Working Solutions My time has come...AGAIN!!! ;-) May Madness!!!

Delighted to report that I just tested my Blood Pressure,and it is at it's best for years, 131/82, the diastolic has always been over 90 for as long as I can remember, another sign that my weight loss is improving my health.

Oh yeah & the psyllium husks "kicked in" ;)

Delighted to report that I just tested my Blood Pressure,and it is at it's best for years, 131/82, the diastolic has always been over 90 for as long as I can remember, another sign that my weight loss is improving my health.

Oh yeah & the psyllium husks "kicked in" ;)

Psyllium husks!! God bless 'em! I couldn't do this diet without my husks.
Incidentally, for future reference ... I've found a great supplier (sheesh this sounds like some kind of contraband I'm talking about lol). They're on online company called 'Oneon' (Google is your friend). I bought a huge 900g tub for just £11 - post free. And they're milled much more finely which blends into the shakes better and gives them a nice consistency (in my humble opinion).

Just thought I'd pass that on :)

"pass it on" ...very good RussianDoll ...:D:D:D

Thanks for the referral. I spotted it before I started this on your thread, but the P & P to Republic of Ireland was too high, so I got a 900g bag from Myprotein, and it does the job just fine. ;)

Just as a matter of interest, I take a heaped tablespoon in 500ml of water first thing each morning, followed by another 500ml of water. Not the most pleasant way to start the day! It says on their website that you are not to have it 30 mins before a "Meal" or 60 mins after. Does out shake/soup/bar constitute a Meal, or do you take your husks with your shakes/soups?

How long have you been on the husks, then???
(And yes, this is why I'm SOOOOO successful with women, chatting them up about their toilet habits!!!!) :D:D:D:D

Just having my banana shake with 2 teaspoons of coffee in my sexy Sponge Bob 500ml beaker. This is lunch, the husks were brekkie. Will probably have a soup later & perhaps a limb of chicken & veg for dinner with the boys.

Conor :cool:

Conor here you are. I've been looking out to see how my fella Irish man is getting on. Looks like your well in the zone and feeling the benefits. Well done on a great week!

Here to another.;)

I put a teaspoon in with my shakes and soups and it 'works' just great.

With my soups, I put 300ml of very hot water into my jug, add half a Knorr vegetable stock cube (low carb - I've checked!) then the pack and put a tsp of husks on top. Then I blitz with my Braun stick blender but only for about 6 seconds or so or it goes too gloopy because of the husks. Then I pour it into a bowl, top with loads of black pepper and a sprinkle of chilli pepper (yes I like nice spicy food) then eat. The veggie stock cube enables me to have that extra few mills of soup without it tasting insipid.

I tried husks in water when I very first tried a VLCD in 2006 and almost puked - pond slime or what? But having it in the packs fills me up and avoids the dreaded 'C' problem. I was on it for 10 months with no negative effects (lost around 10st) so I'd say have it in your shakes if that's what you want.

Hope this helps :)

Sorry to butt in but do you know if psyllium husk capsules are any good cos I don't fancy spending on husk if I can't stomach the taste/texture of it??

Hi Ali,
Truthfully, I know nothing about the capsules. However, be careful, the price of these vary greatly, and its like cod liver oil capsules, the dose you get is negligible for big money.

Keep an eye on the Total Solutions section, I just started up a thread there. The jury is out on whether to take them in our soups & shakes, but obviously, it would be easier to take them mixed rather than neat as I am currently doing, in a 500ml beaker of cooled boiled water. My advice is if you can take it (and you should), it would be preferable to have it neat. See RD posts, she took it for 10 months with no side effect other than humengous weight loss!!!

People on Normal diets mix it with fruit juice or mix into porridge etc to take it. I got mine on Molkeprotein | Sportlernahrung | Ergänzungen | Bodybuildingergänzungen | Proteinergänzungen - Myprotein (Deutschland), I think I paid less than 10 quid for a 900g bag, that will last ages at a dose of 1 tablespoon daily.

Good luck with whatever you decide,

Conor

They're probably just as good - I just like the husk powder because I like thick shakes and my soups to have a 'broth-like' consistency. They're brilliant though because they're gentle, non habit forming and don't affect the diet :)

When I was on Cambridge 'back int deh' I devised a kind of porridge using vanilla or toffee walnut shake and psyllium husks. It became quite popular on the forums here ... shortly after, Cambridge brought out their own porridge. I'm not saying I had any influence but .... where's my commission? :D :D

And RD, did no one raise the issue of not taking the husks an hour either side of taking a shake or soup???

They also recommend you take at least one 8oz glass of water for every TEASPOON of husks you have taken, hence I take 1 litre of water after my 500ml water/tablespoon of husks concoction...

And RD, did no one raise the issue of not taking the husks an hour either side of taking a shake or soup???

They also recommend you take at least one 8oz glass of water for every TEASPOON of husks you have taken, hence I take 1 litre of water after my 500ml water/tablespoon of husks concoction...

Nope. And after 10 months doing it my way (and 3 weeks this time round) I know that I haven't come to any harm. Maybe there might be an issue with eating solid food within the hour if you already have a swelling mass of water absorbent husks inside you (or the other way round and are in the process of digesting a solid meal then send a swelling mass of husks down less than an hour later) but as the 'food' I add it to is already liquid I can't see a problem. As for water, I drink a glass after my soup or shake and we drink plenty of water throughout the day on this diet so, again, no problem. Of course, if you feel happier doing it the way the packet says then you should continue. I'm just saying what suits me :)

No, No, what you say makes perfect sense. I might give it a go in Week 3. I have started this again for my week 2, so I'll finish that. I was off the husks from Wednesday to Saturday last and I missed them - no action. Took them on Saturday morning & I was back in action.

Thanks for all your advice, it's much appreciated,

Conor

Yeah, moonbeams, all my secrets are out there :D:D:D

Oh, and get a scales that work. Mine aren't co-operating this morning, they tell me I've put on a pound :confused:

The curse of the daily weigher!!! :rolleyes:

Have a good week y'all,

Conor

I have the PH tablets, got them from Holland and Barrett and they are working fine! I take 2 in the morning with a big glass of water as soon as I get up.

As for Reputation, to give it, you click on the white scale on the bottom left of someones post. When you receive it, go to User CP and scroll down and it is all listed at the bottom. It doesn't automatically say who it's from, but people send a comment :)

Thanks Sarette, I'm on here over 6 months and I never noticed those scales :rolleyes:

I'll have a quick peep onto your thread to see how you're doing.

had a pretty tough day work wise 7 I'm feeling kinda yuch all day... hope I'm not coming down with a bug

Hi guys & gals,
I've been off the radar for the past 24 hours. The reason is because I had a seriously YUCH day yesterday... I felt really unwell all day, felt I was coming down with a bug, so I made an executive decision to prepare a purely protein meal of chicken, tomato & onion omelette. It only made matters worse.

I survived it, just about, but I wasn't able for anything further all day. I was going to have my husks again this morning, but I thought I'd give them a miss to-day and just stick to the packs & water. Took 2 ltrs of water first thing & certainly I have been improving as the day has gone on. Split my vanilla shake between 2 coffees & had my Thai soup, all good. Hopefully that will keep me on the straight & narrow. Maybe I'd slipped out of Ketotis, well I paid a bl**dy high price getting back to it , if I did! Lesson Learned.

Hope to avoid that discomfort again.

Hope all is going well for all you lovelies out there.

Conor

Hope you're feeling a bit better today and the bug didn't bite.

Keep drinking the water ;) xxx

^^^ typed same time as you hehe xx

Thanks Ali, I never feel poorly, so I think it might have been a bit of a bug combined with getting back to or fully into ketosis.

My youngest is off school the past two days feeling poorly, so that might have something to do with it.

Off now for another litre of water.

Kind regards,

Conor

Back