my very first day on s&s

So its day 10, n I'm loving it....iv got roughly around 60 days until I start added the meal in (chicken veg ect) I want to be 10.13 before I add the meal and then when I get to 9.13 I will be finishing and joining weight watchers to shift the last stone so I can maintain whilst eating...what is everyone else plan?x

Glad you're loving it right now! I feel great, I'm at work and I still haven't had my first shake yet.. I'm just not hungry! I'll have it within the next hour or so though.

What I do at the moment is I either have 4 sachets a day, or 3 sachets a day and a 'meal' -I'll either have salad and some tuna, or add a bit of broccoli to a sachet meal.

I'm going to see where I'm at by the end of march, and if I need to carry on with SnS then I will. The plan is to do the Paleo diet / Primal Blueprint. It's low carb and cuts out wheats and grains so you don't ever get bloated! I followed this Last year for a while and I felt great and lost about a stone after a month, so I will do that to maintain..

I was also going to mention, is anyone having a 'week off' after week 12? not eating as you would have before, but having a more substantial dinner etc for a week? when I was on Cambridge I did the Sole Source plan which is essentially the same as what we are doing now, and was told it's advisable to have come off and eat a little more after week 12 for a week as it's not healthy to be in ketosis for more than 12 weeks at a time? x

After a bloody hassle with chronopost, I received my slim and save stuff today. Love how they send a tape measure. So, tomorrow is going to be Day 1 and I am looking forward to losing the lard!

My initial plan was to only use slim and save for 4 weeks as a starting boost to weight loss and to reduce the amount of packs by one each week. So on week 2 I'm now having 3 packs and one meal, next week should be 2 packs and 2 meals. Then move onto low carb while gradually increasing my calories, then add in something new every week, like berries or oatcakes. My issue is that I don't want my hair to thin any more than it has done in the past few years due to low carb and VLCD diets.
However, I am finding this very easy and delighted with the results so far, so I might stay on 3 packs and one meal for while longer!!

My initial plan was to only use slim and save for 4 weeks as a starting boost to weight loss and to reduce the amount of packs by one each week. So on week 2 I'm now having 3 packs and one meal, next week should be 2 packs and 2 meals. Then move onto low carb while gradually increasing my calories, then add in something new every week, like berries or oatcakes. My issue is that I don't want my hair to thin any more than it has done in the past few years due to low carb and VLCD diets.
However, I am finding this very easy and delighted with the results so far, so I might stay on 3 packs and one meal for while longer!!

Yeah I find the 3 packs and a meal great, as I guess it keeps you in touch with 'real food' lol. Sometimes I dont fancy a meal so I'll just have 4 packs instead, the results are the same. I haven't had any issues with hair thinning, do you take any vitamin supplements?

Another 2lb done now.

Officially out of the 14s for the first time in at least 4 years!!!!
Absolutely over the moon x x x

Well done bikin body! Iv never heard of that diet I might look it up! I personally won't be doin the 12 week break I was on Cambridge ss and had a weeks break for Xmas and it turned out to be a years break so no way am I doing it to my self, for me its all or nothing, can't have temptation! My little girl n niece made there own pizzas tonight and it was torture lol but I'm still going strong so I'm happy at the moment!x

I may just have a little break I'm not sure yet. Will see where I am in 12 weeks. x x x

Yeah I wasn't sure whether to have a break or not, I'll see where I am at week 12 too.. Maybe I'll just try to have an extra bit of veg with my meal or something to put me slightly less in ketosis, as if you are in ketosis for too long it can make you ill (ketoacidosis). We'll see!

Yeah I find the 3 packs and a meal great, as I guess it keeps you in touch with 'real food' lol. Sometimes I dont fancy a meal so I'll just have 4 packs instead, the results are the same. I haven't had any issues with hair thinning, do you take any vitamin supplements?
yeah I usually take a multi vitamin. I remember my old cambridge lady saying that the losses on the diet with one meal (800 cals) were as good as those on sole source!

Hello everyone, hope you're all having a good weekend and sticking to plan :p

I had such bad hunger pains late last night I couldn't bear it! It was so bad I couldn't sleep.. I honestly thought I was going to end up eating something from the cupboard, but I was sensible and had an extra chocolate shake and had it warm instead. So proud of myself, and according to the meal planner it hasn't taken me out of ketosis and wasn't over my calorie allowance either!

I've just had a massive salad and a quorn steak for my dinner which was really nice, and I'll have a bar with a cuppa tea later tonight and maybe a shake if I fancy it.

How are you all getting on? xx

Iv had a rubbish day, started off this morning had a raspberry shake, then took my daughter for her swimming lesson then went my grandparents who had decided we were going down to the carvery me bein me who can't say no as I would feel ungreatful coz they take us out now and again, so all the way there I was really scared about it coz I didn't want to eat anything until I was 10.13, so thought I will have a salad, got there they only do carvery so went up I got 2 slices of turkey and carrots, cut all the outside off the turkey and didn't enjoy it one bit, so I'm trying to convince my self that iv not cheated coz u can have that. I track everything on myfitness pal n it came up with 250 cals for the turkey which I was gutted about n now I think it will have knocked me out of ketosis?? Since I got hone iv had a strawberry shake, chicken n mushroom soup and mushroom pasta n hardly drank any water, iv had almost 800 calories! So sad about today all because iv got no balls to tell my grandad I'm on this diet coz I know how negative people see it as!x

P.s iv had all that since I got home because I was starvin do do u think I'm out of ketosis? I didn't want to go for the stray donut on the side or chocolate daughter brought home today lol so I thought safest thing was to have the packs x

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry, you have done well! If anything it would be the carbs that would knock you out of ketosis, the carrots might bring you out of it slightly, but you have done well to stick with the packs for the rest of the day!

Just see what your carbs amount to, if its over 65g it MAY bring you out of ketosis as it does some people, but don't worry just be on plan 100% from tomorrow and you should get back in to it easily. x

Party went well. I stuck to water all night and one coke zero.
And all I had to eat was 2 slices of ham, and some smoked salmon.
Hopefully that was all ok. x x x

Well done bikinbody that's why planned is always best! Iv just checked and ot said 61g of carbs, I will see how I get on today n see if there's signs of bein out of ketosis! I'm feeling ok now iv convinced my self that iv not cheated and that iv just had the meal that I can have coz its if I cheated say added a smidge of gravey or a small potato then I know I'd find it hard not to again! But iv done good I think my plate looked so funny in a carvery bet they thought why did u even come lol x

Th best way to look at it is if you wasn't doing this diet you would have eaten 3 times the size of that meal so even if it does bring you out a bit, you have haven't cheated. An you have still eaten less than usual x x x

I don't think I'm out of ketosis thank god! I'm over it now lol x

Back