New me for 2014!

loving the picture...ok I really need to make this now, adding smash to my shopping list (lol don't have any at the mo) will try and make it at the end of the week. How many portions does it make smuffin ?

Kay xx

I think it depends what recipe you follow. I used this one and it only made that one pizza, which is fairly big, but thin. Also I checked the website and it said original smash is 2.5 syns for 100G, not 4 like the below states. And I didn't use passata, only puree. It made no sense to me to use both? Maybe someone knows why it includes both on the below.

Ingredients
Packet of Smash/Instant-Mash or Potatoes (free on Extra Easy & Green if no butter or milk is added - 4 Syns per 100g if on Original)
Tomato Puree
Passata (any brand without olive oil added)
Mixed Herbs
80g Low Fat Cheddar
Any syn free topping you care to throw on it.

Smash Version:
Mix Smash with boiled water until it reaches a doughy consistency.
(how thick you want the base determines how much to make).

Real Mash Version:
Boil 4/5 small or 2/3 large potatoes (peeled and cut into quarters). Any good mashing potatoes will do.
(how thick you want the base determines how many potatoes to cook).
Season to taste.
Cook until you can push a knife easily through potatoes.
Drain and mash until smooth and doughy (you may have to add a tiny bit of water to smooth it out but don't worry it will dry out).

Directions
Roll out mash base to the desired thickness and stick in the fridge for a few minutes while you turn on the oven to 200C/392F and have a cuppa.

After your cuppa:
  • Spray a baking tray with Frylight.
  • Take base out of the fridge (it should have firmed up a little bit) and slide the base on to the baking tray (tip: I find it easier turning the baking tray up-side-down, put it right over the base and flip).
  • Put in the oven (200C/392F) and cook until golden. Turn and cook the other side.
  • Add your Passata and Puree mix (it's syn free so as much or little as you wish).
  • Add any syn free topping to taste.
  • Sprinkle grated cheese and mixed herbs
  • Cook until cheese is nice and golden.

30 Day Shred starts today!! :)

10/02/2014 Red

Breakfast
Weetabix
Tangerine

Lunch
Turkey and seafood stick salad. Lots and lots of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, celery, cucumber, red onion, mushrooms.

Dinner
Mushroom and Bacon Omlette

Snacks
Tangerine
2 x Banana
Strawberry Mullerlight

Drinks
1 x Green tea
2 x Tea 1% Fat Milk
1 Litre of water

Healthy A 1% Fat Milk
Healthy A
Healthy B Weetabix
Healthy B

Syns Total 0!

Last edited:
Its a fitness DVD by Jillian Michaels who is (was?), the fitness instructor in The Biggest loser USA. If you type in 30 Day Shred on google images, you'll see lots of peoples before and after pictures. Its meant to tone you up a lot. I've seen a few people post about it on here, and newlou has day it and seen a difference, so I thought I would give it a go :D

Good luck with the 30 day shred Smuffin, I hope you enjoy it . How many tangerines have you eaten till now ? ....:p...they are good for you, full of vitamin c .

Kay xx

Thanks! Too many!! Lol. Grapes are my fave fruit but I'm avoiding them because they're high in sugar, so tangerines are my next fave and easy to grab on the go. :D

Its a fitness DVD by Jillian Michaels who is (was?), the fitness instructor in The Biggest loser USA. If you type in 30 Day Shred on google images, you'll see lots of peoples before and after pictures. Its meant to tone you up a lot. I've seen a few people post about it on here, and newlou has day it and seen a difference, so I thought I would give it a go :D

Thank you. I see what you mean now.x

Thanks guys. I have to wait till 6pm when I finish work to do it, Excited but scared too. Im not that fit at all. I can barely walk up the stairs without getting out of breath lol. My books just arrived, another thing Ill have to look through when Im done with the Shred.

Hello, how did the 30 day shred go? Hope it eases you in gently, I do a turbo fire one it's ace! Hope your well xx

The shred was surprisingly fun... ok it nearly killed me!!! Lol. Ended up showering after and going straight to bed. Just had no energy left at all. But it was fun and I think level 1 is manageable for 10 days. Plus went on the scales this morning (I know i know, naughty me as not due to way in till Sat).. and said I've lost 1/4 of a pound so i'm feeling positive this week for a change.

11/02/2014 Red

Breakfast
35G Weetabix Crunchy Bran 1% Fat Milk
Banana

Lunch
Chicken salad.

Dinner
Extra lean pork burgers. 60G Wholemeal roll. Big salad :D

Snacks
2 x Tangerine
Strawberry mullerlight
Cake in a cup 2 Syns

Drinks
1 x Green tea
3 x Tea 1% Fat Milk
1 Litre water

Healthy A 1% Fat Milk
Healthy A
Healthy B 35G Weetabix Crunchy Bran
Healthy B 60G Wholemeal roll

Syns Total 2

Last edited:
Hi Smuffin , well done on starting the 30 day shred. Rather you than me :p . I'm sure the results of your hard work will pay off on your weigh on Saturday hun :) . Hope your having a lovely day.

Kay xx

Hiya Kay. Thanks! I've not got around to writing on anyones diaries or anything, sorry! Works crazy at the moment, struggling to find time to fill my own diary in, but make sure I do as I think without writing it all down I'll go off track.

Day 2 of the shred over, was a little bit better today, still felt like I was going to die, but not so much :D

Didn't get up till 10.30 today which is late for me! Was in a hurry to fit in breakfast and prepare my lunch to have during work, but managed to do both!

12/02/2014 Red

Breakfast
2 x Bacon, 1 x Fried Egg, Mushrooms, Courgettes, Onions.
Banana

Lunch
60g Wholemeal roll with lettuce, onion, cucumber and Turkey.
Salad of lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, little bit more turkey :D, onions, mushrooms, 1 x seafood stick.

Dinner
Quorn Chicken fillet
Smash Cheese and Onion 33G (1 ½ Syn)
Onions
Carrots
Broccolli
Cauliflower

Snacks
2 x Banana
1 x Tangerine

Drinks
1 x Green tea
1.5 Litres water
2 x Tea 1% Fat Milk

Healthy A 1% Fat Milk
Healthy A
Healthy B

Syns Total 1 ½

Last edited:
Hiya Cookies hun. How was your day today? Just finished day 3 of the Shred! Past 2 days I couldn't do the last move at all, and today, I can!! YAY :)

I couldn't do the last move for like the first 4 days! Hahaha. How are you finding it? I'm nearly on to level 2 now. I'm dreading it! Sounds like you're doing well :) xxx

Hiya lou! The first day literally killed me lol.. I could of cried. I had a shower and went to bed. Yesterday it was a bit better and tonight it just flew by! But my thights are SO sore. I can barely walked up the stairs. Is that normal do you think?

Have you done it continuously, or had a day off? I'm not sure if I'm meant to do it non stop 30 days, or have days breaks. Let me know how level 2 goes, I'm quite excited to get to level 2 but have read by many many people, that it's the hardest level, even harder than 3!

Busy busy day today! Just popping this on so I don't forget what I've had before I do the dreaded shred!

13/02/2014 Red

Breakfast
Banana

Lunch (actually 4pm)
Magic Pancakes

Dinner
Tuna, Turkey, Seafood sticks, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Grapes, Carrots, Celery, Mushrooms, 2 laughing cow light, 60G Wholemeal roll, Cucumber.

Snacks
Banana
Strawberry Mullerlight
Cake in a cup 2 Syns

Drinks
4 x Tea 1% Fat Milk
1 Litre Water

Healthy A 1% Fat Milk
Healthy A 2 laughing cow light
Healthy B Magic Pancakes

Syns Total 2

Last edited:
Hello Smuffin, well done on your 30 day shred, I've not got it otherwise I'd have done it with you and compare notes, sounds good though. How's our day been? Why so late a lunch? X

Back