NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already planned tomorrows menu so let me know what you think -

Breakfast - Liberte yoghurt with fruit - 1 syn
Lunch - Morrisons salad bar - lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, grated carrot, tomatoes, kidney beans, feta cheese (hexa), olives (1 syn) - 1 syn
Snack - Grapes
Tea - Mediterranean salad with Birds eye fish inspirations
Snack - Sugar free jelly, mango smoothie lolly - 3.5 syns
Total - 5.5 syns

I'm not planning every day out yet because a lot of the time what I eat depends on what I fancy. Reckon I'll just be nipping to the shop after work each day to stock up, looking forward to a nice jacket potato on the 2 green/EE days though!

Have a lovely time with your sis xxxx

That looks like a perfect Day 1 Bev :p your spot on. Jacket for the 2 Green/EE days is fine for one meal, the other meal will be carb free. I forgot about Morrisions Salad Bar, should add that to the thread , thanks for that :D .

Kay xx

The fish looks so yummy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

After all that I forgot to pick it up in my shop :rolleyes: nevermind will go again in the week, defo want to try them out, they look so yummy in the TV ad Vonnie :p.

Kay xx

Is it ok to have quinoa Kay?

Hi hun, that's a good questions. Quinoa contains carbs like couscous and rice and pasta but a lot less. There are 3 different varieties in the market as follows :-

untitled.png untitled11.jpg untitled12.jpg

It's the black and red variety that are lower in carbs so you can use them for this challenge but not the one in the first pic which I believe is the regular one that people buy and is higher in carbs. The red and black variety is also sold in supermarkets. Hope this helps hun ;).

Kay xx

I'm gonna do some shopping tomorroe as my legs are absolutely dead!! Everything hurts, muscles need to recover!! :)

Got plenty of fruit and bought some snack pots from £ land today so gonna chop stuff up and pot it all up for tomorrow :p much easier to snack on fruit when it's presented nicely! :p

I drink loose green tea so got plenty of that ready to infuse!

All I have planned for tomorrow is the fruit for brekkie, omelette for lunch and salmon and salad for dinner. Need to do a bit of googling to find some more ideas :) might syn some smash to go with dinner as I'm not in a junk food syn mood anyway!

Sent from my D5503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm not surprised your shattered hun after running 17 miles yesterday :eek:, if anyone is allowed a bit of carbs, surely its you :D lol, you can have some smash but quite rightly you must syn it for the challenge :). Loving the sound of the pots you've bought from pounland, they should come in handy for storing your salads . Your food plan for tomorrow sounds perfect, just remember on The Turbo Cycle, you have to have salad twice a day, so salad to go with your omelette and then salad to go with your salmon in the evening, got to pack that fibre in, all the good green stuff :p. Hope you've got your 3 litres of water on the ready too ! ;)

Kay xx

Can I just clarify: is everything listed on the HExB lists a no-no on Red days unless Synned ie including dried/cooked fruits, EVOL etc?

Also, given that a small portion of carbs is allowed on the Green/EE days, would you recommend a suitable portion size would be the Red day HEx allowance? I'm thinking here of potato, pasta etc.

Thanks for your time on this.

Hi Patty :) just going to answer your questions in order ...

1) I've checked the hexb list for red days again, breads, cereals, cereal bars and crispbreads are definitely a no no, but the dried fruit is one item that you can have, make sure you measure them to the hexb quantity. If you fancy any other hexb on a red day from the list, you will have to syn them.

2) That would be a good idea just to help monitor portion size. On the Green days in The Get Fit Cycle you are allowed carbs in one of your meals for the day. Even if you don't use the hexb's as a guide to measure portions, as long as you know you are not piling on plates of pasta and rice, you can use your own judgment for a sensible size portion.

Hope this helps hun ;) .

Kay xx

I will be starting it a week on Monday as well.

Sent from my D2303 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yay ! :D Looking forward to you joining us the following week too Carol .

Kay xx

Something I have just thought of.:)
I have veg with my main meal do I have some salad as well or not have the veg?

Hi hun :), for The Turbo Cycle we have to have salad twice a day, so if your having veg with your meal then salad will go with it. Your plate should be packed with fibre, all the veg and salad is gonna be super good for you lovely :D.

Kay xx

Hello I won't be doing the challenge this week but I am posting in here to give you my support. I wish you all good luck with starting the challenge tomorrow. I will be looking for some inspiration and I'm sure you will all do brilliant xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi hun, that's a good questions. Quinoa contains carbs like couscous and rice and pasta but a lot less. There are 3 different varieties in the market as follows :-

View attachment 144208 View attachment 144209 View attachment 144210

It's the black and red variety that are lower in carbs so you can use them for this challenge but not the one in the first pic which I believe is the regular one that people buy and is higher in carbs. The red and black variety is also sold in supermarkets. Hope this helps hun ;).

Kay xx

Brilliant.... I have red quinoa here. I also have one mixed with couscous but I'll leave that in the cupboard this week ;-) Thanks Kay.

Hello I won't be doing the challenge this week but I am posting in here to give you my support. I wish you all good luck with starting the challenge tomorrow. I will be looking for some inspiration and I'm sure you will all do brilliant xx Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Cheryl , it will always be good to see you :)

Just found this now, absolutely count me in Kay!! I think I have enough in to get me through work and I can stock up later!

Name: sus_murf
Cycle: get fit
Weigh day: Monday

I hope I don't regret this!!!

Yay ! I got u ! Did u get my pm I sent to you lovely ? :p xx

Hi Kay !
Am I right in thinking that the cycle I'm going to do goes green ,red , green red?

I certainly did!! And trust me, I really need this - I've spent the last 6 or 8 weeks up and down like a yo yo.

Your losses have been brill hun, if I hadn't had my op, I'd give you a run for your money , were both trying to get out of the 11's :D lol . I'm so happy your doing this, I really hope you have a smashing loss at the end of the 7 days ! If you have any questions about the challenge, feel free to post them on here hun and I will do my best to reply to them. Hope you had a lovely weekend and good luck on the challenge ! :p

Kay xx

Hi Kay !
Am I right in thinking that the cycle I'm going to do goes green ,red , green red?

Nope :p here it is hun for The Get Fit Cycle

Day 1 - RED
Day 2 - GREEN
Day 3 - RED
Day 4 - GREEN
Day 5 - RED
Day 6 - GREEN
Day 7 - RED

Kay xx

Sounds good actually - mariavonyoyo!!

lol :D smurfy she's lost 8 stone, we call her Super Vonic :superwoman: she has super powers lol xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back