New Life, New Journey, New ME- New Goal !

Hi Cookie. Glad you like my baby :)
Unfortunately your friend will come up against riding school rules. Alot of them have a cut off limit which is often 14 or 15 st. Many horses can carry more weight than this, especially if it muscle rather than fat, but I suppose it can be a bit hard carrying learner riders as they can be a bit bouncy.
My OH was turned down by a woman at a riding school as being too heavy when she was at least 4 stone heavier !!!.
He could try asking all the riding schools in the area, or he could fib about his weight :p

Hi Farmgirl! Congrats on your weightloss! That's really fantastic. You are so strong, and I admire that. Your foal is absolutely gorgeous! :)
Glad you found the pandora-style necklace. Yes, the beads are absolutely gorgeous and there is such a big variety too. (get most of mine from Ebay).
Anyway, hope you have a good evening. :D

Hi Farmgirl, how are you doing? Just wanted to make sure you're ok. Hope to hear from you soon. :)

hiya, just read your diary. its brill and really boosted me for today. are you doing ok this week?

Hi Folks, and thanks for the lovely comments :)
Its been quite a hard week mainly because my OH is home (stressful), and because I feel so tired all the time.
There is so much going on in my head that I can't sleep, plus the low calories I am struggling.
I had my first little cheat yesterday as I stole 2 mouthfuls of lamb from a joint my OH had cooked. I had my brother and his wife up for a few days and we had been to a steam rally had been on my feet for 6 hrs. My hip and back were hurting and I was surrounded by country fair type food and, though I resisted, it was with much grumbling and mumbling :eek:
The smell from the joint was gorgeous so I gobbled 2 mouthfuls quick. They were yummy, and I stopped after that and, as it was just meat, it shouldn't kick me out of ketosis. The worst thing was that within 10 mins I had bad indigestion so obviously crime doesn't pay !!!:D
Oh well.
Apart from that I have been good and, so far, it looks like I will have lost 3lb which I believe is ok for 3rd week so will wait for wed weigh-in to see.
I have been trying the bars and like them lots but I haven't been doing too well on the drinking water :eek:
I feel a bit hungrier and wondered if that might be the bars reminding my stomach what food is like ??
I have to admit to being in a bit of a state as I have 17 more days before I leave my farm and OH(ex !!) and start my new life in my little cottage. I am SOOOO looking forward to it but I have so much to do (cleaning, decorating, packing, moving me and my horses), in so little time, with no help and no energy :(
Today I stayed in bed hiding from the world, but will get back on with it all tomorrow.
Sorry to moan :eek:
Ooh forgot to say that I hid myself from my brother, his wife, and my OH by wearing baggy clothes, then, yesterday, wore my size 14 jeans (that haven't fitted for 4 yrs) and a slim fitting fleece jacket to go to the steam fair.
They were all really impressed and said lovely things so I was very happy :D
Good luck everyone xxx

aw good for you!! your new life sounds scary and exciting at the same time. i have 3 kids and a hubby and the thought of going into a gorg small cottage on my own sounds like bliss sometimes!!! good luck for wed weigh in!

Leave you alone for a little while, and look what you go and do? (Lose massive amounts of weight!) Wrapt for you, keep up the good work!

good luck for today!!!

Well, its a mixed up sort of day :(
The good news is that, despite it being TOTM I lost 2lbs which, considering I swell up like a balloon, is pretty good going.
It is hard not to be a teensy bit disappointed as I am very much liking seeing the bigger losses of last 2 weeks but can't be greedy.
I am still doing SS but very much want to eat a roast chicken !!
The bad news is that my new arab foal has somehow hurt her leg in the night and has had to go to horsey hospital. There is a puncture wound to her 'ankle' joint so she has had to have a general anaesthetic whilst they flush it out with litres of saline and treat with intravenous anti biotics. It is quite a serious injury so I am a bit worried.
I am pretty fed up about it so, for the first time in 3 weeks had some coffee with milk (but it doesn't have the comforting effect without 2 spoons of sugar !)
Keep your fingers crossed for my wee foaly xxx

Sorry. Can't count today.
I actually lost 3 lb, not 2, which brings me down to 11st 7.
1 more lb and I will have reached my next mini target. :)

Hi Farmgirl, congrats on your weightloss! That's really great. I really hope your little foal is ok.
Take it easy. Will catch up soon.x

hey farmgirl, your doing amazing, a stone gone already AND already into your 14 jeans :) thats awesome!! hope your foal is better soon!x

I have a rule that a loss isn't allowed until it has shown on the scales for 2 days running and today is the second day my scales say 11st 6lbs which means I have just reached my next mini goal :D:D:D
I'm still sole source and not really struggling even though OH is still stressing me out, still cooking yummy food and putting cooking/food programmes on the tv.
Keeping busy really really helps, plus, coming on here and reading how everyone is getting on and I love watching the scales go down.:)
Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Hi Farmgirl,how are you doing? Well done for your weightloss. You are doing so well. I've also lost a stone now - finally!
Hope you're doing ok and that you're enjoying your weekend. Catch up soon. x

hey farmgirl, hows things??

Hi folks. Sorry I haven't been on much, my OH was home and he really stresses me out so I don't feel like chatting. I always check up on your diaries though, to see how you are getting on :)
He has gone abroad again and by the time he gets back, in 10 days, I will have finished my cottage, packed and moved and he will be out of my life :p
I have stayed SS apart from a couple more mouthfuls from a lamb joint he roasted. I am pretty sure he leaves it out in view so I will give in BUT I WON'T.
Tomorrow is my fourth weigh-in so fingers crossed :)
I am starting to think differently about my body. I have always hated it but am now deliberately trying to change my outlook.
Instead of using this diet to punish my body and force it into submission, I am thanking it for trying its best under difficult circumstances.
I am not sleeping well, am stressed, am not drinking enough, and am in severe pain from my back and hip but asking my body to keep me going enough to run the farm, drive 50 min to and from my cottage, decorate all day, pack and move all on very few cals.
I can feel my poor body struggling but it keeps going so I am treating it like a good friend, giving it hot baths, exfoliating it, giving it a day off tomorrow so I can have my hair done on massage chairs, and will prob give it (me) some chicken as a bit of a boost.
I am starting to get a strange hot, prickly feeling at the back of my neck when I stand up or go upstairs so a bit of chicken might help.
I have no worries about being able to SS again afterwards (but it is still a bit of a test :eek:).
I'll let you know how my weigh-in goes at 10am.
Good luck everyone xxx

Lost another 3 lbs which is great :D
Its also means I am just over half way to goal now so extra happy :D:D
If my weight loss carries on at 3 lbs a week I wil be quite content.
Next goal is to get below 11 st which will be MAJOR achievement !!! I am sitting at 11st 4 now so am starting to believe it may actually happen ??
I move in to my cottage next friday and it would have been nice to have been below 11 by then, sort of a new start, but I think that is too much to ask of my body just now so I will be hoping for 11st 1 next weigh-in.

wooohoooo!

Back