Name change ..........????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by flirty40greeneyes, 16 October 2007 Social URL.

1. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I split up with my ex husband 7yrs ago - but kept his surname as it's the same as my childrens and because there were no bad memories. So I still have his surname.

:love047::character00250:I am getting married again in less than 2yrs time and wondered if I should change my name so that on the wedding certificate I'm no longer Mrs C- ??? I don't want to go back to my maiden name either as that seems like a backward step.

My kids were having fun with it the other day and came up with Miss B. Have, Miss D'Theboat, Miss Chief, Miss Take ........... :D:rolleyes::rotflmao:

So should I change my name?? and if so to what??!!! :help2::sign0163:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Hi Bev

I changed my name by Deed Poll the week before we got married as I didn't want my ex's name anywhere on the "new" Marriage Certificate. I just went back to my maiden name for a week. Hope this helps xxx

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

How about Miss Demeaner, Miss Understood, Miss ing you, Miss eltoe.

I could go on, and on, and on.

PS Can you tell I don't want to crack on with the housework lol

5. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    how about Miss Flirty ;)
    xx

6. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    if it were me i would do miss fit :D

7. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Hi Beverley
    I still have my ex husbands name , i'm not getting remarried but i have 3 kids two have my first husbands name and my last child has her dads last name , really i would need todo do it by depole , how much is that ? But i know that we can call ourselfs anything but on paper we can't . Yes i've often thought what would i change it to if i did . my maiden name i hate , How about MS Jones from rising damp lol

8. DawnC

DawnC Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge (previous Lighterlife)
    I changed my name by deed poll after divorce but not until I was expecting another child. I didnt want my newborn to have that T**ts surname. I felt sad being different from my other 2 kids who live with me but we've all got used to it. I changed back to my maiden name but I wish I'd taken on something a little more interesting. It didnt cost me a penny in fees then coz I was claiming state benefits but the hidden costs were changing passport, driving license etc... but it was worth it. Good on ya, whatever you decide

dawn xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.