My progress from restarting through to Xmas

Sounds like you're really self-aware, knowing your bad habits and triggers is a great step towards maintaining :)
Do you read Mike Scott's blog? I think you'll find it really helpful and interesting (he's a member here, Icemoose, lost a lot of weight on a VLCD and is now a weightloss counsellor)

Thanks fatfighter I'll take a look at the blog. How are you doing?

Not such a good week for me. Got down to 14st 11.4lbs in 3 days then inexplicably because I'd only had about 700 calories on Sat I went up a whole pound on Sun am and another 0.4lbs on Mon am. Managed to drop slightly by WI this am and weighed in at 14st 12lbs exactly which is a 1.6lb loss for the week and worse than last week when it was TOTM. I usually have a good loss the week after TOTM too. Not looking good for my target of losing 4 stone before Xmas now. I'm struggling to reach 3 currently. Going to try to cut down on the veggies to see if that helps things along, and may take the drastic step of cutting out the bars for the next few days to see if that makes a difference. Might change my mind when it comes to 'bar time' tho as it's my little treat!

My weight has not moved since I introduced a a small amount of chicken and broccoli. So cutting them back out now.

You are doing really well chick :)

Are you still drinking plenty?
The bars used to make a difference to my losses on CD. I could have 2 a week without it affecting my losses so I saved those for after WI and a Saturday night so they were still "treats."
20lbs in 7 weeks is definitely do-able hun, just keep going! x

Maybe I need to drink more - I'll try to drink more in the evening I think as I do drink a lot during the day but less in the evening.

The bars are winking at me but today I'm going to stay strong and have another shake or a soup at lunchtime. Hope this helps things but it's quite a challenge as I LOVE my lunchtime bar!

I am going back to basics again too, okay not been on it as long but still lol, that's the opposite of what I do, I drink more water at night then during the day. Ack who knows we will be here forever trying to analyse it. Its prob just our bodies trying to battle against the diet and clinging onto as much as they can. It will give in eventually and we will get better losses soon, just draw a line under it and think of what you 'could' loose this week and also its more likely you will loose far more on this than a normal diet :)

I think my problem is going to be water full stop. I've always really struggled to drink anywhere near enough fluids.

I'm the same Cherry Blossom but you do soon get used to it. You can buy water flavourings and use Bovril if you're really struggling but after a couple of weeks it just becomes second nature x

I got some of the water flavourings as without it being flavoured I can barely drink 500ml a day. I don't suppose you know if we can put squash in water as usually I use robinsons no sugar stuff.

OK, so I had 3 naked packs today, a shake, a soup and spag bol. No bar, no veggies. Hope things start to pick up .....

Well done, how are you feeling now?

I have had a bar, shake and a meal and only water no veg. Feel okay so far :)

I'm feeling fine thanks but don't really tend to get hungry on this diet. I'm currently sipping more water :)

STS this am despite my 3 naked packs and lots of water yesterday. Guess things might take a few days to get going again.

So another bar free day. Had a shake, soup and cottage pie plus a bit of broccoli. Hoping the scales drop down a bit tomorrow - pretty please!

Office Christmas night out is 9th December. I said I'd break for Xmas on the night of our office do but it's ended up a whole week earlier than I was expecting. Not sure what I'll do now. Don't fancy getting back into ketosis for the sake of 1 night out but I think I'll decide nearer the time whether I go back onto the diet straightaway as I would like to break a bit nearer to Xmas really. Still, that's a month away and I'd like to be a stone lighter by then.

No such luck with the scales this morning :(. UP another 0.2lbs from yesterday and still 0.8lbs higher than I was 6 days ago :(. Have to admit I'm getting a tad peed off now. How can I be eating so little and not losing weight?

ive no idea , this is when we wish we werent daily weihers isnt it becasue it has the opposite effect to what we are looking for

ive just read your whole thread , i keep meaning to do one , its good to hear ther people thoughts as they go through ups and downs

/it does worry me when I hear people say they have added a bit of food in and the weight has stayed the same and I think , well what on earth is going to happen when i reach goal and start introducing food back in , am i gong to be stuck on this plan forever ???

it does worry me when I hear people say they have added a bit of food in and the weight has stayed the same and I think , well what on earth is going to happen when i reach goal and start introducing food back in , am i gong to be stuck on this plan forever ???

What about me then - I consume 500 calories a day and my weight is increasing! So do I need to eat even less to stay the same??? :eek:

No such luck with the scales this morning :(. UP another 0.2lbs from yesterday and still 0.8lbs higher than I was 6 days ago :(. Have to admit I'm getting a tad peed off now. How can I be eating so little and not losing weight?

I wouldn't worry if I were you. As long as you're following the diet and stcking to the plan you will lose the weight. Our bodies do odd things at times. Maybe you're retaining water or your body is readjusting itself for some reason. But you cannot gain weight on 500 calories a day. I know it doesn't help with motivation when you dont see those scales drop, but give it time and they'll start moving back in the right direction. :)

Well that is weird! I havent been doing this as long as you so dont have experience that far on. Do other people go through it? How many weeks all in u been doing this and how many breaks have u had? Here's hoping u get a loss soon to motivate you :)

Back