NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck on your challenge ladies, sorry I can't join you all. Enjoy :)

Aww thanks RR :) for your good wishes, hope you have a super week too ! :D

Kay xx

Kay, you're a star. :clap: :0clapper:

You've put an incredible amount of work into this thread.

Thanks a lot xxxx

Thank u Kitty ;) your all very welcome. Hope we all go on to having some super losses ! :D

Kay xx

Whoa, kay should make this into a book, what a lovely amount of hard work!

Well duh I'm definitely joining in! Got 7lbs to lose to get my four stone award :)

Lauren
turbo girl all the way!
Friday 9.30am

See you all in the cabbage patch on Monday ;)

Sent from my D5503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Another question (sorry to bug u Kay - no rush for answer!) on Red days do we leave out the Healthy Extra B's? Just wondering if we cd have the nuts - as they're very low in carbs :rolleyes:

Whoa, kay should make this into a book, what a lovely amount of hard work!

Well duh I'm definitely joining in! Got 7lbs to lose to get my four stone award :)

Lauren
turbo girl all the way!
Friday 9.30am

See you all in the cabbage patch on Monday ;)

Yay ! She's back ! :D Gonna add your name to the list hun, just updating it now. If you have any questions about the challenge, feel free to ask me on here, although I know your a pro at it from last time :p ! I'm doing my salad shopping today at Asda, we have to drink 3 litres a day for The Turbo Cycle so going to get some nas squash too and lots of Green Tea :) . Hope your all set for the challenge !

Kay xx

Another question (sorry to bug u Kay - no rush for answer!) on Red days do we leave out the Healthy Extra B's? Just wondering if we cd have the nuts - as they're very low in carbs :rolleyes:

Hi hun, your not bothering me, I want the questions to keep coming so your all sure about the challenge :) . On green/ee days you can have your hexb's, on red you have to syn them. I know in SW hexb's on red are ment to be taken, but this is a very low carb challenge and you will be getting plenty of fibre from the salads, fruit and veg, especially if you are doing The Turbo Cycle where you are eating salad twice a day. There are only 2 carb days on The Turbo Cycle. If you need more flexibility with carbs then The Get Fit cycle has more green/ee days where you can eat more of them. You can have the nuts on red, but they will have to be syned and on the green days you can have them as a hexb, hope this helps hun ;).

Kay xx

UPDATED LIST OF PARTICPANTS :D SUN 29/06/2014

THE GET FIT CYCLE

Name / Weigh In day / Number of days on Challenge

Cloudy6 / Monday / 7 days
Hel8 / Monday / 7 days
KittyO / Monday / 7 days
NotsofattyPatty / Monday / 7 days

THE TURBO CYCLE

Name / Weigh In day / Number of days on Challenge

Cavegirl13 / Monday / 7 days
Cheesethief / Monday / 7 days
Kay003 / Monday / 7 days
Laurenypop / Friday / 5 days
Mariavon / Monday / 7 days
Upndown / Monday / 7 days

If your name is not on the list, that means I am waiting for a reply from you, to my message or post, either whether you want to join the challenge or not, or which cycle you have decided to do, or what day you have decided to weigh in. If you would like the benefit of the full 7 days on the challenge, then you will have to weigh at home next Monday :). As soon as I receive a post from you on this thread with your reply, I will update your names to the list :p.

Kay xx

UPDATE :D SUN 29/06/2014

Monday Preparation - Your Shopping List !

Hi :), for those of you starting the challenge tomorrow, on Monday 30th June, please make sure you are well stocked up with your shopping, to start the challenge tomorrow. By the end of today you should have done some salad shopping ready to start the challenge. I have made a list below of the possible items that you may need for this challenge which I have mentioned in my thread, here is a quick recap to help you :-

Shopping List Items

- nas squash
- green teas / herbal teas
- salad items (cucumber, celery, lettuce etc etc to make your salads)
- lots of vegetables (no potatoes)
- fresh fruit
- salad seasonings / dried herbs - to add flavour to your salads
- LO SALT - 66% less sodium than normal salt
- salad dressings - low fat or fat free
- Bottled Water (if you don't drink tap)
- lean meats / poultry / fish
- beans and pulses
- tofu
- quorn
- low fat cheese
- low fat / fat free yogurts
- eggs

Please feel free to to add to the list and post your ideas on here, or share your shopping list of what you have bought, or tell us about a new product, we all need to inspire one another :D .

Kay xx

Meal Ideas :p SUN 29/06/2014

I normally shop from Asda. I mentioned in my thread that when I'm in a hurry I normally buy readymade salads. Most supermarkets have a fab range. If you are in a hurry and on the go you can also grab a SUBWAY SALAD too, that will be fine :), just remember to syn the dressings.

The salad bowl I normally buy from Asda for £1 is their Mediterranean Salad bowl. It goes really well with chicken or fish. To go with this salad I will buy the new range from Birds Eye called Inspirations Fish Chargrilled. They look really yummy, here are some pics :p :-

23042124_500000_IDShot_3.jpg 5000116109036_500000_IDShot_3.jpg5000116109043_500000_IDShot_3.jpg5000116109050_500000_IDShot_3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the great ideas Kay, those Birds eye fish inspirations look gorgeous, definitely going to have a look for them in the shops tomorrow.

You've put so much hard work into this challenge and it's not even started yet. Hope we manage to all do you proud. I'm really looking forward to getting started tomorrow now :) xxx

Thanks for the great ideas Kay, those Birds eye fish inspirations look gorgeous, definitely going to have a look for them in the shops tomorrow.

You've put so much hard work into this challenge and it's not even started yet. Hope we manage to all do you proud. I'm really looking forward to getting started tomorrow now :) xxx

Morning lovely :) . Aww thanks for your kind words . I'm excited about starting tomorrow too. Yep I saw the ad on tv and one of the girls at group mentioned them so defo going to try them out, their on my shopping list today :p. Have you had a chance to think about what salads your gonna be making in the week, or you gonna improvise as you go along ? xx

Hi everyone :) I'm going to be off now for a couple of hours, got to go Asda to do my salad shopping for the challenge tomorrow and then will be going for lunch with my Sis in the afternoon. I will be back on later to reply to your posts. Hope you all have a fab Sunday :p.

Kay xx

Morning lovely :) . Aww thanks for your kind words . I'm excited about starting tomorrow too. Yep I saw the ad on tv and one of the girls at group mentioned them so defo going to try them out, their on my shopping list today :p. Have you had a chance to think about what salads your gonna be making in the week, or you gonna improvise as you go along ? xx

I've already planned tomorrows menu so let me know what you think -

Breakfast - Liberte yoghurt with fruit - 1 syn
Lunch - Morrisons salad bar - lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, grated carrot, tomatoes, kidney beans, feta cheese (hexa), olives (1 syn) - 1 syn
Snack - Grapes
Tea - Mediterranean salad with Birds eye fish inspirations
Snack - Sugar free jelly, mango smoothie lolly - 3.5 syns
Total - 5.5 syns

I'm not planning every day out yet because a lot of the time what I eat depends on what I fancy. Reckon I'll just be nipping to the shop after work each day to stock up, looking forward to a nice jacket potato on the 2 green/EE days though!

Have a lovely time with your sis xxxx

Hi hun, your not bothering me, I want the questions to keep coming so your all sure about the challenge :) . On green/ee days you can have your hexb's, on red you have to syn them. I know in SW hexb's on red are ment to be taken, but this is a very low carb challenge and you will be getting plenty of fibre from the salads, fruit and veg, especially if you are doing The Turbo Cycle where you are eating salad twice a day. There are only 2 carb days on The Turbo Cycle. If you need more flexibility with carbs then The Get Fit cycle has more green/ee days where you can eat more of them. You can have the nuts on red, but they will have to be syned and on the green days you can have them as a hexb, hope this helps hun ;).

Kay xx

Brill thanks again Kay - all sorted now - plan for week one tick - just waiting for the morning - bet everyone's getting excited now - let's go for it yay!!

Hi everyone :) I'm going to be off now for a couple of hours, got to go Asda to do my salad shopping for the challenge tomorrow and then will be going for lunch with my Sis in the afternoon. I will be back on later to reply to your posts. Hope you all have a fab Sunday :p.

Kay xx

Woo-woo to shopping for the challenge - then enjoy lunch with ur sis xx

I'm gonna do some shopping tomorroe as my legs are absolutely dead!! Everything hurts, muscles need to recover!! :)

Got plenty of fruit and bought some snack pots from £ land today so gonna chop stuff up and pot it all up for tomorrow :p much easier to snack on fruit when it's presented nicely! :p

I drink loose green tea so got plenty of that ready to infuse!

All I have planned for tomorrow is the fruit for brekkie, omelette for lunch and salmon and salad for dinner. Need to do a bit of googling to find some more ideas :) might syn some smash to go with dinner as I'm not in a junk food syn mood anyway!

Can I just clarify: is everything listed on the HExB lists a no-no on Red days unless Synned ie including dried/cooked fruits, EVOL etc?

Also, given that a small portion of carbs is allowed on the Green/EE days, would you recommend a suitable portion size would be the Red day HEx allowance? I'm thinking here of potato, pasta etc.

Thanks for your time on this.

Hello lovely :), sure you can, I will be doing it for 2 weeks so will join you the following Monday :p. If you have any questions to do with the challenge, feel free to ask me.

Kay xx

I will be starting it a week on Monday as well.

Sent from my D2303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back