NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello hun :) that's is a good question. Because this challenge is new to many, I wanted to start it together until everyone is familiar with it. Eventually I am hoping you can all start on your weigh in days but for now, just so I can monitor things better, its probably better we all start week 1 together. In terms of you getting a full week, you have 2 choices, you can either give me your losses on your group weigh in day, so in your case you will have 5 days on the challenge Mon-Fri, or you can use your trusty scales at home and give me your result next Monday for 7 days, the choice is yours. When I do the final results spreadsheet, it will state how many days you did the challenge before weigh in, so everyone will have a different figure. If you checkout the results spreadsheet in section 9) of this thread, you will know what I mean. I have also asked all of you for your weigh in days so I can calculate how many days you will be on the challenge before weigh in. If you want to do the full 7 days and weigh from home, just let me know I will make a note of it for when I post your final results. Hope your still with me lol :D.

Kay xx

Ah, I see now. I don't go to group, I'm just doing it at home anyway, so I'll weigh in on Monday at the start of the challenge and then let you know my final weigh in after the week is up then. That's fine for me. Thanks for the explanation.

Ah, I see now. I don't go to group, I'm just doing it at home anyway, so I'll weigh in on Monday at the start of the challenge and then let you know my final weigh in after the week is up then. That's fine for me. Thanks for the explanation.

I do it at home and my usual WI is on a Sunday, but I'm swopping to Monday for the challenge. Getting excited - which is a bit daft, but who cares?!

Thanks hun :) ok answer to your questions ... 1) On the Green/EE days you can have them as hex because you are allowed a small amount of carbs, on Red you will have to syn them hun. 2) Nope the Cycles are very different in nature and will not work if combined. 3) Try and use baby corn on red and sweetcorn on the green/ee days, but I guess its not a huge crime if a few show up on your plate on a red day :p. Also what day will you be weighing in hun ? Kay xx

Thanks Hun! Gonna have a proper look through tonight and write my shopping list!

I'm weigh in this Monday and so I've got a weeks worth of results I'll weigh in next Monday too xx

Hi Kay .
so I'm just gonna do a few sample menus to see if I've got my head round this.

green
B- fruit , yog or synned items(cereal bar/ toast)
l- pasta salad/ soup/ omelette and beans/ rice salad/ quorn chilli/ bean chilli / veggie curry
T- boiled egg/ cheese/ lentils/cottage cheese with main meal salad

red
B- fruit , yog or synned items
l- cooked meats, pickles, carrots toms.
t- steak, fish, chicken with main meal salad

Plenty of fruit and free veg.

hope this makes sense xx

Hi Kay .
so I'm just gonna do a few sample menus to see if I've got my head round this.

green
B- fruit , yog or synned items(cereal bar/ toast)
l- pasta salad/ soup/ omelette and beans/ rice salad/ quorn chilli/ bean chilli / veggie curry
T- boiled egg/ cheese/ lentils/cottage cheese with main meal salad

red
B- fruit , yog or synned items
l- cooked meats, pickles, carrots toms.
t- steak, fish, chicken with main meal salad

Plenty of fruit and free veg.

hope this makes sense xx

Woohoo ! You got it in one ! :D All checked and compatible with the guidelines. Make sure you add nas squash to your shopping list, fizzy pop is not part of the 2Litre water you have to drink, stock up on on green tea too, that will be fab for you hun xx

Name - Hel8
Cycle - Get fit
Weigh in - Wednesday

Hello hun, will you be happy to weigh on Monday on your home scales so you can be on the challenge for 7 days ? I know your weigh in day is Wed, but that will only give you 3 days on the challenge ? The other option is, you can do it for 9 days and that will take you to the following Wednesday ?

Kay xx

Hi Kay.
My weigh in day is still Thursday @ 5.30pm.

So looking forward to this. Good luck everyone. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Suzy, just wanted to check if you are happy to weigh at home on Monday so you can do the challenge for 7 days, I know your weigh in day is Thursday but that will only give you 4 days on the challenge. Let me know what you decide hun.

Kay xx

UPDATED LIST OF PARTICPANTS :D

THE GET FIT CYCLE

Name / Weigh In day / Number of days on Challenge

Cloudy6 / Monday / 7 days
Hel8 / Monday / 7 days
KittyO / Monday / 7 days
NotsofattyPatty / Monday / 7 days

THE TURBO CYCLE

Name / Weigh In day / Number of days on Challenge

Cavegirl13 / Monday / 7 days
Cheesethief / Monday / 7 days
Kay003 / Monday / 7 days
Mariavon / Monday / 7 days
Upndown / Monday / 7 days

If your name is not on the list, that means I am waiting for a reply from you, to my message or post, either whether you want to join the challenge or not, or which cycle you have decided to do, or what day you have decided to weigh in. If you would like the benefit of the full 7 days on the challenge, then you will have to weigh at home next Monday :). As soon as I receive a post from you on this thread with your reply, I will update your names to the list :p.

Kay xx

Last edited:
Answer to your questions -

1) on Red Days there are NO CARBS allowed apart from the ones in your syns/treat cals . On Green/EE days you can have one meal in the day with carbs.

2) Yes its definitely better to break it down, I will be doing 2 lots of 30 mins on the Turbo Cycle but you can also do 4 lots of 15 mins, as long as you do the total amount by the end of the day. It's the same with The Get Fit Cycle, you don't have to do your exercise all in one go, you can do 2 lots of 15mins.

Hope this helps.

Kay xx

Thanks Kay - I misread the spreadsheet - re-read it after reading ur answer = silly me!

Woohoo ! You got it in one ! :D All checked and compatible with the guidelines. Make sure you add nas squash to your shopping list, fizzy pop is not part of the 2Litre water you have to drink, stock up on on green tea too, that will be fab for you hun xx

Thanks Kay. Just wanted to get my head round it. Also is everything else that's free on red/green days (except carbs ) ok? What bout yogs and cottage cheese? I'm already stocked up on my green tea and have cordial all ready in school. What bout heA's bad HeB's ?

I'm going to join you all in this.:)
It will be interesting to see if it works while following another eating plan.

Name - Cavegirl13
Cycle You Want to start - The Turbo Cycle
Day of weigh in - Monday

Just one question---- Can we have sparkling water with our no added sugar squash?

Ok hun, glad to have you on board :) . The Get Fit Cycle is normally the one to get started on, The Turbo Cycle should be done once you have a couple of challenges under your belt or if you are at a fitness level where you are exercising 3-4 times a week for an hour each day . The Turbo Cycle will require you to exercise 5 days a week for 1 hour and you are only allowed 2 carb days and you need to drink 3 litres of water a day minimum. If you still feel up for it, then I'm more than happy to put you down for it hun.

Also sparkling water is not allowed on this challenge, sorry hun, but if you really must then no more than 2 glasses a day. :)

Kay xx

Last edited:
Thanks Kay. Just wanted to get my head round it. Also is everything else that's free on red/green days (except carbs ) ok? What bout yogs and cottage cheese? I'm already stocked up on my green tea and have cordial all ready in school. What bout heA's bad HeB's ?

Hex a's are calcium and are all fine, milk and cheese, yogurts are fine too (all low fat or fat free ofcourse). It's hex b's that contain carbs, so need to be careful what you pick from them. On green days, you can have your hexb's on red days you will have to syn them. Hope this helps :).

Kay xx

I've been walking for an hour or more for 3 years nearly every day.I'm looking forward to the rest days already as I don't usually have one.;)
I will just have water with my squash.No sparkling water will save me some money.:)

Oh fab ! :p Yay ! welcome to The Turbo Cycle, looking forward to kicking some butt ! :D xx

Hi Kay, I've no problem weighing in on the Monday x

Fab Helen, thanks for getting back to me, will add your details :p xx

I can't believe the amount of work you're putting into setting this up, Kay. Thank you but please, don't overdo things will you?

Aww thanks Patty, your all so kind ;), I love achieving goals with others, so much more fun and motivating than going it alone. I'm the energizer bunny, just like the pic in my avatar :p, never run out of steam me ! :D hehe

Kay xx

Kay, you're a star. :clap: :0clapper:

You've put an incredible amount of work into this thread.

Thanks a lot xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back