bell that would sound if I went over/reached the motivation weight. Like a big loud klaxon and a message "put down the cake, this is your motivation talking - get back to where you need to be PRONTO!" haha.

Anyway, as I said - long rambling post! Do you guys have a "motivation weight?"

xx

Just made OH the nicest looking carbonara for his dinner! I would have absolutely demolished it a couple of weeks ago! Instead, I made it, put it together in a nice bowl and presented it lovingly... Oriental Chilli soup for me!

xx

Just made OH the nicest looking carbonara for his dinner! I would have absolutely demolished it a couple of weeks ago! Instead, I made it, put it together in a nice bowl and presented it lovingly... Oriental Chilli soup for me! xx

Some people find it quit therapeutic to cook for others but it does take will power x x

Morning all!

Does anyone else have this desire to cook wonderful gourmet meals? last night I was looking through the free magazine from the supermarket and thinking - yes, I can make that chicken and aubergine pilaf - despite never attempting something like that before! I am also planning to make some bread at the weekend, which again, i've only attempted a couple of times.... The disappointment does come when you can't taste the lovely food, but farming it out to people and hearing their compliments. I started writing down SS+/Step 2 meal ideas last night that I can attempt, until I remembered I have another 2 months before I get to that point! Talk about planning ahead! I think i'm just excited about what Step 2 holds, and getting there too.

xx

Morning all! Does anyone else have this desire to cook wonderful gourmet meals? last night I was looking through the free magazine from the supermarket and thinking - yes, I can make that chicken and aubergine pilaf - despite never attempting something like that before! I am also planning to make some bread at the weekend, which again, i've only attempted a couple of times.... The disappointment does come when you can't taste the lovely food, but farming it out to people and hearing their compliments. I started writing down SS+/Step 2 meal ideas last night that I can attempt, until I remembered I have another 2 months before I get to that point! Talk about planning ahead! I think i'm just excited about what Step 2 holds, and getting there too. xx

Lots of people find cooking a buzz and from my point if view it's because it tests us and we feel good that we've not caved in, that how I always feel, yesterday I cooked for chilli in the slow cooker for hubby so the smell was there all day, bubbling away each time I went into the kitchen for more water but it kind of empowers me to look at it and in my mind tell it I won't give in ?
I suspect it's the same for others.

Moving up the steps is exciting and daunting at the same time. Your doing the right thing to plan ahead as with most plans I find it all psychological so if it's right in your head it will work ( or that's how I find it )
The next 2 months will fly by and you will be moving up before you know it x x

Angel - that's so true. It's also looking at it as a positive for future plans. I can resist lovely meals at the moment, so there's nothing to say I can't resist it once i'm into maintenance. I think this masterchef phase will probably end as I begin to start eating again and I can't bear looking at the temptation, but who knows!

Glad you have a motivation weight to Viita and it's not just me!

xx

Also, forgot to say - lat night, my oriental chilli soup had a larger than usual bit of red pepper in it. ABSOLUTE HEAVEN! I chewed it for a good bit longer than usual. Missing the flavours of different foods, not enough to be cheating mind you! I've gone off the veg soup which leaves me with three: chilli, chicken and mushroom and mushroom - Leek and potato was horrible both times! I wish there were more savoury options available to us... :-(

Fruits of the forest shake for lunch which again, not a huge fan of...saving my choc and choc orange for tomorrow/friday treats! :)

xx

xx

Hey!

how funny i just posted about my motivation weight in my diary, or as i think i called it my 'oh crap really need to do something' weight!

you are doing so well!

its weird when im on CD i love to watching cooking programs, or anything about food! and i often have dreams im eating and then wake up and feel so thankful it was just a dream!

have you thought about what your gonna do for xmas this year regarding food? xx

Morning Rach,

I actually posted in here: http://www.minimins.com/cd-off-topic/328869-christmas-day-dinner.html about Christmas plans. My CDC thinks I might be onto step 3 by then anyway...or I can have an off plan meal - we've only just started to discuss it, seeing as it's three months away! (I always like to be prepared!)

So, last night was interesting. OH said we were going out for tea with his brother and dad - his mum was working late and they couldn't be bothered to cook! So, guess what happened? I sat there with a glass of sparkling water!! They ate lovely food, but I sat and resisted. I've got meals scheduled for next week, so didn't need one or want to break my current streak. It was a bit odd, but fine! We got home and I had a hot choc-orange shake. 2 weeks ago, I loved these - now i've gone completely off them! Weird.

Anyway - today's another day. Last night, I wore out a pair of size 14 skinny jeans! :) They fitted great - though they are really stretchy ones so not truly representative of my size yet, it's a step in the right direction!

Hope you're all having a good Thursday.

xx

Hi all, I'm exactly the same i love cooking and as i'm currently looking for work i have a lot of time on my hands which means im cooking, cleaning and just trying to keep busy as i seem to have loads more energy. However i know its autumn now but boy i am freezing ALLLLL the time lol I used to be the one walking around the house in t-shirts around this time never really felt the cold but im already in hoodies. Tomorrow will be 3 consistent weeks which is great as i started did two weeks then stopped for two weeks and now back on it lol my first hurdle is to get to a month. Tomorrow is also my weigh in day and I am looking forward to it but also slightly anxious at the same time :) Also i haven't heard many ppl mention the bars so was wondering if ppl are having them or not?

Progress so far
Started 4th August @ 17st 3lbs
week 1 18th August -Lost 10lbs
week 2 25th August -Lost 3lbs
week 3 and 4 I went off the diet :wave_cry:
I restarted with a new consultants and on 5th Sept i gained 5lbs
Week 1 (again) - Lost 9lbs
Week 2 - Lost 4lbs
Total weigh loss 21lbs and feeling great :D

Hope everyone is doing well?

thinking about it, this year might be eaiser for me. 2012 xmas i had just finished Cambridge and was free to eat! but i didnt enjoy it, i was so worried about gaining, so maybe it will be better to have a bit of structure over the festive period.

We are gonna be so smug when january 1st rolls around and everyone is making the "i want to lose weight" resolutions! my one this will be "i dont want to change my weight at all this year!"

Morning all,

Feel rubbish today - tummy is churning and (excuse the TMI) I keep needing the loo, but nothing's happening...

Last night I made curry and chapatis - not made them before, so that was interesting! I got the hang of it just about by the last one... I was sooo tempted by it last night - felt really hungry and it smelled soooo good. You'll be pleased to know I just had a shake - strawberry - blended with lots of ice. :)

Friday today which means one more day and then weigh in...eek!

xx

Morning all,

Feel rubbish today - tummy is churning and (excuse the TMI) I keep needing the loo, but nothing's happening...

Last night I made curry and chapatis - not made them before, so that was interesting! I got the hang of it just about by the last one... I was sooo tempted by it last night - felt really hungry and it smelled soooo good. You'll be pleased to know I just had a shake - strawberry - blended with lots of ice. :)

Friday today which means one more day and then weigh in...eek!

xx

Hope you feel better soon. I'm yet to experience the WC issues but I'm sure others may have advice.

Well done on the cooking & will power its a great feeling to be able to cook and hand it all away :)

Weigh in is so close for you, it's all exciting stuff x x x x

So, got sent home from work and have spent most of the day asleep. OH had told me I should have something to eat later as he is insistent I feel I'll because of the diet. Luckily I have stuff that I can make an SS+ recipe of necessary, but I'm not sure that I want to...I barely feel hungry at all...

anyway, hope you're all ok and I'll update the WI tomorrow!

xx

So, got sent home from work and have spent most of the day asleep. OH had told me I should have something to eat later as he is insistent I feel I'll because of the diet. Luckily I have stuff that I can make an SS+ recipe of necessary, but I'm not sure that I want to...I barely feel hungry at all...

anyway, hope you're all ok and I'll update the WI tomorrow!

xx

Nothing worse than being poorly but good thing is your not hungry, I understand you OH wanting you to eat bless him lots of people don't realise this is a far healthier plan than lots of others. If you feel the desire a SS + certainly won't do you any harm at all,

Keep us posted a& hope your on the mend soon x

Hi lovely ones! Thanks for your comments - feeling much better today. I had a sort of SS+ meal last night - 75g spinach and 1 poached egg. It was lovely! I felt super full afterwards, but nice to have something and kept OH happy! Lol.

So, went for my morning weigh in - another 4lb off! :) so, lost 2st officially now - over 2st actually, by a couple of lbs! Feeling great about current losses and knowing I'm almost halfway to target is really fab!

Hope you're all having a great weekend and making good choices! :)

xx

Back