New Beginnings

hey smurfette - go for it :).... age is no barrier - if you connect mentally and he finds you physically attractive then the age is not a problem!!

I'd send him a text or ring him :) at the very least you'll have some good dates and a boost to your confidence ;) xxx

good luck hun xx

Definitely! A hint of a new romance is an excellent way to keep strict on a diet!

Thanx for all the lovely words of encourgement! The euphoria has subsided a little... Maybe a lot! The doubt has set in! Had good long chat with friend today and well my head is slightly fried trying to analyse which I know I overdo!

So time to refocus in diet
B-nothing as had nothing in
L-tuna from can
S- when I got home and had done some shopping- crab sticks-5-sugarfree jelly... Which I add a bit of splenda to!-muller yogurt
D-made a pv style dinner today-chicken with pepper onion garlic and muhroom cooked in tinfoil in oven with galette

Was quite nice tho smelled better than tasted!

Then slipped a bit as had small square of choc bisc concoction made by my friend with a coffee....where was my willpower? Sob! :( so much for yesterdays high motivation!

Oh well tomorrow I will do better I promise xxxxxx

Where was your motivation? Easy! Just look at your menu. Breakfast nothing. Lunch tin of tuna. Wonderful NOT.

You need to get shopping and menu planning... and I'm sure we've been saying this since you started! (Do you live particularly rurally somewhere without shops?!!!!)

No I live in a town... I am just so unused to planning ahead and akhully eating good on such a reg basis! I know u are right and I have dine a shop but I seem to go thru it very quick - and it is dear enough never mind doubling up- tho I did do a bit of that yesterday- I guess I will improve with time and practice!

So far today
B- nat yog and some sf jelly
L- chicken slices tin of tuna natural yogurt sf jelly crab sticks
S- muller yog
D- I'm thinking cod with some onions and garlic - have to cook it now shortly but I think thts what I am in the mood for!

Thanx for advice as I def felt fuller today .. Well til now when I am ready for dinner
Also did pretty good on water today

Is it ok to snack later on more sf jelly/ nat yog/ crab sticks?
I love how they are just ready to eat - no hassle!

To be successful on this diet you do have to get in the kitchen and get creative. Feel free to snack on yogurt later IF you're hungry but I'd try and steer clear of packaged meat as much as you can, it's actually full of additives which won't help the diet at all. Remember you're trying for pure protein and vegetables once on cruise. Instead of buying sliced chicken why not buy a whole one, roast it at home and then slice it. You should get at least 4 good meals out of that.

KEEP GOING!! IT WORKS!!! X

Hi Smurfette!!

It seems as though you may be struggling to eat enough, or vary your diet enough. It is so easy to fall into this trap. I have SO MANY times! I find that if I make sure I have plenty of bits and bobs in the freezer it helps me to knock a meal together even when my fridge appears a little bare! I have several different types of fish in my freezer which can be cooked from frozen. Also, I swear by tinned mackerel (in brine). It is delicious and so very filling! I always keep eggs in my fridge, so at least I can quickly scramble an egg up in an emergency! Every morning (apart from this morning!!) I have oatbran porridge which is very filling and delicious. I make it using 2tbsp oatbran (cruise phase) and 200ml of light soya milk (unsweetened), and then sprinkle plenty of sweetener on top! It is warming, filling and I really enjoy it. I would highly recommend you start your day off with a bowl of this, it will keep you going right up til lunch and is a great way of incorporating the much needed oatbran into your daily intake of food! :D

I usually have the porridge for breakfast, an omelette made with plenty of black pepper and a chopped mushroom, and prawns or tuna mixed in for lunch, and chicken or fish for tea. It is also a good idea to boil a couple of eggs in the morning so that you have them on standby just in case the hunger pangs come on suddenly! :eek:

I LOVE this diet, its the only one I have managed to succeed at and I have done EVERY diet imaginable - weight watchers, slimming world, cabbage soup diet, slim fast, south beach diet etc etc and the list goes on.......!

Stay motivated!! It works!!!! Good luck and I look forward to reading more about your successes! x

Great post Soozy...

I have nothing to add (darn it) EXCEPT (there had to be...) I do understand about not being used to shopping, planning, cooking, getting veggies down you etc etc. (Heck I didn't get to over 22 stone without cutting more than a few corners!!) But, part of the whole weight loss / life transformation process - if one has a chance of consolidating then stabilising the loss afterwards - is to retrain lazy habits or learn those we never had.

I used to dislike many vegetables (or so I thought "until I got hungry"). Now I love veg.

So do use your weight loss time as a learning curve for afterwards... else, like some of us serial dieters (myself included!), you'll be back here year after year having regained...

I am so lucky to have found this forum and this diet- it is all of you that keep me motivated to stuck to it so a big thank you!

Tbh I am really enjoying the diet - I mean I can eat!! And I surprise myself that I like most of what I cook- esp the fish!! From being a sandwich-aholic to eatin such a variety is fun tho I am getting sick of all the dishes I have to wash :/ ;)

Mornings are my worst time I guess as I love my bed and always struggle to get up and get a good breakfast - and get the galette made so I can bring some to lunch... Its Thursday and the first day I got my galette for lunch today! So I had some for brekkie but would appreciate some ideas for getting quick brekkies into me I anyone can think of some - I love my galette tho so not keen on missing out on it!

Today has been good
B-half galette
S-crab sticks5 nat yog cherry tomatoes
L-half galette smoked salmon sf jelly
S-muller yog
D- 3 turkey sausages and 3 turkey rasher and 2 egg
Might have some nat yog now...

Oh just wondering if it's normal to get a bit of the runs on this diet as had bit of upset tummy this eve after my polercise class.. Sorry if that's too much info xxx

Ps thanx soozy and maintainers will try to get planning over the weekend - and will sample the porridge sat mornin to c how I get on! My planning so far seems to be for lunch as I have to take it with me but I see ur point soozy having options there will make it easier! I can't say thanx enough guys! Knowing you are all there makes me know I can do this xxxxxx

'course you can Malcolm!

Couple of things on your menu though. You had tomatoes (no greenery?) at lunch so I'm presuming PV day, so where's your salad or veg in the evening?

Those sausages are ok sporadically as a tolerated food, but try not to have them too regularly (they're not in the original diet, but an "add on" by the doc). Prick them well before cooking to release maximum fat too.

You do need to eat more protein still - chicken, steak, prawns, salmon... anything there you like?

For breakfast, why not make your galettes in advance so as not to have any cooking mornings to do. I make muffins and take them to work with me as I leave home too early for breakfast! If I need my muffins later in the day, I bring an egg and some chicken for breakfast!

Keep it up! I know you can!

Thanks alottolose! I thought I was missing sthg there ... Went back thru all the posts to see if I could find him lol:D

Thanx for the ideas babes- will be experimenting this weekend as can always remake if it doesn't work out... Xx

A tough day today in some ways as it's totm and I had lots of cramps at schoool went to bed when I came home and it did help! Foodwise has been good this week but I am nervous about tomorrows weigh in none the less... I do FEEL slimmer and less bloated but I dint know if the scales will reflect this... Here's hoping!

Today
B-2 boiled eggs (I knew I hadn't much planned for lunch)
L- crabsticks nat yogurt sf jelly muller yog
D-20(!) king prawns with soy sauce
And a galette - which tasted the best today
S-muller yog

My fridge is running on empty at the mo except for tomatos and eggs so hoping to have an omelette for brekkie 2m followed by big shop! Oh and I hve 2 hardboiled eggs planned for a salad of some sort!

My snacks tend to be yog /sf jelly and d crabstiks ... Anything else I Gould be getting for quick eats???? Xx

OK for you young things... This was a catchphrase from the '70s, I'm reading, for a Vicks Sinex advert:

"From memory,complete with speech effects:
Mal: Oh Bub (Mum) I can't take my exams blocked up like this
Mum:'Course you can Malcolm.Try this.
Mal: Vick's Sinex Nasal Spray? I'll take it along.
Mum: Shouldn't need to.Lasts up to 8 hours.
Mal: 8 hours(as in Yeah,right!)
Later.........
Mum:Well how did it go?
Mal: The Sinex? Didn't need it once.
Mum: The exam,silly!
Mal:Mmmm,that smells good mum.(looking into Mum's cooking pot,and probably drooling into said pot)
Weird how a complete advert sticks in your mind.Cant remember when it came out but I'm coming 58 soon and it seems like yesterday. "

Last edited:
Today
B-2 boiled eggs (I knew I hadn't much planned for lunch)
L- crabsticks nat yogurt sf jelly muller yog
D-20(!) king prawns with soy sauce
And a galette - which tasted the best today
S-muller yog

Soy sauce is very salty and often sugary, so an occasional treat and be sparing!

Get shopping - that lunch is not a meal. Just snacks!! OK you're unwell at the mo.

x

Back