My re-start Diary.....

Looks good, but you'll have to make sure that in your lunch the spring onion / beetroot / cucumber takes 1/3 of your plate; And also with your dinner that the peas / carrots take 1/3 your plate.

I like the idea of EE but am sure that when I was dishing up I would just have a plate of chicken loooooooool

Have a good day :)

Extra Easy day today

Extra Easy today

Breakfast:-
42g weetabix crunchy bran(heb), 250ml milk(hea), banana
Lunch:-
2 Asda 50%less fat sausages (2 syns), 1 egg fried in Fry Light,beans, tinned potatoes fried in Fry Light
Dinner:-
roast chicken skin removed, boiled potatoes, cauliflower, sweetcorn, brocolli, 1 tbsp gravy (granules no fat-1 syn), 1 stuffing ball (2 syns)
Extras:-
mullerlights, banana, grapes, pepsi max, water, turkish delight (9.5 syns)

Monday - Extra Easy day

Extra Easy day today....

2 Quorn sausages (SF), mushrooms cooked in Fry Light (SF), 2 eggs poached (SF)

CousCous(1/2 of a syn), mixed with lean chicken breast, tomatoes(SF), cucumber(SF) beetroot(SF), spring onions(SF)

Cottage Pie (extra lean mince, passatta(SF), onion(SF)mushrooms(SF)peppers(SF), topped with potato slices, and 42g low fat cheddar(HEA)

banana, grapes, 2xAlpen Lite bars(HEB), pepsi max, water, fudge(6 syns)
Total syns today= 6.5

Last edited:
Good day Debby.

Good luck with your WI tonight. X

awe thank you guys.... fingers crossed for me... I never feel like I have lost, and I hate stepping on the scales.... why am I so nervous at that.?

Looks like a great day Debby, and I can't wait to hear how your weigh in goes, you deserve a good un :)

I lost 1/2 pound last night. Well, as you can see, I didnt get a good un.:cry:

Feel REALLY disheartened with that, and Im finding that today I am fighting the demons.... all that effort, planning and expense for half a pound.? And there were women there who admitted that they dont 'really follow the plan' and still have their alcohol etc and the weights dropping off them, yet I plan, am teetotal, spend a fortune on fresh food and get a dicky half a pound. I right on the edge of giving up today, I am teetering on that edge. lol but Im gonna try and fight the demon today as best I can...... so heres todays menu, altho maybe I should throw in some bottles of wine and a fish supper. ! ! ! :rolleyes:
Tuesday - Extra Easy

2 asda meat free lincolnshire sausages (2 syns), mushrooms, 2 Nimble (heb) made into eggy bread with 2 eggs.
left over cottage pie from last night (extra lean mince, onion, mushrooms,potatoes, passatta), 42g low fat cheddar on top (hea), cabbage, peas
chicken 'cake' SW recipe...(chicken, 2 asda 50% fat free sausages (2 syns), 1 babybel (3 syns), lean bacon, cabbage, carrots, peas. Ended up only eating half of this, so syns for dinner were...2.5)
Extras- grapes, mullerlights, pepsi max, water, 1 alpen lite bar (2 syns), snack a jacks (5.5 syns)
Total syns= 12

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your low loss, but try to take the positive out of it that it was a loss.

Don't compare you or your losses to anyone elses. They may have lost this week not following the plan and drinking alcohol off plan but in the long term their attitudes will lead to them putting on weight, blaming the diet, coming off it, and going back to putting on weight all the time again.

If you follow the plan it will work, it just seems that something isn't quite working for you right now.

But you have options. You might want to try an entire week on red, or green. Some people find that Extra Easy doesn't work for them, maybe try a week without it? If it doesn't help we can think of something else next week.

Losing any weight is NOT a fail, even staying the same or putting on a few lbs is NOT a fail. The only real fail is to give up all hope.

Debby I'm sorry you only lost ½lb - but at least it is a loss, but I know how disappointed you must be feeling.

But don't give up love, if you do 'teeter' today make it a little one and definately syn what you eat.

You may have been carrying some extra water last night, and so your body will adjust next week.

Chin up love, you have a lovely food day planned. X

Last edited:
red day

Red Day today
1 x 57g wholemeal roll(heb),
egg fried in Fry Light,
lean bacon,
mushrooms,
1 tsp Flora Extra Light (1/2 syn)
1/2 melon

2 Asda meat free burgers (1 syn),
1 57g wholemeal roll(heb),
onion,
2 slices Kerry Low Low cheese (hea),
salad,
1 tbsp hellmans light mayo(2 syns)
bunch of grapes

lean sirloin steak,
beansprouts,
28g peas(1 syn)
other 1/2 melon

water, pepsi max, Snack a Jacks (5.5 syns)

Total syns today = 10

I hope you don't mind but I've got to ask. I've noticed on a few of your diaries that you have beansprouts. Do you cook them when you have them with steak? If so how? I've only had them as part of a chinese meal and not sure what to do with them.

Tania

:)
I lost 1/2 pound last night. Well, as you can see, I didnt get a good un.:cry:
Feel REALLY disheartened with that, and Im finding that today I am fighting the demons.... all that effort, planning and expense for half a pound.? And there were women there who admitted that they dont 'really follow the plan' and still have their alcohol etc and the weights dropping off them, yet I plan, am teetotal, spend a fortune on fresh food and get a dicky half a pound. I right on the edge of giving up today, I am teetering on that edge.

Girl I hear ya! I am in the gym everyday - excep today! lol snd sometimes twice a day, run 3-5 miles 3 times a week and for the past three weeks I have lost 1/2 lb everyweek. This week I lost 3 1/2 - thats more than my frst week back on plan lol.

lol but Im gonna try and fight the demon today as best I can...... so heres todays menu, altho maybe I should throw in some bottles of wine and a fish supper. ! ! ! :rolleyes:
Tuesday - Extra Easy

2 asda meat free lincolnshire sausages (2 syns), mushrooms, 2 Nimble (heb) made into eggy bread with 2 eggs.
left over cottage pie from last night (extra lean mince, onion, mushrooms,potatoes, passatta), 42g low fat cheddar on top (hea), cabbage, peas
chicken 'cake' SW recipe...(chicken, 2 asda 50% fat free sausages (2 syns), 1 babybel (3 syns), lean bacon, cabbage, carrots, peas. Ended up only eating half of this, so syns for dinner were...2.5)
Extras- grapes, mullerlights, pepsi max, water, 1 alpen lite bar (2 syns) (3 syns:eek:), snack a jacks (5.5 syns)
Total syns= 12

Your menus look good. However some things that work for me - red days - get some extra speed in.... fish see you can have your fish supper :D

I find with fizzy that I retain water so avoid anything fizzy for two days before the wi!

careful with the grapes (blueberries and bananas too) - they are free but not speed - could you switch to straw/rasp/ blackberries? Tesco's do a frozen berry mix - its on offer and its all super speed whoo hoo. This is often my breakfast with a tub of total 0% greek yogurt. I had to cut out my mullers - I was eating 3/4 a day - now I am snacking on syn free ginger cake, carrots, beetroot, pickles, cooked meat - especially chicken and even tins of tuna! If there's an s or a ss beside it I eat it lol.

If you live in co.down there's a butcher in comber that does beautiful sausages and they come in at 1/2 syn each for beef or 1.5 syns for 2 pork...... gorgeous

You will see the rewards - just stick with it!

Just a couple of wee ?s :
Do you exercise?
Do you drink enough water?

AM x

OOPS sorry, yes I knew that Alpen bar was 3 syns, put 2 by accident... lol..
Yes I drink at least 2 litres of water every day, at least, and I have started walking my dog. I started about 3 weeks ago now it must be, not far I know, but to someone my size and who never exercised in her life, that mile walk every day (half there and half back) is bound to be doing me good. I have knocked the grapes back to one pack a day lol, and not 2. :D
Although, my consultant said that exercise is not compulsory on SW, the weight will come off without it, Im sure that the walking the dog must be helpful, and she also said that bananas, grapes etc etc are free, so to eat and enjoy. I have never heard of anyone get fat by eating grapes, and its better for me that slice of toast with loads of lovely real butter on it, thats in the kitchen right now calling me... lol... But I know they have natural sugar in them, so am making a conscious effort to reduce my intake of grapes. Funnily enough, grapes and bananas are the only fruit I would eat (apart from melon) typical isnt it.? lol.
Do you know the name of the butchers in Comber.? My ex husband is down around Comber on a saturday, he could call in for me...... see... he DOES have his uses after all. LOL.... sorry for the long post, will put my food diary up for today....
Extra Easy day today.....
1 sachet of Quaker Oats so Simple (heb),
250ml semi skimmed milk (hea)
splenda

Prawns,
stir fry veg (the usual stuff)
1 tbsp teriyaki sauce (2 syns)
brown rice

lean roast lamb,
mashed potatoes,
spring onions (made into champ)
2 tsp Flora Extra Light (1 syn)
small glass of lemonade (3 syns)
1 level tsp white sugar (1 syn)

total syns= 7

You're doing great Debby, a mile walk is great - how long is it taking you? try timing it and doing it a little quicker each time - if you don't fancy going longer!

I know what you mean by people eating grapes/bananas - I just know what I have eaten on my slower weeks! Usually I hate fruit salad but so long as I make it fresh I am really enjoying it.

The butcher is premier cuts - I think - its the one opposite the country fried chicken.

Aswell as the pork and beef ones they do almost syn free chicken sausages, a pork and leek sausage - same sins as pork. Burgers - 1 syn each georgeous well wortgh that syn but my favourite is the veg roll - 2 bits for 1 syn bargain lol

keep up the great work :0)

Last edited:
awe thanks sweetie.... in the butchers, is there any indication which ones are SW friendly or do I have to ask, if you know what I mean.?
here is todays menu....
extra easy:-
breakfast........
2 eggs, 2 Nimble white (heb)(made into eggy bread), mushrooms fried in frylight

lunch............
2 nimble (6 syns), 2 asda meat free burgers(1 syn), 42g low fat cheddar(hea), salad, 1 tbsp Hellmans Light(2 syns), served with SW chips

dinner............
chilli con carne (extra lean mince, onion, mushrooms, peppers, passata) served with brown rice

extras........
banana, grapes(not many:D)melon, small glass pepsi max, water, and a bag of snack a jacks(5.5syns)
total syns today=14.5

Red Day
2xNimble(heb), 2 eggs, made into eggy bread, mushrooms cooked in fry light
prawn and chicken salad(lettuce, tomato, spring onions, cucumber, beetroot),
2 tbsp Hellmans Light (4 syns)
4x Ryvita(heb), 4 Laughing cow extra light triangles(part hea)
beef brisket cooked in slow cooker with carrots,onions. Served with cabbage and 1 tbsp gravy(granules 1 syn)
Extras:
2 scan bran(1 syn), other 2 triangles
lemon cheesecake mullerlight(1 syn), banana, grapes, snack a jacks(5.5syns)
Total syns today= 12.5

Back