My re-start Diary.....

YAY welcome back :)

Don't worry about everyone else, if they don't follow the plan in the short term, on a day to day basis, and weekly, then they WILL NOT succeed in the long term. Let them have their weight losses now when they have cheated, it won't last.

This plan is like Who Wants to be a Millionairre, it is simple if you KNOW the answers. You know so many of the answers already, it is just a case of learning a few more and you will be at your million pound question in no time!!

Not sure what to say about your SWC, but I would point out to her where she has misdirected you and give her the opportunity to explain herself.

I would make more use of the SW site if I were you, use it to check anything and everything syn-wise and healthy extra-wise as it is always up to date, far more so than any of our books.

And of course you always have us here on Minimins too for support and guidance.

Your mind has already lost weight and gotten healthy, it is obvious by the effort you are putting in and the focus you are demonstrating. All we need is your body to catch up :)

Good luck with your weigh in

awe thanks Dave, that was a really lovely post and made me feel better. Mwah.x x x
anyway, lost a pound tonight... not over the moon about that, but its still a loss and it could have been on and NOT off, so I will take it.... thank you. lol
And YES we had the same old crap again.... well I was out 3 times this week and Ive lost 4 pounds, or, I had 3 bottles of wine at the weekend and Ive lost 3, or, I havent eaten anything all week and I have lost 3, or, I have had NO syns all week, except ONE and I have lost 5 and a half..... arrrggggghhhhhhhhhh. But you have given me hope Dave lol..... slow and steady wins the race eh.?

Well done on your 1lb loss Debby, I have been plodding away with a 1lb a week since May, but it has all mounted up and the weight is coming off, so well done to you love. X

Red day today...

Breakfast:-
2 x Nimble(heb),
2 eggs (eggy bread),
mushrooms

Lunch:-
Prawn salad (lettuce, tomatoes, spring onion, cucumber, beetroot), prawns,
1 tbsp Asda Extra Lite mayo(1/2 syn),
2 scan bran (1 syn),
28g Philadelphia Light(2 syns)

Dinner:-
lean steak,
mashed swede,
broccoli,
half a packet of sauce mix(2.5syns), made with milk(a little from allowance)

Extras:-
Milk(rest of allowance-hea),
Options(2 syns),
packet of snack a jacks(5.5 syns),
2 x Alpen Lite bars (heb),
banana, grapes, water

Total syns= 13.5

Debs

First of all well done on losing another lb, as has been stated they really do add up.

I would say that slow and steady will likely lose the race! BUT it isn't a race, it's a lifestyle.

Seems to me they (assuming they can keep up the losses which is unlikely) might get to goal weight, but they will have learned nothing about a healthy diet, healthy living, etc. And they will VERY quickly put the weight back on and more. Classic yoyo. I speak from experience as I have done the same myself. More than once!

But you are teaching yourself about how to eat, what to eat, nutritional knowledge which will stay with you forever.

They might cross the finish line before you, but when you get there they will be back at the start line again wondering what happened :)

Your red day looks great today btw :)

Keep up the good work, I don't even know you and yet I am proud of you, so you must be doubly proud

Thanks Donnie... x x you are a pal.....
Dave.... thanks for that, that was a lovely post...and you made me feel so much better.... you are such a good friend, dont know what I would do without you. x x x

Hi Debby,

Gosh we all have days like this. I know exactly what you mean - My friends are the same - we go out on a fri/sat nite - I count my drinks, don't eat takeaway, they blow everything have mcd's the next day and still loose double me!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news scan bran are now 1 syn each (poo I know!)

Glad you are doing well - you definitedly inspired me to keep on trekin today!

AMxx

Excuse me for thread butting you two, but I couldn't help it.....

Scan Bran are now 1 syn each!!!!!! Where has this come from I wonder, SW are moving the goal posts yet again, Scan Bran has only been ½ syn for ages and ages, is nothing safe any more.....

I have also heard that Scan Bran is now 1syn, although on from other threads on Minimins.

Whatever the synnage it will say it on the side of the pack so I would check each pack as you open them.

I am at WI soon I will try to remember to ask my SWC

awe Dave well done on your loss this week..... that is fabulous.... and now 'I'm' so proud of 'you' :p.......

Today is another red day...
2 Nimble(heb)
2 tsp Flora extra light(1 syn)
mushrooms cooked in garlic and worcestershire sauce
2 slices Kerry Low Low(hea)

Beef Teriyaki stir fry
(thin slices lean steak(last nights left overs), peppers, onions, mushrooms, mangetout, baby corn) and 2 tbsp Teriyaki sauce (2 syns)

lean steak(left overs again..now you can see why I picked a red day today lol)
beansprouts
56g garden peas(2 syns)

snack a jacks(5.5 syns)
2 x Alpen Lite bars(heb)
water, bananas, grapes, pepsi max

Total syns= 10.5

Another great day, nice one Debs :)

I asked my SWC about scan bran, she said she hadn't heard anything, and also checked the pack which still stated 1/2 syn each. However the SW website does say they are 1 syn each! Bit strange, waiting for confirmation either way!

I would say if the pack says 1/2 syn they are 1/2 syn. If at some point the recipe/ingredients somehow change and it affects the syn value I suspect they will change it on the pack too.

But if you wanna play it safe you can count them as 1 each.

well, have had about 4 hours sleep on and off all night, as my darling daughter has a dreadful cough, and it went on and on and on all night, and she is off school today.... this is a first since starting SW so we shall see how today goes in terms of being stressed and rushed off my feet. I also have a cold........... but no one cares...............:cry::( :sigh:
anyway its a green day for me...

Quaker Oats so Simple(heb)
Semi skimmed milk(hea)
splenda
banana
grapes

Prawn salad (142g prawns(heb), lettuce, tomato, spring onions, beetroot, cucumber, sweetcorn, peppers etc)
1 tbsp Light mayo(2 syns)
2 x scan bran (1 taken with HE from breakfast)so (1/2 syn) for other one
28g Philadelphia Light(2 syns)

1 Asda Meat free garlic kiev(5 syns)
mashed potatoes
carrots
peas
2 tsp flora extra lite (1 syn)

bananas, grapes, mullerlights, water, pepsi max

Total syns today= 10.5

Oh dear Debby - I have been having 2 Asda Kiev's thinking that they were 5 syns for a pack of 2!!!! instead of 5 syns each, so thank you for bringing that to my attention. X

Right well today is a bit of a higglety pigglety day because my daughter is still off school and not feeling great and its Friday so there is limited food in the house and I cant get out to the shops... so here is what I have literally thrown together for today.........
(oh and this is the FIRST time in all these weeks that I have eaten pasta..... Im a bit worried about it.....)

Green Day today....

breakfast:-
2 asda meat free burgers(1 syn),
beans
scrambled egg

lunch:-
SW pasta carbonara
(85g ham((heb)),
28g parmesan(hea))

dinner:-
chicken curry
(71g cooked chicken((heb),
less than 1/3rd of a can coconut milk(approx 8 syns),
onions,
mushrooms etc
brown rice,
1 popadom(2 syns)

extras:-
grapes, water
Total syns today= 11

Extra Easy day for me today:-

Breakfast:
Quaker Oats so Simple(heb), milk from allowance(hea), splenda
2 x scan bran(1 from heb above) and 1 other(1/2 syn), 28g Philadelphia Light(2 syns)

Lunch:
Spicy Couscous
(asda meat free chicken style pieces(1.5 syns), couscous, onion,(SF) peppers(SF), 1 tbsp asda balti paste(1.5 syns), stock made from Chicken Bovril(SF)

Dinner:
sausage casserole
(asda half fat sausages(3 syns), onions(SF), peppers(SF), mushrooms(SF), carrots(SF) etc, half a packet of Schwartz leek and mustard sauce for sausages (3.5 syns), served with SW wedges, peas

Extras:
loads of water, small pepsi max, banana, grapes

Total syns today= 11.5

Last edited:
Back