My Personal Weight Loss Journey

Wow well done!! I hope my losses are as good as yours!

I love how determined you are, reminds me of me the first time I did this (I'm just as determined this time but it's a bit bitter sweet because if I was sensible the last time and kept my determination longer then just weightloss then I wouldn't need to be doing this again!) x x

Hi lovely ones! Thanks for your comments - feeling much better today. I had a sort of SS+ meal last night - 75g spinach and 1 poached egg. It was lovely! I felt super full afterwards, but nice to have something and kept OH happy! Lol. So, went for my morning weigh in - another 4lb off! :) so, lost 2st officially now - over 2st actually, by a couple of lbs! Feeling great about current losses and knowing I'm almost halfway to target is really fab! Hope you're all having a great weekend and making good choices! :) xx
Great choice on what to eat, it's amazing how such food does fill us up and makes so happy. Your losses are fab and 4lb in a week at this stage is great, I agree with Rach and hope my losses are as good. Half way to goal already is amazing. Huge well done & here's to a fab weekend for all of us x x x

Aw, poor Rach on your night shifts! :-( Hope they went ok.

So, I've been sortof SS+ ing this weekend. Feeling much better today too. Had spinach and poached eggs for Fri, Sat and Sun dinners...back to SS now then tomorrow night i'm away with work - haven't decided if i'll have an evening meal or not...if I do, it'll be chicken and salad or something similar, then Friday I have a work meal - going to an indian. I've pre ordered mixed grill with salad so that will be fine, though i'm fully expecting not to see a loss on the scales next week...

Hope you've all got a good week ahead planned!

xx

Thanks Viita! I hope i'll still log losses. Not worried about the meals this week, as been there, done that, just worried that Friday night is the indian meal and Sat morning is my weigh in...hope it's not too terrible. Last time I had a Sat WI after a Friday meal, I dropped 6lb - don't think i'll be so lucky this time!

xx

Thanks hun, last one tonight! Yaaayy! Can't wait to sleep tonight!

Dont worry about your meal out- make good choices and enjoy it, then get straight back on it! And you'll be fine :) think even if you had a 1000 calorie dinner, with the packs your probably only totally 1500 and you'd still lose weight if you ate that everyday! So don't panic :)

x x

Thanks Rach. Packed my bag last night including sachets, shaker and whisk! Lol.

Don't know what the plan is for later, but I know I will make good choices...

Last night, OH had to work late - he is a farmer so it involved getting the fields ready for today's drilling. He requested sausage and chips and I dutifully collected them, and then sat on the tractor holding them so that he could eat them. Do you know what? I didn't touch them. I mean, part of me was tempted, but I knew it wouldn't be worth it! So, I just sat and held them until he was finished! :)

xx

Well done for resisting! I always think chip shop chips smell amazing but then after about 5 chips they are just greasy and samey. I actually find with a lot of the stuff I crave, it's always a million times better in my head then what it really tastes like, a sign of emotional eating I guess x

Hi Flic and everyone
You sound like you are doing fab,sound all very positive!

I have created a diary thread of my own instead of gatecrashing everyone else's,please everyone feel free to come visit and chat! It called :[h=2]12 weeks to Christmas,the challenge is on![/h]

Last edited:
Hi All,

Well, I SURVIVED! Got back late-ish last night. Funny story - I had made meatballs and homemade pepper and tomato pasta sauce for OH, but not pre-cooked the meatballs before putting them in the sauce as I find they have better flavour if you cook them in the sauce, and they don't dry out. I was two minutes from home when he called to ask if the meatballs were raw because he'd put it on the hob to warm up and had just mixed it with the spaghetti when he realised...luckily, I saved the day, by cooking it on the hob mixed together for a little longer then putting the meatballs to the top and grilling with mozarella and parmesan on the top, creating a lovely crispy top! Smelled so delicious and after my long journey, I would have liked nothing better...instead - chocolate shake for me! Really nice though since I have a bit of a sore throat and am all blocked up...bloody cold going around now. :(

So, I did have an evening meal, at a generic Premier Inn restaurant - nothing suitable on the menu, so I asked if they could do me just a grilled chicken breast and green salad with no dressing. What came out was a grilled chicken breast and tiny side salad with tomato, onion and bloody dressing! Grr... luckily, the majority of the dressing was on the onion and tomato which I picked out. I wouldn't say it filled me up, but I ate it, left the bits I didn't want, and wasn't tempted when my colleague offered me his onion rings. I also cancelled my breakfast for yesterday and I was back to just shakes. I usually love a premier inn breakfast as I can have some crumpets/criossants and some fruit/yoghurt first, then eggs and bacon and toast, maybe with some beans...I sat and watched, sipping at fruit tea - such a good girl!

I've had such a busy morning today that i've not had anything yet! Going to grab something shortly as starting to feel a bit peaky. I do find that these hunger spells come in waves, and a lot of the time, can be sorted by having a drink...interesting...

Hope you've all been good - just about to do the rounds and check!

xx

weyhey well done! ohhh hotel brekkies.... such a great excuse to eat EVERYTHING haha.

Yes your right it does come in waves, and you know what, being hungry...is ok! it doesnt kill us does it? its not the worst thing in the world?! but why does it feel like that when we are eating 'normally'?

I think a lot of 'hunger' is just cravings.

My daughter said to me the other night 'Mummy im not hungry for dinner, im hungry for sweeties' i just looked at her and said, if your hungry you'll eat your dinner! she gave me a look and ate her dinner haha, determined to teach her good habits!

Amazing willpower to resist a Premmier inn breakfast, its funny how we all have a little routine with such things, I have strong black coffee, then two slices of white toast and sausages and mushrooms :)

Good for you for getting straight on the packs for breakfast, although by their efforts at Dinner I'm not surprised you just jumped straight back on the wagon x x x

Angel, that's so true! haha. Feeling full of cold at the moment so last night I had a little SS+ meal of asparagus and poached eggs last night for dinner. This week I have now had 3 SS+ meals, plus a meal out, plus tonight is the indian with work...not thinking the scales will be overly kind to me this week!

So, exciting thing...I wanted to get some new trousers to wear out tonight. Went to Dorothy Perkins - i've got a pair of their high waisted ones at home which are really comfy, so I was looking for that style. They had them in black which was the colour I wanted, but no size 14s, only 12s...so - I hesitantly took them into the changing room and guess what? THEY FIT! Whoop! Now, they are high waisted with a bit of stretch, so not entirely representative (given I can only just fit into my size 16 old ones from H & M) but still, REALLY EXCITING!!

Drugged myself up with sudafed and looking forward to tonight - should be a good laugh. Looking forward to going out in smaller clothes and hopefully not feeling as awkward or overweight...

Always a boost when we can buy a size smaller than we expect :)
For what it's worth I find HM sizes tiny ! So I bet your 16's from there are small but such a boost about the Dotty P's 12's :)

Don't worry to much about the scales, there will always be functions and occasions we can't get out of, it's all part of life but you do great so I wouldn't worry x x

Sorry ladies , ive been AWOL , busy couple of weeks and trying to catch up on all your posts. its always good when i work at my main job at the week end , I can get time to sit and do nothing but go on to the internet lol

Flic , well done on your loses , they have been consistent and amazing. You have fantastic will power , mines went right out the window last week end , no joke , i wont even tell you what i ate but managed to pull it back before weigh in and had a stay the same lol phew !!!!

Sorry ladies , ive been AWOL , busy couple of weeks and trying to catch up on all your posts. its always good when i work at my main job at the week end , I can get time to sit and do nothing but go on to the internet lol

Flic , well done on your loses , they have been consistent and amazing. You have fantastic will power , mines went right out the window last week end , no joke , i wont even tell you what i ate but managed to pull it back before weigh in and had a stay the same lol phew !!!!

Well done to pull it back, a STS is far better than a gain. Here's to a new week and a new crack at the whip :)

Back