Neonic's Dukan Diary

Haha. I love Eeyore. He's my all time favourite character.

Well this morning I should be over the moon, in fact 5 minutes ago I was. I weighed in this morning 11st 6.1lb, meaning I've lost another 1.2lb taking my total my total to 10.3lb. Well, I was ecstatic, until I told my house mate. Her reaction was "You can lose a pound in your sleep". Gee thanks!!!! Last night she was commenting on my snacking and the fact I have a dessert after my meals. A few months ago when I was on another diet, I told her and her boyfriend I'd lost half a pound and they laughed and said you could wee half a pound. They the proceeded to weigh a cup of water to show how much half a pound is. All this coming from a couple who are currently trying to lose weight on a juice/smoothie diet. She wants to get down from 9 and a half stone to 8 stone something. Because they are only having smoothies and salads she thinks its easy.

Arghhh, I'm so annoyed!!!! How can one person ruin your mood for the day. I should've stayed in bed until she'd left for work!!!!!!

Nic

Re your Jason Vale quote, I think your housemate and her boyfriend just need to shut up full stop! ;)

Have a great day, love.

P x

Dont let there negativity affect you your doing fab xxx

Thanks both. Feeling much better now. I went for a lovely walk around the lake this afternoon and took a couple of photos. I thought the geese were going to attack me at one point but I got away unharmed!

Haven't been very imaginative with the food today but I enjoyed it none the less.

Breakfast - Oatbran porridge
Lunch - Chicken with BBQ sauce, 8 seafood sticks
Snack - SF jelly/mousse, 2 slices beef
Tea - 5 Chicken drumsticks, 2 boiled eggs, SF Jelly/mousse

Drinks - Tea, Water, Diet Coke

I think it's official, I have become addicted to Chicken.

Heading up to the midlands to visit the parents tomorrow. I've got some food ready to take with me as well as a bag of oat bran. Think I might take my mini muffin maker with me too.

Those negative comments say far more about them than you... diet saboteurs are such a pain!
You're doing brilliantly!
x

Thanks Jo. I've decided I just won't talk to them about my diet. It's not worth the negative comments I get.

Official weigh in day today. There seems to be something about Wednesdays, its the day I stay the same. Saying that thought I'm feeling quite heavy today so I think TOTM may be heading my way. I may not have lost anything but I haven't gained either so weekly weigh in is 11st 6.1lb meaning 10.3lb lost in total over two weeks. I can't grumble at that!

This morning should be my last weigh in until Monday as I'm not sure if my parents scales work and they won't be the same as mine anyway. Hopefully when I weigh in on Monday I'll have lost another couple of pounds. 3.7lb would be amazing as it would mean I've lost a whole stone. I won't get my hopes up though, just incase.

I've decided I'm doing another PP day today so that Friday, Saturday and Sunday can be PV days. Figured that would be easier when eating with the family.

Well, I must get my arse into gear. The rabbit won't clean herself out and my parents dogs will be waiting at the sitters for me. Not looking forward to the 3 hour drive but at least they'll give me a nice welcome when I pick them up.

You coming to my neck of the woods, Nic? Brumijum?

Safe journey, it's yukky out there.

P x

Haha. I am indeed. Well, I'll be passing you. I'm off to Burton. I seem to be putting the journey off. Wish I could click my heels together like Dorothy.

Well, I made it up here. Roads weren't to bad on the way up and got to the dogs just in time. They were very pleased to see me and have barely left my side since we got home.

Food wise, everything has been good today. I tried the 'Slim Rice' tonight. I think I will try it again, but I'll definitely add more flavour next time. I really enjoyed the meal though. Saying that, I've made seafood egg fried rice with plain rice before and thought the same thing about the flavour. If only I could figure out how to cook with yogurt and fromage frais without it going disgusting i'll be all set. I could make a nice curry with rice on a PP day. Yum yum.

Breakfast - Oat bran and wheat bran porridge, boiled egg
Lunch - 5 chicken drumsticks
Snack - Boiled egg, slice of beef
Tea - seafood egg fried rice
Snack - SF jelly with FF yogurt

Drinks - Tea, diet coke, dr pepper zero (1.5 kcal per can so i thought it would be ok)

Hmmm, haven't had any plain water yet. I'd better get myself a bottle.

If I make it through until Sunday without going completely off track, it will be a miracle.

My mum is a hairdresser so gets tons of chocolates and wine for Christmas. Her and my dad went on holiday on new years day and got back today so there are still loads of chocolates, biscuits and wine everywhere. Every room I go in, there's boxes of chocolates. I haven't touched them so far and I'm not planning on having any but the temptation is enormous!!!!

temptation.jpg

;)

P x

So, there's a red weather warning back home and I'm up in the midlands. Think of all the snow I'm missing :-(

Good day all round my end. Woke up to find the dogs snuggled up to me, one on each side which was lovely. Really miss it when I'm not here.
My parents got home around 11.30. They've bought me 2 bottles of apple vodka back. Yum yum.
My sister came over with my niece who's 5 months old this afternoon, so had some lovely cuddles from her too.
Took the dogs for a walk in the start of the snow a little while ago. Looks like the snow is in for the night. Can't wait to see what it's like in the morning. I love snow. So glad I've got a few more days off work. Hopefully my nephew will get sent home from school early so we can build a snowman. I'd look silly building one on my own.

Made a lovely tea. I found some Thai spice mix in my mums cupboard. I read the ingredients and it all looks ok. No sugar or starches added. I used it to season some chicken pieces and stir fried it. I decided to give cooking with yogurt another go so added some of the spice mix to some yogurt then mixed it with the cooked chicken and let it warm slightly. Oh my goodness!!!! It was amazing!!! I've still got a bit of chicken left so I might finish off in a bit.

Breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled
Lunch - A take on cheese burger pie
Snack - Jelly and Yogurt
Tea - Thai chicken curry
Snack - Lemon Oat Bran muffins
Supper - Will be the rest of my Thai chicken curry

Drinks - water, tea, diet coke, dr pepper zero

The chocolates, I'm pleased to say, are still untouched by me. And that's how they are going to stay!!!!

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Nic, your food sounds fab, and loved reading your post well done xxx

Sounds to be going well neonic :) what's in this slim rice ??

Thanks Sidd.

Ellie, slim rice is the same as the shirataki noodles just in rice form. I was a bit dubious before I tried them but if you prepare them correctly and flavour them then they are not bad.

Good day so far. Woke up to breakfast in bed from my dad. It's usually bacon sandwiches but he knows I'm on dukan so instead it was bacon without the fat, dry fried egg and mushrooms. I know bacon isn't allowed on 'old school' dukan and I don't normally have it but it is allowed according to the official website.

Loving the snow. Haven't actually been out in it yet but I've taken some photos of the dogs from the door way.

I didn't have my leftover Thai chicken curry last night so I'm going to have it for lunch in a bit. Can't wait!!!

Well the dogs have absolutely loved the snow. They've spent more time playing outside today than any other day. Only trouble is, because they're little dogs, the snow sticks to their bellies and freezes so when they come back in they have little icicles on them. Hasn't stopped them wanting to go out though.

Food wise, I've continued to be good. I did have a small amount of beetroot with my salad but that's ok on occasion. I loved it. I could eat a whole jar of pickled beetroot given half the chance. Same with picked onions.
I've also upped my fluid increase to combat the salt from the bacon this morning. Most of my drinks have been tea but then it is -2 outside.

So.........

Breakfast - Bacon, dry fried egg, mushrooms
Lunch - Thai chicken curry
Snack - Seafood sticks (shared with the dogs and my mum)
Tea - 2 chicken drumsticks, seafood selection, 1/2 boiled egg, salad, pickled beetroot, pickled onions. Oat bran stirred into 0% total with lemon flavouring
Snack - SF jelly

Drinks - Tea (loads), water, diet coke

Chocolate Watch - I'm pleased to report I still haven't touched a single chocolate.

Hahahaha ... LOL at icicles on bellies!! :D

Well done on chocolate watch, Nic and nice to see your avatar photo.

Have a great day!

P x

Nice to see you xx and another great food day ....doin good xxx

Back