New me for 2014!

Hello Smuffin :), well done on the success of your shred . Great to see you haven't given up and are still keeping at it. Your food diary looks great too. Hope you have a lovely evening hun.

Kay xx

The 30 day shred is on Youtube. Or you can pick it up on Amazon in DVD for I think £5 or around that. It's getting easier as the days go on and I'm excited for level 2! :)

I didn't wake up till about 10.30am, planned to have magic pancakes for breakfast and realised I'd only 2 eggs and needed 3! So grabbed a banana and run out the door to town for docs appointment and did some shopping top up on salad bits. Was 4pm when I got home so had my pancakes then :D How has your day been Cookie, enjoy your days off!

Hope your even was great too Kay! Not sure where the days are going at the minute, but have to keep reminding myself I MUST find time to come on here and fill in the dairy or I'll lose track for sure and I don't want that. xx

14/02/2014 Red

Breakfast
Weetabix 1% Fat Milk
Grapes

Lunch (actually 4pm)
Mullerlight Strawberry
Bacon, Eggs, Mushrooms, Tomatoes.

Dinner
Extra lean Pork and apple burgers, Onions and Mushrooms and 200G of Heinz Alphabets (6 Syns) (I was craving them :eek:)

Snacks
Banana
Tangerine

Drinks
1 x Green Tea
3 x Tea 1% Fat Milk
1 Litre water

Healthy A 1% Fat Milk
Healthy A
Healthy B Weetabix
Healthy B

Syns Total 6

Tomorrow is weigh in day, cross your fingers all! I am panicing :eek: And tomorrow night is pizza hut for mothers birthday, dreading dreading dreading it!! Hope I get a good loss in the morning as it might make me feel a bit better about going there.

Last edited:
I had apple and pork burgers, onions and mushrooms and heinz alphabets, I dont know why but I was craving them so bad! Tomorrow we are off to pizza hut for a birthday celebration, figure I will try and not use any of my a's or b's in the day so I can enjoy the evening without feeling too guilty!

Omlettes for Breakfast and big turkey salad for lunch! Lovely to be able to know I can still munch stuff most the day and not feel bad!!

Happy Valentines Cookie, hope you've been spoilt :) xx

I must be doing something wrong.. Weigh in and 1/2 of a pound of. I know I should be happy it's not a gain, but I've really tried this week and done a whole week red and even been doing the shred.. so to lose 1/2 of a pound has gutted me. All I can think is I am doing something wrong.. and I can't put my finger on what it is cos from what I can tell I was on plan :( So in 3 weeks, I've lost a lousy 2lb. :cry::cry:

Don't be disheartened hun .5lb is good, it's going in the right direction :)
It could be the exercise that is making you gain, fat turns to muscle and muscle is heavier than fat so that might not be helping when it comes to getting on the scales.
I am going to start my own exercise challenge but I am waiting till I get down to less than 12 stone first so that I don't have so much fat to burn.x

Thanks Little, I did wonder if maybe the exercise, but someone else told me that my body wouldn't build muscle to weigh enough so fast in just 5 days. So I'm not 100%.

Thought doing a week of red would help with it but every week is still low :( Wonder if I try a week of green now and do the scan bran challenge it might help. But Ive never been the biggest fan of pasta and noodles so not sure I can last a week on it.

I must be doing something wrong.. Weigh in and 1/2 of a pound of. I know I should be happy it's not a gain, but I've really tried this week and done a whole week red and even been doing the shred.. so to lose 1/2 of a pound has gutted me. All I can think is I am doing something wrong.. and I can't put my finger on what it is cos from what I can tell I was on plan :( So in 3 weeks, I've lost a lousy 2lb. :cry::cry:

Hi smuffin :) don't be disheartened, 0.5 is much better than a gain and it's a step in the right direction :p so well done on your loss hun ! I used to do red days last year and I used to go gym 5 out of 7 days a week (this was before my op) and I did lose lots but it wasn't just because of the exercise. There are lots of factors that contribute towards a good loss. We can all help each other with tips, but we all have different bodies and what might work for one person may not work for the other. Your success will be when you workout what your body responds well to. But here are some things that will defo give it a boost.

1) Up your water intake to 3L a day if you can. If you don't like drinking water like me dilute it with nas squash which is free.

2) Vary your exercise and take rest days inbetween. The body burns more calories when its resting. Be sure to mix cardio with weights, alternate your routine.

3) Mix your plans up for the week, for eg, have 3 green days and 4 red days, this will help boost your metabolism because your body won't be eating the same foods day in day out, so this will give you high carb days (green) and low carb days (red).

4) Free food - Lots of people will debate this point that you can eat unlimited free food on SW, no doubt free food is important to incorporate into the plan, but its still calories so make sure you are exercising portion control on them and not eating huge amounts .

5) Fibre- make sure you eat your hex's I know some people skip them, but High fibre foods generally have less fat and our bodies break them down much more quickly, and they help us stay full all day.

6) Fruit and Veg - Make sure with each meal you are eating lots of fruit and veg, x3 times a day. On red days there should be more of this on your plate than meat. When I did red I did 2/3 salad and 1/3 meat.

I hope these few tips help smuffin, try all of them and then see what works for you :). Chin up hun your doing super well with your commitment to the plan and the shred. Hope you have a fab day ahead !

Hugs Kay xx

Thanks so much Kay! I will definitely try and up my water, I say it every week but it's always my downfall. I have a 1.5 Liter bottle I will fill every day and will pick up another tomorrow at Sainsburys. I am just now writing out a whole weeks plan for food to try and use up some stuff I have and make sure I'm definitely getting enough of my HE's. Hope you have a lovely weekend hun and once again thanks so much for all the tips. xx

Thanks so much Kay! I will definitely try and up my water, I say it every week but it's always my downfall. I have a 1.5 Liter bottle I will fill every day and will pick up another tomorrow at Sainsburys. I am just now writing out a whole weeks plan for food to try and use up some stuff I have and make sure I'm definitely getting enough of my HE's. Hope you have a lovely weekend hun and once again thanks so much for all the tips. xx

Your most welcome anytime hun :p. More power to you for doing the 30 day shred, I tried but didn't even get last the first day lol :D. I did a big food shop at Asda 2 days ago and then did the same as you and planned my meals for the whole of next week so there is no chance for me to cheat, everything is all set out. Having a food diary on here helps a lot too because sometimes other members can point things out that we miss, I have been caught out many a time lol but am getting better at it with time. Best of luck for next week, I'm sure you'll have a big loss :). Hope you have a lovely day hun.

Kay xx

Hey Smuffin, just read through your thread and see you've started the dreaded Shred!! I've re-started for about the 100th time recently and am looking for a bit of encouragement to stick with it. Unfortunately I know how hard level2 is and I'm dreading it. Only just able to do level 1 fairly comfortably. I've not been doing it every day but I've prob done it about 6 times so want to get better at level 1 to feel confident about moving on... Might nip on to the Shred thread to see what's being said.

Anyhew, sorry for rambling lol, hope you are enjoying Pizza Hut, yummmmmmm!!! xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello :) congratulations on your loss, I know its not as much as you'd like but its still off so well done. Have you tried a week of EE for a change or maybe half EE half green? Most of my group lose on EE so could be worth incorporating it if you fancy it xx

Don't loose heart Smuffin, you are losing and getting fitter! Have your inches changed even though the scales are not swinging rapidly down? look at it as a long term commitment to yourself, not a quick fix. Though I am still maintaining :)sigh:), my eating habits are changing for the better, and as my eating habits are improving the next phase will be to eat slightly less then I will shrink! x .

Thanks Little, I did wonder if maybe the exercise, but someone else told me that my body wouldn't build muscle to weigh enough so fast in just 5 days. So I'm not 100%.

Thought doing a week of red would help with it but every week is still low :( Wonder if I try a week of green now and do the scan bran challenge it might help. But Ive never been the biggest fan of pasta and noodles so not sure I can last a week on it.

Hi hun,
Last time I did slimming world I had scanbran cake for breakfast every day. I'm sure it helped boost my weight loss. I wish I could have it again this time but I had so much last time that I really cant face it again.x

No, I measured just before I started the shred and all is pretty much still smack on. I'm just confused with it all.

I'm going to start my scan bran tomorrow. I didn't post a diary for yesterday as I only had salad and free bits during the day, we went to pizza hut last night and I wasn't the goodest of girls as I was in a bad mood due to my not so good loss :( Did do my shred yesterday though and straight back to my slimming world today, and shred in an hour or so! :)!

16/02/2014 Green

Breakfast
Heinz, Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce, canned , 100g
2 slices wholemeal bread (Small 400g Loaf) Toasted
Apple

Lunch
1 Wholemeal 60G Roll
Laughing cow triangle light 1½
Lettuce, Tomatoes, Grapes, Mushrooms

Dinner
Spaghetti Pasta
Passata, Herbs, Onions, Mushrooms, Peppers, Courgette
Quorn Mince
Corn on the cobSide Salad

Snacks
Strawberry Muller light

Drinks
1 x Green Tea
1 x Tea with 1% Fat Milk
1.5 litres Water

HEA 1% Fat Milk 280ml
HEA
HEB 1 Wholemeal 60G Roll
HEB 2 slices wholemeal bread (Small 400g Loaf) Toasted

Last edited:
Hey Smuffin, just read through your thread and see you've started the dreaded Shred!! I've re-started for about the 100th time recently and am looking for a bit of encouragement to stick with it. Unfortunately I know how hard level2 is and I'm dreading it. Only just able to do level 1 fairly comfortably. I've not been doing it every day but I've prob done it about 6 times so want to get better at level 1 to feel confident about moving on... Might nip on to the Shred thread to see what's being said.

Anyhew, sorry for rambling lol, hope you are enjoying Pizza Hut, yummmmmmm!!! xxx

Hiya Maverick hun! Have you ever fully completed the shred the full 30 days continuous? Ohh I didn't know there's a shred thread shall have a look for that. Level 1 was a killer for me for 3-4 days, the past 2 though I have loved it, turned Gillians voice down and been doing it to music. When I started it I was doing it with 2 400G's of tinned good lol, now with 1KG weights. I'm drinking over a litre of water during the routine though.. gawd knows how they do it on the DVD without drinking anything! I saw one lady on another site saying shes been doing level 1 for 21 days now!!! As she won't move on till shes perfected level 1.. I've got a point now where level 1 is still challenging, but I've had enough of it, I think just after 7 days I'm fed up of the same routine, I am sure once level 2 gets here I'll be crying to go back to level 1 lol.

Hello :) congratulations on your loss, I know its not as much as you'd like but its still off so well done. Have you tried a week of EE for a change or maybe half EE half green? Most of my group lose on EE so could be worth incorporating it if you fancy it xx

Thanks Cookie! Yes, atleast it wasn't a gain and that's how I need to look at it I guess. The only reason I never started with EE is because I got the impression I could pretty much eat pasta, meats, noodles, fish etc etc almost like I could eat absolutely anything and I couldn't get my head around how I'd lose with that, red/green days seemed a bit more realistic to me which is why I went straight to them. I'm going to try some green days this week as I've a massive overload of pastas and mug shots to clear lol. I think if that's a fail I may have to see about this EE!

Don't loose heart Smuffin, you are losing and getting fitter! Have your inches changed even though the scales are not swinging rapidly down? look at it as a long term commitment to yourself, not a quick fix. Though I am still maintaining :)sigh:), my eating habits are changing for the better, and as my eating habits are improving the next phase will be to eat slightly less then I will shrink! x .

I measured just before I started the shred, and I'm pretty much smack on what I was when I started. I've always had this problem, I get to 13 stone and I can neve get beyond it... I had the same problem when I did diet chef. I was stuck for months on end at 12 st 13lb, in the end it drove me crazy and I give up. I've learnt a lot about food in the 3 weeks of slimming world so far for sure and that's why I'd like to stick with it, I can enjoy my life still :)

Hi hun,
Last time I did slimming world I had scanbran cake for breakfast every day. I'm sure it helped boost my weight loss. I wish I could have it again this time but I had so much last time that I really cant face it again.x

Is the scanbran nice? A friend who had it before said she'd never recommend it.. Ive got it in my head I'll be able to eat them with just my laughing cow light cheese triangles and will manage the five a day, but to be honest I've never tasted them yet.

Lol I don't mind Jillian's voice, I think I zone out!! I understand wanting to keep on level 1 until u perfect it but 21 days seems like a loong time!! I saw some1 else mention their was a shred thread but I couldn't find an up to date one...

Hope you've had a good weekend xx

17/02/2014 Green

Breakfast
35G Weetabix Crunchy Bran 1% Fat Milk
Banana

Lunch
2 x Scan Bran (2 Down, 3 to go!!!!!!)
3 x Laughing cow light triangles

Banana
Tangerine
Salad