new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Will any of you be breast feeding????? I tried with both my boys but didnt get much support. I am hoping to this time around, I already know more from the booklet my midwife gave me.
So im hoping to be able to for a good few months, im hoping the midwives will be able to spend the time to help, though it depends how pushed they are...........

Will any of you be breast feeding????? I tried with both my boys but didnt get much support. I am hoping to this time around, I already know more from the booklet my midwife gave me.
So im hoping to be able to for a good few months, im hoping the midwives will be able to spend the time to help, though it depends how pushed they are...........

i do plan on breastfeeding...and was told by my nutritionist (nhs) that if I were to and followed a sensible diet, I would lose loads of my 'fat reserve'...

its a shame you didnt get support for feeding your 2 sons...but nowadays there is so much info on the net...and its easy to comprehend and follow through on...

when I delivered last year at 28 wks, I used the electric pump while baby was on NICU, and was able to get loads of milk -- what I found out, the more frequent and longer you'feed' the more milk is produce (supply and demand in its natural state)...I was VERY thirsty the first few weeks and noticed a dramatic decrease in milk when I wouldnt drink enuf for that day...

and finally, I have read its important not to confuse a newborn with mom's nipple and the bottle nipple and/or dummy -- overuse of the dummy will give the sucking satisfaction to the baby and replace his natural desire to suckle mom.

hope this helps...but I am sure you will do alright with all!

Thanks Nina that was great .....I want to get breast feeding off to a good start (fingers crossed) then maybe introduce the odd bottle here and there so Mark can join in lol........I have decided the Tommee Tippee closer to nature range will probably be the best as the teat is shaped more like a nipple than conventional bottles.

Thanks again......hope you are doing well.

Wow delivered at 28 wks, how did baby get on and were there any complications ????? I think I may have baby early as I have a hernia so may be pushed for space.

Thanks Nina that was great .....I want to get breast feeding off to a good start (fingers crossed) then maybe introduce the odd bottle here and there so Mark can join in lol........I have decided the Tommee Tippee closer to nature range will probably be the best as the teat is shaped more like a nipple than conventional bottles.

Thanks again......hope you are doing well.

Wow delivered at 28 wks, how did baby get on and were there any complications ????? I think I may have baby early as I have a hernia so may be pushed for space.

Hey sonkie, I have seen the teats which are referring to, I think they r a great addition! Just be persistent in feeding and baby will get on!

I delivered at 28 wks cuz I developed HELLP (sever form of preeclampsia) and baby was on NICU for 4 wks -- what a roller coaster ride...which ended with him returning <home> on angels wings...glad he isnt suffering with all those tubes etc...

I am not worried this time...everything happens for a higher reason...and I have been on heparin injections since week 12 -- overall feel fantastic compared to last year! Losing some weight on CD did me some good -- although I would have loved to carry on like some of the people on this site! I will get back to it after the baby is born...

btw, my mom had a massive hernia repair -- after 2 gastric bypasses...but that was only after she delivered my baby brother at 41 weeks! OB said that he was too comfy inside becuz the hernia actually gave him tons of room to wiggle! plus, on another note -- you really dont want to deliver early (before 32)-- that is if you dont HAVE to...

and congrats on the engagement -- 2007 was quite eventful for you! (as most of us on here can even say for ourselves!)

Obviously I dont want to deliver early, its just that im worried there may be a lack of room for baby and as to the pain they may both cause.
Before coming pregnant I already looked about 7 months gone with the hernia.

So fingers crossed there are no complications.

Obviously I dont want to deliver early, its just that im worried there may be a lack of room for baby and as to the pain they may both cause.
Before coming pregnant I already looked about 7 months gone with the hernia.

So fingers crossed there are no complications.

us preggers worry so much! and easier said than done, but I want to tell you -- dont worry,you'll be fine!

I have seen the pain my mom went thru with her hernia -- but honestly after the repair, she has had a pain-free life for 3 years now!

and soon you will too!

I breastfed my little guy for 5 months...but this time I agree with Sonkie I will introduce a little bottle every now and then after 6/8weeks so hubby can get involved.....the thing I hadnt appreciated when I breastfed is that babies feed far more often than bottle fed so he was "stuck" to me every second hour....and hubby didnt really get to feed him till I went back to work...which was stressful for all of us!!!

Nina - the first 12 weeks were the slowest of my life... Honestly... But since I've got passed that (and slowly started to believe that I might actually get to bring this baby home) it's flown by!!!

Sonkie - yep, for at 6 months exclusively and will carry on until about 10 months with night feeds etc...

I agree...the first 12 weeks are really the longest...but once you get past that it seems to fly....we told our rest of our friends this weekend which made it seem all the more "real" if you know what I mean....

Sunflower you are just about half way there....I found last time once it was past 20 weeks the time really flew - then the longest wait was when I reached 40weeks...every hour past that was like an age!! ha ha....was 11 days over but so worth the wait....

oooooo has anyone made a start on the nursery yet......well I have finished painting baby`s room, thought I would do it whilst I can still move lol.
We are going to get little bits in slowly over the coming months at least we will have somewhere to store it.
Also we are getting radiators fitted upstairs on friday so wanted to get the walls painted beforehand

Sonkie re Scan ...No...but making an appointment on Monday....I am planning on having the baby at a different hospital to the one I had my son at....so fingers crossed I can..making the calls tomorrow!

17th is only around the corner...it will be brilliant as you see sooo much more now....any bets on whether its a boy or girl???

Havent started on the Nursery yet...we have a junk room which needs to be sorted out...that was the plan around Christmas but it didnt happen LOL!!!!

Are you waiting to know the sex before you start painting????

Last edited:
No I have painted it a pale/mint green.....we are going winnie pooh and friends as Marks mum and dad are buying us the cot/bed from the winnie pooh range.......

Ah thats so cute....my brother and his girlfriend have that for their little one and it looks soo nice!

Hey Bea have you got your date yet for your scan......I cant wait for mine next thursday.

Sunflower and Nina how are you both doing....???

Hey Bea have you got your date yet for your scan......I cant wait for mine next thursday.

Sunflower and Nina how are you both doing....???

THANKS FOR ASKING SONKIE -- doing as well as can be aspired for! lots of baby movement, now at 21 weeks and have my scan on monday -- maybe get to see if i should be buying more pinks than blue????

how r u feeling?

what about bea and sunflower??? how have u been?

I cannot remember how many weeks you are roughly when your partner should be able to feel the baby kicking........!!!!! H ave you reached that stage ??????????

I have felt much stronger movements today, but I cant wait for him to feel a proper kick.

Hi Sonkie, Nina and Sunflower! Hows this week been???

Scan....got an appointment next Tuesday at 2.30 as they had a lady cancel and I had rung at the right time which I am trilled about.....and also managed to change to hospital I wanted which I am so relieved about.....Sonkie yours is next week too?

Movement....feelings lot of flutterings and what feel like little kicks!!! From memory its about 24 weeks when you can feel them on the outside...

Was surfacing the net this eve and love the new "bunny" girlie nursery set they have in Next.....dying to find out if its a boy or girl....

Will get to know this week when you Sonkie.......hospital said I am still at little early!

Nina....please let us know how you get on Monday...........

Hiya guys, how are things?

We've been in Bruges for a few days, had a really lovely break before Bean is born!! Hubby felt bean kick for the first time too while we were there so that was pretty special! Am loving the fact I'm really feeling the movements now, they're big proper kicks - especially if something is pressing on him (like the seatbelt at the bottom of my bump or if I'm lying in bed on my side and leaning forward a little bit) and also getting big rolls too which feels completely wierd and takes your breath away a bit - goodness knows what they're going to feel like when he's bigger!!!

Sonkie - we're going to be starting our nursery soon, painting ours yellow (lemony yellow rather than sunflower yellow!) and I'm going to look for a giraffe border to go round the walls as we're both mad on giraffes!

Oh that sounded like a lovely break.....we are planning something around easter too as we figure Summer hols will be out this year LOL!! You are feeling external kicks at an early stage...I remember it was 24 weeks with me before........

Are you finding out if its a boy or girl! I am keen as it just helps with planning so much......

Back