NEW Kays Salad Challenge - APRIL to SEPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yest didn't go to plan so messed up the challenge now - good luck to the rest of u for the last 2 days xx

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Lindaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! :D

The bunny demands you come back ! :patback:

You have not messed up anything hun. Having a day or two off plan will not wipe out the 4 days of goodness that has gone inside your body. You have done 4 brill days on the challenge, and on Turbo mind you, there is still Sunday to go, so you can have another day on plan and pull back on syns, drink loads of water and I bet you will still see a loss :), it has happened in the past with others too. I won't force you, see how you feel at the end of the day hun, but my advice is, its till worth fighting for :D.

Kay xx

Right, yesterdays challenge day went like this....

1.Date: Friday 26/09/14
2.Cycle : Get Fit
3. Day of Challenge: 5
4. Plan: Red
5. Fluids: Wasn't actually counting but would have been well over the 2litres of water/squash/green tea
6. Carbs: None
7. Exercise: Walk around town, short walk in the park and then a wander through the market. Not very fast moving though as was feeling pretty rubbish.
8. Total syns: Oops can't remember if I had any at all, didn't have chocolate last night, so possibly 2 for options
9. SALAD: Lettuce varieties, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, ham, HEX B cheddar grated, pickled onions and fat free dressing

View attachment 154627

1.Date: Saturday 27/09/14
2.Cycle : Get Fit
3. Day of Challenge: 6
4. Plan: EE
5. Fluids: 2 litres already, plus two green teas and whatever else I drink today
6. Carbs: Small amount of pasta later with bolognese sauce and veg
7. Exercise: Still not feeling that great but have done another walk today, for about an hour and a quarter
8. Total syns: 1 extra light mayo, 2 Options, 4.5 later for chocolate
9. SALAD: Lots of lettuce, grated carrot, raw mushroom, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, ham, cottage cheese and extra light mayo.

View attachment 154628

I've not been very adventurous with salads this week, due to time constraints and latterly not feeling very good due to bad totm but have still enjoyed them. Am glad that tonight I'm allowed a small amount of pasta as feeling the need for something a little more 'solid' in my tum. :)

Well done L :D, you've done a fabulous 2 days ! Your salad pics look super yummy to me, don't know what you mean by not adventurous ? :p Well done on hitting all your targets. You've had a tough week with TOTM, but have still stuck to the plan, so hats off to you for not caving into any cravings :D. Only one more day to go now, woohoo ! :) I can't wait to see how you have done on Monday :p. Good luck for day 7, hope you do super ! xx

I was supposed to post this yesterday for today but here it is incase you all want to check :).

Kay xx

UPDATE - for SAT 27/09/2014 - DAY 6 OF CHALLENGE :)

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 6

Today is a GREEN/EE day. You are allowed one carb meal and the other meal must be your carb free Salad Maincourse in the day. Today you must do 30 mins of exercise minimum. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 6

Today is a GREEN/EE day. You are allowed one carb meal with a side salad and the other must be a carb free Salad Maincourse.. Today you must exercise for 1 hour. 3 Litres of water to drink min and max. 10 syns allowed if you need them.

SAT 27/09/14
UPDATE - THE SOUP CHALLENGE
:D

Hi everyone :p,

Just a quick update from me. I have received a few pm's from some members regarding the guidelines for the new Soup Challenge and what to expect ? I understand that there is only 2 days between the challenge starting now. I have been working on the thread this week and have decided to stick with a similar format to the Salad one. Quite a few reasons for doing this. I feel it will be easier for people to switch over because its a format everybody is used to and understands and the format works, so I didn't want to reinvent the wheel so to speak. However there will be areas that are specific to The Soup Challenge, and it is important that you read the guidelines fully and understand them once they go up tomorrow.

The new Soup Thread will be up tomorrow. I will be posting the link to it tomorrow on here as well. If you have any questions regarding the challenge, I will only be able to answer them tomorrow as I am still trying to wrap it up today. Hope your all ready to kick some butt on Monday ! :D Speak soon.

Kay xx

Last edited:
THE SOUP CHALLENGE !!! :D:D:D

2 DAYS TO GO !!!:eek::eek::eek::p:p:p

ARE YOU READY ??? :gimi::gimi::gimi:

STARTING ON MONDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER !!! :party0049::party0049::party0049:

If you would like to participate please start adding your names now and copy paste this post. (The new thread will be up on Sunday 28th September so you can read the new guidelines) :D :-

NAMES OF PARICIPANTS : :p ( ) to be confirmed

- (ANJU100)
- Bethanie
- Clokeybear

- Cloudy6
- Charleybar
- Coughdrops
- CRD

- DAISYBELL18
- Happynanna
- Hel8

- KAY003
- (Mariavon)
- SJB
- (Still Slimming Suzy)

- Upndown

Last edited:
Yes please!

Okie tokie, I am signing off mins now as I am working on the Soup thread in the background. I will be back on here in the morning to catch up on your Day 6 posts . I am posting up the schedule for DAY 7 in advance. Good luck to all of you for the last day of the challenge. Remember it must be a RED day on both cycles, drink plenty of water and today is a REST DAY on both cycles too. Hope you all do super on your last day, make it count and eat loads of fibre, keep the syns, low low low ! :D

Kay xx

UPDATE - for SUN 28/09/2014 - DAY 7 - LAST DAY OF CHALLENGE :clap:

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 7

Today is a RED Day. No carbs are allowed. You must have protein and fibre in your meals. You must eat Salad as one of your maincourse for the day. Today is a Rest Day, no exercise.. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 7

Today is a RED day. No carbs are allowed. You must eat protein and fibre only. You must have one side salad and one as a maincourse today. Today is a Rest Day, no exercise. 3 Litres of water to drink min and max. 7 syns allowed maximum

Last edited:
Going to take today as a day off I think. I'm still sw friendly but I can't face a salad for my tea and I had carbs for lunch. It's a shame as I wanted to see the 7 days through but life's too short to be grumpy and eat bad food!
I've done the exercise and water bit though. Do I still post a summary thing?
I dont think I'm cut out for a salad challenge lol. Might take a week off challenges and see about this soup challenge, much more my thing :-D xx

Going to take today as a day off I think. I'm still sw friendly but I can't face a salad for my tea and I had carbs for lunch. It's a shame as I wanted to see the 7 days through but life's too short to be grumpy and eat bad food!
I've done the exercise and water bit though. Do I still post a summary thing?
I dont think I'm cut out for a salad challenge lol. Might take a week off challenges and see about this soup challenge, much more my thing :-D xx

Hello lovely, popped back especially for you, real quick :p, nope you don't have to post today hun, you deserve a break and a day off :) and well done for not going off the rails and keeping up with the exercise and water today, that will help you with those scales on Monday :D. Tomorrow is the last day of the challenge and the most important one. Try and make it a good one. Good luck for day 7 , one last salad Rosie, go on you can do it ! :D xx

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Lindaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! :D

The bunny demands you come back ! :patback:

You have not messed up anything hun. Having a day or two off plan will not wipe out the 4 days of goodness that has gone inside your body. You have done 4 brill days on the challenge, and on Turbo mind you, there is still Sunday to go, so you can have another day on plan and pull back on syns, drink loads of water and I bet you will still see a loss :), it has happened in the past with others too. I won't force you, see how you feel at the end of the day hun, but my advice is, its till worth fighting for :D.

Kay xx
Today was a lovely day but not on plan - will try 2moro but we're eating out for lunch. Think I'll pass on the soup challenge next week as I think it'll be tough enough to try to stick. Will join a future challenge when I've sorted my dieting head out!! Thx again for all ur hard work and good luck to u all on the last day of the challenge!

Hello lovely, popped back especially for you, real quick :p, nope you don't have to post today hun, you deserve a break and a day off :) and well done for not going off the rails and keeping up with the exercise and water today, that will help you with those scales on Monday :D. Tomorrow is the last day of the challenge and the most important one. Try and make it a good one. Good luck for day 7 , one last salad Rosie, go on you can do it ! :D xx

You put so much work into these challenges Kay and I want to say thank you! You're so dedicated and I for one have appreciated all your support this week, regardless of what my scales say on Monday!
Eating at OH's parents tomorrow eve. They did fruit salad for pud last time and his mum knows I am on sw so I'm hoping I can leave any carbs, maximise meat & veg and I am determined to hunt out a salad for my lunch! Fingers crossed Doncaster tomoro is healthier than Rotherham today. Hope everyone has a fab day 7 xx

Really looking forward to this soup challenge :D. Thanks Kay for all your hard work x

UPDATE - SUN 28/09/2014 :D

Just a quick update from me. The Salad Challenge thread will be closing down after the results go up on Monday for this week :). Say bye bye to salads, I will be reopening this thread again in April 2015, when we will be back on salads for 6 months :p. Well done to everyone that took part in The Salad Challenge since it started, you all have done remarkable and I hope you enjoy the new winter challenge just as much.

Well here it is, The NEW Soup Challenge !!! :party0011::party0011::party0011:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams-challenges/346121-new-kays-soup-challenge-oct-mar.html

Looking forward to all of us losing lots and lots more pounds ! :D

Kay xx

Aww thank you everyone for your lovely comments ;) . I'm just going to update my post for yesterday, day 6 and today day 7, sorry no pics, was very busy :) (I had day 5 of the challenge as day off so no post). How have you all got on today ? :D

Kay xx

1. DATE: SAT 27/09/14
2. CYCLE : The Turbo Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY 6
4. PLAN: GREEN DAY
5. WATER INTAKE: 3 Litres
6. CARBS TODAY: NONE
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 1 Hour Walking
8. TOTAL SYNS: 6 (protein shake 5, olives 1)
9. SALAD 1: small green salad with olives and cherry tomatoes / SALAD 2: Quorn Chicken Tikka Salad with Florette Crispy Salad

1.DATE: SUN 28/09/2014
2.CYCLE : The Turbo Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Day 7
4. PLAN: RED DAY
5. WATER INTAKE: 3 Litres (0.5L to go)
6. CARBS TODAY: NONE
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: Rest Day
8. TOTAL SYNS: 6 (protein shake 5, olives 1)
9. SALAD 1: Omelette with side green salad / SALAD 2 : Chargrilled Chicken with green salad and olives.

UPDATE - SUN 28/09/2014

THOSE OF YOU WEIGHING TOMORROW FOR YOUR RESULTS, PLEASE READ THIS ;)

What To Expect From Your Results

Just a quick word from me about your weigh in results every Monday. Please be aware that although we are all doing the same challenge, our bodies work differently and results may vary. The last time we did this challenge we had losses varying from 1lb to 5.5lbs in one week. Please do not feel disheartened if you have not lost as much as the next person, remember we are all different. I cannot guarantee how much each person will lose, not even for myself but I do know if you stick with it you will see a loss. If your result is not as much as you were hoping for, please remember that the number on the scale is not the only thing that is important. There are other factors that can affect your losses like TOTM, all these things should also be taken into consideration. Also you may see good inch losses even if you don't achieve a big number on the scale. The other huge benefit of doing this challenge is the goodness you are giving your body with all the fibre, exercise and water, the health benefits are huge. Some people (like myself) take 2 weeks for the loss to show up, our body sometimes is playing catch up with us. I have had weeks in the past where I have been really good on plan but the scales have not moved but the following week it catches up and its a good number. There are some lucky people where the loss shows up in the same week, we are all different.

So moral of the story is, please don't use the number to measure your Success on the challenge, there are so many other positives that you will come away with, which you must applaud and celebrate for yourself :clap: . I want everyone to be happy on results day :p (which is Mondays on this challenge ), if I see any doom and gloom faces :(, you'll get a flying kick from the bunny :asskick: ! You've all been warned ! :D:D:D

Kay xx

UPDATE - SUN 28/09/2014

All of you who are weighing tomorrow morning, please can you confirm back to me if I have your details correct for the results spreadsheet tomorrow. Thank you.

Kay xx

NAME / NUMBER OF DAYS ON CHALLENGE

Cloudy6 - 6
Rosiepops - 5
Hel8 - 7
Kay003 - 6
Sammyanth - 4
Still Slimming Suzy - 7
Upndown - 4

Last edited:
UPDATE - SUN 28/09/2014

Reporting your results tomorrow :)

Please can you all make sure you have posted your loss and achievements by 11am tomorrow. I did send a pm to you all about this, but this is just a quick reminder, because I will need time to collate all the data and do the spreadsheet. If anyone reports their loss in the evening then I will not be able to add their loss to the spreadsheet till the evening :rolleyes: so please bare this in mind . Thanks everyone. :)

Kay xx

UPDATE - SUN 28/09/2014

THE RESULTS SPREADSHEET FOR TOMORROW

ACHIEVEMENTS AFTER THE CHALLENGE :p

In the results spreadsheet which I will post up tomorrow with the group loss, there is a section on `Achievements after The Salad Challenge ' . When you report your losses to me tomorrow morning, please be aware we are not just celebrating the loss but also if you have entered a new stone bracket or if the loss has made you achieve a new stone award. Please make sure you mention this in the morning with your figure, this is very important :).

Kay xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back