My re-start Diary.....

The counter straight ahead as you walk in has the sw stuff - its labelled and if you say they are more than happy to help! look slike u r doing really well - I fell off the wagon this week - been in a lot of pain and comfort eating - think I had half a loaf of wheaten this morning ooopsie :0)

Hi Debs

Looks like a great day. OMG I love eggy bread haven't had it for years lol.

How're you feeling about things this week? WI in a couple of days for you, you so deserve a good one :)

Thanks sweetie... I think I deserve a good one too.
Ohhhhh WEIGH IN you mean. ! ! ! ! lol
yes Monday night.... fingers crossed for me....
I was SO pissed off after last weeks, remember I said I was teetering on the edge of a food bender.... when I came home my OH decided he was getting an Indian, from my fave place, and I didnt even give in..... I stuck to my SW menu...but it was SOOOOO hard.:cry:
Anyway............ yes, eggy bread.... we LOVE it in this house, and SW is sooooo fantastic, I can have some (with Nimble of course)....

Oh nooooooo, why are you in pain sweetie.?
Hopefully you will start feeling better soon.?????
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Oh GOD wheaten bread is sooooo gorgeous... how do you syn it.? Do they get it in England or is it a Northern Irish thing.? Wheaten Bread with cheese............. oh GAWD. ! ! !

The counter straight ahead as you walk in has the sw stuff - its labelled and if you say they are more than happy to help! look slike u r doing really well - I fell off the wagon this week - been in a lot of pain and comfort eating - think I had half a loaf of wheaten this morning ooopsie :0)

What is wheaten bread Debby? I haven't heard of that before so maybe it is an Irish bread - sounds great with cheese though. X

Donnie, some people in England call it soda -
I don't syn it as if I have it its usually indicative of me going completely off the rails ;o(
Its so addictive and bad and lovely! I didn't even have proper butter and it was still lush lol

Debby, I am in pain cos I have a rather large fibroid (benign tumor) that needs to be removed - they keep putting the date back - grrrr! The medication doesn't seem to be working and I'm having loads of hot flushes/ not sleeping etc - so just having a rough couple of days - thanks for the hugs - getting better now!

Oh dear..... hope you feel better today sweetie. Its awful when you are waiting for an Op and they keep putting it back.....
Donnie... wheaten bread is SO delish... you can have it on its own with butter, and jam, and its lovely with a slice of cheese, and its to DIE for toasted with butter.... you have NO idea. ! ! !
I better stop talking about it now, cos now I want some..
wonder how we could syn it. :D

Oh dear..... hope you feel better today sweetie. Its awful when you are waiting for an Op and they keep putting it back.....
Donnie... wheaten bread is SO delish... you can have it on its own with butter, and jam, and its lovely with a slice of cheese, and its to DIE for toasted with butter.... you have NO idea. ! ! !
I better stop talking about it now, cos now I want some..
wonder how we could syn it. :D

I would love to try the wholemeal wheaten bread, I love fresh 'crusty' bread and that looks delicious......

If you can find out or work out the nutritional information for it, we can use the SW website syn calculator to work out the syns then you can have some. And it doesn't matter if it is LOADS of syns, you can plan around it and have it as an occassional on plan treat maybe?

I seem to be having an odd craving ... for a pork pie! Bit of a throw back to the old me really, but I have decided that once Christmas and all these nights out and social events are out the way if I still have an urge for one I'm gonna work out exactly how many syns they are and save up over a few days to have one :)

Its funny but I NEVER have cravings... ever....
not even when I was pregnant. My friends all think there is something wrong with me...lol... (well ok there is, but not THAT). :D
I have never eaten a pork pie in my life..... but they must be good, as they are so popular.

extra easy day today....

Breakfast:-
1 sachet (27g) Quaker Oats so simple original (5 syns)
250 ml semi skimmed milk(hea)
splenda
banana

Lunch:-
tinned potatoes fried in fry light
gammon steak grilled
mushrooms fried in fry light
2 x Nimble white(heb), 1 egg (made into eggy bread)

Dinner:-
roast chicken (no skin)
boiled potatoes
loads of veg(brocolli, cauliflower, sweetcorn, peas)
2 tbsp gravy(granules, no fat)(1 syn)
1 tsp Flora Extra Lite(1/2 syn)

Extras:-
banana, grapes, water, pepsi max,
2 scan bran(1 syn),
14g Philadelphia light (1 syn)
1 fudge (6 syns)

total syns= 14

Weigh in day today

Well its Monday and its weigh in day today... Im not holding out much hope to be honest, as from last night Im now on a * week yet again.... (every 3 weeks for me...mother nature really loves me).....
I feel bloated and just yukky....but I will go anyway.... dont really want to miss any weeks, for whatever reasons....
anyway...

Extra Easy day today....

breakfast:-
Quaker Oats sachet(heb)
semi skimmed milk(hea)
splenda
banana
grapes

Lunch:-
Batchelors fat free noodles
2 Asda meat free Lincolnshire sausages(2 syns)
mushrooms, sweetcorn, mangetout(to make 1/3rd)
Dinner:-
lean lamb steaks
sliced potatoes fried in fry light
pasta in sauce(1 syn)
garlic mushrooms(mushrooms, garlic in fry light), peas, babycorn(to make 1/3rd)

Extras:-
4 Ryvita(6 syns)
25g Philapdelphia Lite(2 syns)
banana, grapes, water, pepsi max

Total syns today= 11

Last edited:
looks good - I'm doing ee today too. I feel bloated and awful too! bring on wi tonight andf lets get it over and done with :0)

Hi Debs,

Don't worry about your star week, it may or may not interfere with your WI but your actual weight will continue to go down all the while you follow the plan, regardless of what the scales may say! You will start to feel fitter, healthier, get less puffed (I know it is the same as fitter but I am labouring the point haha) and your clothes will start to feel looser. Your star weeks are here to stay for quite a few years yet, don't let them detract you from how well you are doing and how proud you should be of yourself :)

As you know I am no expert on EE, but I have a couple of questions/points about your menu today;

> The Quaker Oats you have as a HEb, what is it? I had a look into oats at one point and thought they had to be eaten with something else to be a HEb. As you know, I could well be wrong haha, but better safe then sorry. And with all the info I have picked up from you and a few others on here, I am feeling like trying an EE day myself at some point!

> your lunch is fat free noodles (green syn free) and meat free sausages (2 syns) but where is your superfree food? I thought 1/3 of your plate had to be superfree, but you have none!

> same point with your dinner I guess - you have lean lamb steaks (red free), sliced potatoes (green free) and a pasta in sauce (1 syn). But no superfree? Should be 1/3 your plate.

Please don't take this post the wrong way, I only want to help you out, and I hope I am wrong but better that you check for sure.

Best of luck with your WI :)

Ohhh Dave you are right... post has been edited to show my 1/3's..... I forget to put the basics in sometimes because I eat so many of the bloody things... LOL...
Quaker Oats so simple are little sachets of oats and all you do is add your milk and stick it in the micro for 2 mins.
Its not listed in my food optimising book anywhere, so I just asked my consultant, who said you can have it as a HEB and she never mentioned having it with anything else.... so I dont. ! ! ! Please dont tell me thats wrong. :cry:

I've just checked the SW site for you and here are the Quaker related items you can have as a HEb:

27g sachet Quaker original oatso simple + 1 Ryvita wholegrain
27g sachet Quaker original oatso simple + 1 oat/can bran
28g Quaker exotic fruit muesli + 1 oat/scan bran
28g Quaker fruit and nut muesli + 1 Ryvita wholegrain CB
28g Quaker harvest fruit muesli + 1 oat/scan bran
28g Quaker oat crisp
28g Quaker oat crunch + 1 oat/scan bran
28g Quaker oats with real fruit porridge + 1 Ryvita crispbread
32g sachet Quaker original take heart + 1 oat/scan bran

PMSL I feel like that sometime :)

No need to be so drastic though. The "+" item can be had any time of day by the way, not necessarily with brekky.

If you choose to have something Quaker not on that list, just syn it and have an extra B elsewhere during the day.

Well Im not 'really' giving up...
Its just that this plan is supposed to be easy... no weighing, no measuring etc etc... so whilst I will go and sit tonight and listen to all these people's stories of how they were out for dinner 3 nights this week, had 2 bottles of wine here, pizzas there and losing 5 pounds in a week.... here I am eating fecking porridge, having NO alcohol, NO nights out and struggling with a pound loss and half a pound loss and finding out Im not doing it right, my consultant is giving me wrong advice, GOD I COULD JUST SCREAM SOMETIMES.....

Back