New MAY exercise challenge.

I just can't seem to find the time at the moment. I went friday and I am going tomorrow but that only leaves 2 more days til weigh in. I am not going to the gym wednesday because it's a full day at work on my feet all day so that leaves thurs. I get home just after 1 and need to pick the kids up at 3, I don't think thats leaving enough time to get there and back and have a shower. I'll try to go when dh gets in from work thurs and hope I have enough time for a shower before weigh in.

Roz x

Roz I am exhausted just reading about your week! LOL!! Sounds like you get quite a bit of exercise anyway in your day to day life!!

x

I am going to aim to do the walk I did today, which took 2 hours, 3 times a week. Next time I'll wear my pedometer thingy that sits beside all the other diet gadgets just to see how far & how many steps it is. I think it is roughly 8 miles.

To make up for being totally crap last week and missing all my training I am going every day this week - 7 hours.

Friend has suggested I try swimming instead of walking as that would be better for my knees, so I'm going to investigate the local swimming pool and see if they have any aqua aerobics classes. Can't do anything this week apart from walking as I'm in the office all day, but can try some swimming next week when I'm working at home again.:)

FT, swimming also works every muscle you have at once so it's fab exercise!!!

Hunca, 8 miles is awesome!!

Taz, you never do anything by halves :) try not to knacker yourself out, you must have a lot of energy!!

xx

I done 2 hours of karate and kickboxing last night and it was sooooooo hot! I've not gone tonight as I got home late and I'm not to crazy about the Tuesday class so I am going to do Monday (2 hours), Wednesday (1 hour), Thursday (2 hours) and Friday (1 hour) this week and next week. that way I am still making up for the lost time but not overdoing it.

I also got a rather unwelcome surprise last night! I have a kickboxing and a karate grading at the end of the month. The kickboxing grading is usually on the Friday night and the karate grading on the Saturday afternoon. I was told last night that they have moved the kickboxing grading to the Saturday morning which means I have them both on the same day!!!

Good luck with the grading Taz.

I went to the gym today but am finding it harder, probably because I can't there as often. I did 10 mins on the stepper, 10 mins treadmill on fast hill walking programme and only managed 10 on the cross trainer. I am getting faster on the cross trainer though so maybe thats why? I used to do of speed of 115ish but am now up to 128 and for the last minute I did 155. Also did my handweights but not the rower or sit ups because I couldn't get on the equipment. I always seem to go at busy times. Oh and I walked into town, only 15 min walk but it counts.

Roz x

You went and done your best, that is the main thing. This weather makes exercising and the motivation to do it so hard.

Having put on 2.5 pounds since last WI two weeks ago, I need to up my exercise but without damaging my knees any further.:( I'm going to start swimming next week when I'm not stuck in an office all day, and will look out some of my exercise dvds as low-impact aerobics might be better than brisk walking. I've got to do something to get back on track. At least I feel very positive this morning in spite of the weight gain and will go back on plan quite happily. I've even thrown away the remains of the white wine that were left over from Monday. :eek: But we came second in the quiz and have won a day out on a Sunseeker in the Solent in July so it can't be all bad:D

FT, how about a mini-trampoline? The bounce it gives you will absorb the impact rather than your knees.

Like the sound of the mini trampoline. My kids have a trampoline but I'm too afraid to go on incase I burst it cause they would be devastated & I would die of embarrasment. Instructions say up to 21 stone but I'm not taking any chances. Just back from my walk with the dog today. Took a different route today which was 3 miles. I put on my pedometer which has registered 6269 steps - not bad for an hours exercise.

ok thought I would join in on this one even though we are halfway through the month.

This is going to sound crap to you all lol but my challenge is to walk to school and back at least once a day, it only takes me 15 minutes each way but i've had a bit of a thing the last few years where I get panicky out on my own:eek::eek: but this week I have done it every day so far so fingers crossed i'll keep it up. Also I have bought an exercise bike so I aim to go on that for an hour 3 times a week to start with :)

If you saw the size of my boobs you'd know why I've only just stopped laughing at that suggestion!:rotflmao::D

Girlie, I have 34GG boobies :eek: and I use a mini tramp and run. I just have a super shock absorbing bra that defies gravity! LOL

x

Taz how was karate? I would love to learn it for self defense.

I am just back from my run and I am knackered! :) but feeling better for having done it

x

Taz how was karate? I would love to learn it for self defense.

x

Wednesday night was karate and last night was karate, self defense and kickboxing. It's always good but I find the self defense boring.

I find the karate and kickboxing is great structured exercise, I wouldn't be able to commit to the gym like I do to the MA's

Back