Working Solutions My time has come...AGAIN!!! ;-) May Madness!!!

Happy New Year Conor, see you soon xx

Happy New Year Conor xx

When is D-day Conor, looking forward to your stalking :p

Good morning Ali, D-Day has finally arrived......I'm back!!!

Sadly, my New Year got off to an unfortunate start. My best friends brother died on January 1st, funeral yesterday, hence the delay in me re-joining the weight-loss journey. But the good news is that from experiencing such a sad event gives me re-newed vigor & appreciation that everyday is a blessing/bonus and we should enjoy it to the full. Certainly loosing the weight in 2011 added greatly to my enjoyment of the year, so I'm hoping for greater satisfaction with better results this year.

My first goal is to get back from my current weight of 270 to my previous weight of 262, a gain of 8lbs, and continue on to my goal of 224 by May 1st. As well as loosing weight, I want to incorporate a fitness/ exercise programme. I will be 50 in 2 years and I am determined to complete a marathon by then! Ambitious maybe, but if I build up my fitness levels gradually, I'm sure it is achievable. In order to keep me focussed, I will keep an exercise log so I can monitor improvements in my fitness levels.

Anyway, I look forward to sharing this with all you good people of Minimins. I hope 2012 brings us all we hope for ourselves and our families.

Best wishes,

Conor

Good luck Conor, for me 2011 saw the diet sussed, 2012 is time for the exercise, so i'll be keenly following your progress!

Hey Conor welcome back, good luck with the marathon training :)

Back on the wagon

Hi guys, I'm slinking back on here after an unavoidable delay. :break_diet:

I started last Wednesday, so far so good. I see from my stats that I have just put on half a stone since my last visit here on January 5th, so I guess it could be worse. :eek:

Certainly, it feels like a lot more weight, but hopefully I'll shift it soon again. By co-incidence, I have decided to stay off the booze for the 47 days of Lent until Easter Sunday, April 8th, so that should certainly help in the Exante Department. ;)

I am hoping that I can achieve a 2 stone weight-loss in that time, which will have me at my lowest weight for decades! Looking at my BMI of 36.5 frightens the daylights out of me, so hopefully I can correct this before it's too late. I am also planning an exercise regime, even to get out and walk the dogs will be a help.

I'm catching up with your diaries, and they are truly inspirational.

Well done to one and all.

Best wishes,

Conor

Thanks ladies, Jeez, I'll be eating the hairs off my arms before to-night is over...

Back on the psyllium husks to-day too & trying to get the water into (and out of me :D) all day.

I'm back on the wagon again...;)

Hey Conor welcome back. Hope things are settling down for you and less running around, bless you xx

Thanks Ali,
Yes, normal service has been resumed... The mayhem that is llife with two teenage sons! I'm easing into this Exante programme for the forseeable future, that's providing no further turmoil visits my life in 2012! Hope all is well with you.

Thanks for dropping by,

Conor

Good afternoon fellow Minis,
It's a glorious sunny spring day here on the East coast of Ireland...plus we have Italy in our sights later at the 6 Nations Rugby, so my mood is very good indeed. ;)
I had a sneak peek at the scales, and they are definitely working, (the numbers are getting smaller :D), as is the diet to date. Still WS, still off the booze.:rolleyes:

I am in my outdoor gear and plan to take the dogs for a damn good walk in the forestry in a few minutes. My sons have too many social engagements to join me, but that's just the way the world works sometimes. In fairness my eldest lad is just back from 2 hours in the gym, so good for him!

Hope everyone is having a super Saturday.

Best of luck to one and all,

Conor

Good night fellow Minis,
I have decided to give Exante another go. Hopefully I the gumption to stick it this time. Firstly, I need to shed 53lbs to get to Overweight ( that's a frightening statistic!!!) , and I'll decide what I'll do then. On the plus side the weather is better now, so I've started back forestry walking again. Hopefully that will help.

Best of luck to all sailing on the SS Exante,

Conor x

Hi Connor, I had a read through your posts there. Good on you getting back on the wagon! I reckon the hardest bit is getting started again. I started on 1st April so if you fancy budding up for a bit of motivation then let me know! Good luck! Dave.

Good morning Scottydave, wow, you've set the bar pretty high, 22lbs in 2 weeks, that's amazing! If my maths is correct, our stats are pretty similar, both 6ft 1" tall and around the 20 stone mark. I take it that you're TS to be enjoying those results, whereas I'm considering the WS solution initially. The reason I'm choosing WS is that allows for me having an evening meal with my teenage sons who are gearing up for important exams in a few weeks. Dinner time is pretty much the only time we get to sit around and chat. This is non an excuse for me not to go TS, its the voice of experience from when I tried this last, and it took a while to re-instate that dynamic of conversation. Usually it's like pulling teeth trying to get chat out of a moody teenager, so it was easier for them to sit & eat in front of the TV. They quickly got out of the habit of conversation, plus meal time gave them the opportunity to Vent about whatever issues affected them during the day...

I'll have a look to see if you have a thread on here, I might pick up some useful tips.

Best of luck mate,

Conor

Well done for deciding to restart this journey Conor.

Wishing you good luck and stay positive :hug99: xx

Back