2.25Litres Water
3 x Cup Tea

HEA 1% Fat Milk 280ml
HEA 30G Cheddar Cheese
HEB
HEB 5 x Scan Bran

Syns

Last edited:
All this talk of the 30 day shred is making me want to get my DVD out... I might start on Thursday... Got class tonight and kettlebell class wednesday.

Keep going with the diet. I always get stuck at 10 st 1 lb, and give up. But very determined to just keep going!!!

How did you get on with the scanbran hun?x

I tried eatting them with my Laughing cow light cheese triangles but big big fail! It took me from 10am - 5pm to eat 4 lol. The 4th one I only ate cos I was dipping it in my tea which does seem to help but... come the last one I was determined to find a way to enjoy it and the best thing I've found it is to slice up banana, break up the scan bran into halfs, then half again, then half again so they're not too much bigger than the slice of banana, put a slice on top of each bit and munch away! You get no taste of the scan bran and it flows down your throat like nothing :D I know Banana is syned if mushed, but is it when sliced? I'm assuming not beings its no diff to us biting the slice off from the banana??

All this talk of the 30 day shred is making me want to get my DVD out... I might start on Thursday... Got class tonight and kettlebell class wednesday.

Keep going with the diet. I always get stuck at 10 st 1 lb, and give up. But very determined to just keep going!!!

I'm on day 9 today! Shocked I've even kept to it to be honest, there's been days where I've thought hmm should I just not bother today.. but once I've started I think it's only 30 minutes.. and doesn't really take too long. Have you done it before completely and had any success? xx

I've not but I have a friend who has and she looked pretty good after it. She did it after having her first child. And it just seemed to help tone everything up.

Yeah I hear if you specficially want it to lose weigh, it's not gonna happen.. Some people don't lose a lb with it.. but they notice it loads in their stomach, legs etc with toning up.

hi hun ive come to subscribe...

see youve been trying scan bran.. have you made any cakes with it? much easier to eat than on their own with something ontop! its like cardboard lol x

I've not had the cake.. That was my next step lol but cos I found the banana slicing and eatting with it being SO so easy, I've stuck with that for now. Has the cake got syns in it? I was only going to do this as the scan bran challenge 5 a day for a week, but I'm consideing doing it a bit more beings its so simple to eat with the banana now, so I may try the cake too :D

I've not had the cake.. That was my next step lol but cos I found the banana slicing and eatting with it being SO so easy, I've stuck with that for now. Has the cake got syns in it? I was only going to do this as the scan bran challenge 5 a day for a week, but I'm consideing doing it a bit more beings its so simple to eat with the banana now, so I may try the cake too :D

there is so many different ones :D but most are syn free, just your heB! heres a thread of lots of recipes xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/109943-scan-bran-recipe-thread.html

i personally went through a phase of having the coffe cake one, 3 eggs, 5 scan bran(soften with hot water then drain), 2 tbsp coffee and sweetener. i used to add vanilla essence too. microwave for 7mins.

Thanks Jess!

That's my 5 Scan bran for the day gone already. Wahoo

No problem :) it's each to their own taste so may need more or less sweetener or coffee. I have mine with yogurts x

I came home from work tonight ready to have a go at Shred level 2. Took it easy to begin with because I wasn't sure what I was doing. Circuit 1, fine, circuit 2 - the DVD froze :( I tried re-setting it, but my DVD doesn't want me to see the cardio & abs sections. Carried on to circuit 3, but didn't feel like I'd done enough for a session... Trying to find circuit 2 online so I can keep doing it, not up for skipping to Level 3 straight away!!

I tried eatting them with my Laughing cow light cheese triangles but big big fail! It took me from 10am - 5pm to eat 4 lol. The 4th one I only ate cos I was dipping it in my tea which does seem to help but... come the last one I was determined to find a way to enjoy it and the best thing I've found it is to slice up banana, break up the scan bran into halfs, then half again, then half again so they're not too much bigger than the slice of banana, put a slice on top of each bit and munch away! You get no taste of the scan bran and it flows down your throat like nothing :D I know Banana is syned if mushed, but is it when sliced? I'm assuming not beings its no diff to us biting the slice off from the banana??

Hi hun,
I don't think banana is synned if you slice it. I could only eat it in cake. Here's the recipe I used to use:

Chocolate Scan Bran Cake

Ingredients:

5 Scan Bran
1 Weetabix
1 tbsp. golden syrup
1 cup sweetener
1 tbsp. chocolate spread or chocolate options

Cooking Instructions

1. Break the scan bran into pieces; pour on a little hot water to soften.
2. Once soft, mash with a fork. Add the Weetabix, sweetener, golden syrup and chocolate spread and mix well.
3. Line a loaf tin with foil or non stick baking parchment. Place the mixture in the tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200c for about 30 mins or till it looks cooked, not too soft but not too hard.

Oh no Maverick. I'm sure it's online somewhere. I know Level 1 is definitely.My boyfriend swears on cleaning DVDs with toothpaste :confused: which somehow.. works if its scratched. Not sure I'd recommend it though beings I personally don't do it! Lol. It's only £5 on Amazon at the moment though :D Thanks Little, I'm gonna have to give this cake a go I think, lots of people recommend it.

19/02/2014 Green

Breakfast
35G Weetabix Crunchy Bran 1% Fat Milk
2 x Scan Bran
1 x Banana

Had 3 Scan bran and 1 Banana between 10am - 1pm.

Lunch
Salad with 2 Laughing cow cheese 3 Syns
Beef MugShot

Dinner
Pasta,
(Sauce) - Passata, Tomato Puree, herbs, Onions, Mushrooms, Peppers, Courgette.
Quorn Mince
Corn on the cob

Snacks
Tangerine

Drinks
1 x Green Tea
3 x Tea 1% Fat Milk 280ml
0.50 Water

HEA 1% Fat Milk 280ml
HEA
HEB 35G Weetabix Crunchy Bran
HEB 5 x Scan Bran

Syns

Last edited:
Hi hun,
I don't think banana is synned if you slice it. I could only eat it in cake. Here's the recipe I used to use:

Chocolate Scan Bran Cake

Ingredients:

5 Scan Bran
1 Weetabix
1 tbsp. golden syrup
1 cup sweetener
1 tbsp. chocolate spread or chocolate options

Cooking Instructions

1. Break the scan bran into pieces; pour on a little hot water to soften.
2. Once soft, mash with a fork. Add the Weetabix, sweetener, golden syrup and chocolate spread and mix well.
3. Line a loaf tin with foil or non stick baking parchment. Place the mixture in the tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200c for about 30 mins or till it looks cooked, not too soft but not too hard.

...sorry for gate crashing Smuffin :D thanks for the recipe LMN, will copy it and use later. Will pop over to your diary in a mo.

Kay xx

Oh no Maverick. I'm sure it's online somewhere. I know Level 1 is definitely.My boyfriend swears on cleaning DVDs with toothpaste :confused: which somehow.. works if its scratched. Not sure I'd recommend it though beings I personally don't do it! Lol. It's only £5 on Amazon at the moment though :D Thanks Little, I'm gonna have to give this cake a go I think, lots of people recommend it.

19/02/2014 Green

Breakfast
2 x Scan Bran
1 x Banana

Had 3 Scan bran and 1 Banana between 10am - 1pm.

Lunch
Salad
Beef MugShot

Dinner

Snacks
Tangerine

Drinks
1 x Green Tea

HEA 1% Fat Milk 280ml
HEA
HEB 5 x Scan Bran

Syns

Toothpaste on DVD's, might give it try :D ! Your foodage looks fab Smuffin :p . How is the shred going so far ? Hope your body is not in too much pain ?

Kay xx

sounds nice food intake. Whats for dinner? need some ideas for tonight lolx

For dinner I'm having
Pasta,
(Sauce) - Passata, Tomato Puree, herbs, Onions, Mushrooms, Peppers, Courgette.
Quorn Mince
Corn on the cobI was going to have something to use my HexA laughing cow light cheese as I've had 2 today and need to have 3 more, but I'm gonna syn the 2 instead as I'm super craving pasta tonight.Find a shabby DVD to try it on Kay that you're not worried if it goes wrong lol , as I've not tried it but it seems to work for him with DVDs and Xbox games, I won't dare try it with my stuff though.

I completed day 9 yesterday of the shred! Pain has gone away, went about day 4, was so glad as I could barely walk up the stairs. One day to go and It's level 2! I'm having a break today with it though, I read you're meant to have one once a week, but I haven't been.. Not too sure if it matters, but I am glad of the break as I've just worked 3 8am - 6pm days, so then I've been doing the shred at 7pm, having dinner, showering, preparing food for the next day and before I know it it's bed time! I feel so bad not getting around to peoples diaries, I do go read them and like, but I've just barely had time to sit and respond :(Hope your evenings been good so far Kay! :) xx

So I'm trying to make sure I eat all my 5 scan bran first thing in the morning. Not sure if I'm meant to eat them all in one go or spread them across the day?? Feeling positive about weigh in on Sat :D

20/02/2014 Green

Breakfast
5 x Scan Bran
2 x Banana

Lunch
Pasta
Onions, Mushroom, Fried Egg, Courgettes.
2 x Laughing cow cheese light. 3 Syns

Dinner
Salad
Smash pizza!! With onions, peppers, mushrooms, courgette

Snacks
Tangerine
Cake in a cup 2 Syns

Drinks
1 x Green Tea
2.50 Litre Water
4 x Tea 1% Fat Milk 280ml

HEA 1% Fat Milk 280ml
HEA 30G Cheddar Cheese
HEB 5 x Scan Bran

Syns

Last edited:
So I'm trying to make sure I eat all my 5 scan bran first thing in the morning. Not sure if I'm meant to eat them all in one go or spread them across the day?? Feeling positive about weigh in on Sat :D

20/02/2014 Green

Breakfast
5 x Scan Bran
2 x Banana

Lunch
Pasta
Onions, Mushroom, Fried Egg, Courgettes.
2 x Laughing cow cheese light.

Dinner

Snacks
Tangerine

Drinks
1 x Green Tea
0.50 Water
3 x Tea 1% Fat Milk 280ml

HEA 1% Fat Milk 280ml
HEA
HEB 5 x Scan Bran

Syns

as long as you have all 5 a day then its ok., as if you were having 2 alpen light bars you dont half to have in one sitting, just as long as its within that day for you heb :)

Back