New start with Slimming world from Page 14 !!!!!

Thank you!

Thanks for your kind words on my diary thread i am setting out soon to meet the cdc for the first time...wish me luck!!!

You are doing really well and your right it does sound like we have a lot in common...we should have a good chat soon its good to let off steam with someone that understands!!!

Kepp up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you really lost 18lbs in 8 days? Thats fantastic. Just saw your ticker and was gob-smacked! Well Done!!"

NO Lottie,
I lost 10lb in 7 days the other 8 I lost on the VLCD the few weeks before starting CD.. so 18 in total!

Dazzler you are welcome... good luck with your CDC

Everyone else...thanks.. will answer more closely later as I have my head in books!!!! Honest!!!!

And now to bed!

Another good day apart from a small panic!

This evening I suddenly thought, OMG what am I doing? how can I do this for the next 5 months... but soon pulled myself around....

I feel I have wasted so many years being bloated, obese and unnattractive... My daughter had her yr6 leaving do today at school, I can't believe my babies are growing so fast!

I have decided to do a partime job when I get to goal... saving for two things:
1. To take my hubby back to vegas... were there two years ago and it was amazing, even the helicopter ride with the pre flight weigh in!!!! Will write about that tomorrow!
2, To take the children back to disney Florida! Need lots of spending money, it will be fab not huffing and puffing around the theme parks!

I am not sure what jobs to look for, they will have to be home types.... I used to sell Ann Summers and that was fun, maybe do that again! Anyone any ideas for which are good homeworking opportunities and which ones to avoid?

Anyway, all sleep well and all have a good day tomorrow!

And now to bed!

Another good day apart from a small panic!

This evening I suddenly thought, OMG what am I doing? how can I do this for the next 5 months... but soon pulled myself around....

I feel I have wasted so many years being bloated, obese and unnattractive... My daughter had her yr6 leaving do today at school, I can't believe my babies are growing so fast!

I have decided to do a partime job when I get to goal... saving for two things:
1. To take my hubby back to vegas... were there two years ago and it was amazing, even the helicopter ride with the pre flight weigh in!!!! Will write about that tomorrow!
2, To take the children back to disney Florida! Need lots of spending money, it will be fab not huffing and puffing around the theme parks!

I am not sure what jobs to look for, they will have to be home types.... I used to sell Ann Summers and that was fun, maybe do that again! Anyone any ideas for which are good homeworking opportunities and which ones to avoid?

Anyway, all sleep well and all have a good day tomorrow!
Well one thing to consider when you get to BMI 28 is becoming a CDC. Thats what I've been considering recently and is one of my goals. You'll be a shining example of how good it is and having been through the diet, you'll know it inside out.

Well done on getting through those thoughts...I get them too, which is why I'm only thinking so short term at the moment. Have a good day xx

well done on another great day Anne, and I too have had the moments of panic and dread where I think I'll never make it through the next 5 - 6 months without eating.

Getting a part time job is a great idea, especially if it helps you to afford the little luxuries in life.

The CDC idea that lottie suggested would be good for you - you have been so supportive to others when you are only really a newbie yourself.

I have two part time jobs. One at the little co op over the road, and I am also a consultant for Virgin Vie which I absolutely love. It is mostly party plan like Anne Summers, but you get loads of free training so you can do makeovers and one to one consultations with customers. I love it.

Day 10

Day 10, nearly at weigh in 2!

Well well.... Didn't sleep very well last night, this is becoming more common since starting on CD. Wondering has anyone else suffered with insomnia since starting the plan?

I said last night, i'd share the story about the vegas helicopter trip.... well.. I took hubby to vegas for hid 49th birthday and decided to treat him to a helicopter trip to the grand canyon, on the application form,(sent in advance by email) we had to give all our details PLUS our weights!!!! Apparently this is because in helicopters the weight has to be evenly distributed, and the fuel is sorted out by weight of the 'cargo'.
I din't know the real reasons, so I thought... ahh to hell I knocked 2 stone off my weight!
On the morning of the trip, we were taken by limo to the airport and signed in at the office, I was standing in front of the desk and the lady said, have you any bags by your feet? I said no and she asked me to put my bag and camcorder on the desk, she said, don't worry it's just whilst WE WEIGH you!!!!!! I looked down and the tile I was satnding on was obviosuly a built in scale!!!!!

She was ever so nice, no raised eyebrows, but she then went to the pilot and said, "here, you will need to revise your passenger seating plan!" When I go on the helicopter with my hubby, I sat behind the pilot, whilst everyone else sat on the other side of the helicopter (to even the weight!!!) Mortification! At least in America they are used to larger ladies and gents! so don't make a big fuss about it!!!!

Anyway, if anyone gets the chance and hasn't been, make a point of going to Vegas, as it is a must do trip and Pappilon helicopters were fabulous company to deal with.... The trip itself is the most stunnign way to fly into and land in the Grand Canyon, we had a champagne breakfast, and the whole trip will stay with us forever!!!!

Ahhh well, yet another reason to be slim..... even in october, being in the nevada desert, it was HOT and carrying so much surplus weight around, does increase tiredness levels! So being slim will be a huge bonus, when we travel again!

Soooo back at home in cold wet wales, we are fed up with trying to transfer accounts from one house to our new one!. We decided to get BT vision as we have full sky at the moment and hardly use it.... We arranged fro transfer of our BT number, broadband etc and then tried to order BT vision.... Sorry no can do came the reply! We have already put a stop on your present account ready for its transfer so we can't do anything till you move! THEN it will be 2weeks plus before we can get BT Vision at the new house as we will be at the end of the queue!!!! Not that we live on the TV but we do have our favourites... and now we will have to do without for 2 whole weeks!

Anyway.... 2 nd litre of water finished already today, and I haven't even managed to have my first shake as yet... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Off to the Kitchen!!!!!!

Have a good day today everyone!!!!!
:)

Dis , Thank you for that , i just had a look at doing the diary and i think i've got the hang of it , but later today will write my epic lol! Really still finding my way around here . I have noticed that no one goes on chat here ? I have been in there few times but no ones there . :/ confused

Vegas, Baby!

helllo there anne! thanks for elaborating on your vegas story. i kinda had a feeling you were going to say there was a scale built into the floor! hehehe. typical, eh? But you shouldnt ever worry about moments like that because you wont have been the first female to alter your actual weight on the application forms. im sure nearly every female thats over the "ideal" weight changes it a little.

i am american and obviously of the larger sort. hehe Even i cheat on weight for documents, etc. i dont know one woman in america that has told the honest truth about her weight when its recorded on their drivers licence! i think my california licence says weight: 170! ha! uhhh ya right! someday soon i hope!

I have been to vegas but it was only for a short weekend...and it was enough for me to be honest. never did the grand canyon thing though but would like to. especially now that they have the sky walk (glass walkway). scaaaary!

As far as the insomnia, i've had total opposite! i used to go to sleep around 1am...but now, i'm absolutely shattered and falling asleep at the laptop by half ten. strange that its effecting you this way...

I do hope that you are feeling fine today! I'm doing a whole load better...so odd that sick feeling yesterday and the day before. \and even funnier that you suggested morning sickness, at that moment, all the cogs starting moving in my head: uh oh, a little earlier than planned, etc etc... ((i randomly started my 'flo' this morning ...2nd time in 2 weeks, oddly enough, sorry if thats tmi!)) so definitely not PG. heheh

alrighty, i'm off to catch up on other threads plus my own.

will chat again with you soon!!

Hugs Dis!!! Didn't know about the glass walkway Have just been looing at an illustration and it looks amazing National Geographic Enlarge Photo

A definite will do when we go back!

Anyway, have had a good day today.... no cravings at all but I did nearly make myself Ill.

Thought I would make crisps, I spread them really thin and they came out perfectly... unfortunatley it was a HUGE bowl, and it was just too much to eat, I think my stomach must have shrunk... I forced them down and felt so bloated and uncomfortable afterwards! Just had a lovely hot chocolate and will shortly have a nice glass of berry bubbly!

have nipped on the scales and I think there is about a 3lb loss so far this week (in 3days) so very very happy.... It would be great to lose 4lb which would clear the first stone!

Anyway...... must go now.... gonna have a nice relaxing bath and a facial!

wow that does look amazing! thanks for the link hun.

and i have to comment on your courage for trying the crisps with the sachets! its a huge shame that i phoned my cdc yesterday and requested NOT to have savoury for a while (she owes me about 5 sachets as i continuously seem to go off and on them. so quickly...she's very very good like that)) anyways, i wonder if it would be too weird to make sweet crisps? hmmm...must try.

:scale: ooOOOoo and good for you! 3lbs so far this week! i'm sure you will make it to 4 before the next wiegh in!! Without a doubt!

ok i'm off for now. littleman just went down for bed ( a little later than normal, but daddy came in later than normal and they really do enjoy each others time and company, so he go to stay up late)

note to self, must buy sparkling water and use berry flavouring!

gmpup.gif

hi anne
great to see you are still focused
well done
keep up the good work
kaz :D

Day 11

Thanks to everyone who continues to support me on here, and puts up with my sticking my nose in everywhere.....

Day 11.... Just got dressed and have noticed that the trousers I am wearing are definitely a little looser today, I think I must also have lost a little flab from my upper arms (somewhere I didn't measure) as I have just put a sweater on that was quite tight and it fits good!!!!!

There doesn't seem to be a lot of effort invloved this week, I have accepted that the way of eating is the long haul, and my body doesn't seem to be resisiting now....

Just hope that I clear the stone this week, or I may get into the doldrums.... my self expectations are always too high I suppose!!

Off to Hydrotherapy with my youngest daughter in a short while, I will have to take extra water as it is SO HOT poolside!!!! Always feel like I have come out of a sauna.

More painting and decorating then, the house will soon be OK to move into....

Am now seriously trying to decide what part time job I will look for, something has to pay for all the new clothes and trips I will be having once at goal.... I keep seeing styles of clothing and thinking.... will that suit me? Will that look good on me when I'm slim! I'm really excited and this time round the uncertainty hasn't reared his head YET!!

For the last 2 days I have struggled to get the right amount of water down... I have always drunk 3-4 litres of water as I don't drink anything else... but the last couple of days I have struggled to reach 2.5 litres, not sure why this is...... maybe because I am having less savoury and salty food which always caused me to be excessively salty???
Anyway at least I slept properly last night! I can cope with most things but hate lack of sleep....

OOOO Also I have suffered with real dark circles under my eyes for years.... have noticed that the circles are fading.... has anyone else noticed this positive side effect to the diet? Am thinking it is maybe because their is no crap going in, and all the right nutrients....ideas?

Anyway.... off to physio with my daughter and I will catch up here when I get back!

Everyone have a good day today!

you are doing really well Anne, you could be right about the lack of salt making you less thirsty. As long as you are taking in at least 2.5 litres you should be OK.

The dark circles is probably down to the nutrients in the shakes as well as the water, but then you were already drinking tonnes of water so dunno??

Hydrotherapy sounds interesting... tell me more.

My daughter has mobility problems.... and has very little strength in her tummy.... therfore she throws her upper body forward for balance which causes her ham strings to tighten and she ends up having to walk on her toes...

The hydrotherapy is just one in a number of therapies she does each week to strengthen her body... they are teaching her to swim, as she is very uncoordinated and lacks concentration....

She enjoys it though!!!

Once I reach 14 stone, I am going to start going swimming with my children... beneficial all around I think!

OMG I just have to say that I feel so happy for you and want to support you, when you said how you had lost/are losing the bags under your eyes I thought how you must be so happy about it all (and obviously the weight loss too).

I feel so much better about the diet today too, I have accepted it too as a way of life for the next few weeks. I had to turn down a work dinner last night, but there will be many many more, and I would just have been feeling crap today otherwise.

Oooh can you give me your recipee for crisps, and which savoury pack do you use? I know the recipes are on here, but here I quantities aren't quite right........?

LOL I don't mind talking about my daughter and didn't think for one minute you were prying!!

As for the under eye bags, yes I am happy but more so for finally feeling in control!

With the crisps I have used the veg, the chilli and the cheese and broccoli.... I don't measure the water just trickle it in until the mixture is sloppy.... I then use the back of a teaspoon to smear rounds onto baking parchemnt (not greaseproof as it will stick) You have to have it very thin or they end up chewy! Not good! Remember if you cook them to have the equiavlent water (that you would normally make up the soup with) as a drink to ensure you don't miss out on you water.... I had a couple of crisp disasters before getting it totally right and last night was best of all.. but next time I will use half a pack of soup and half a pack of shake to drink alongside it!

Hope that helps!

As today comes to a close I have has a few sticky moments this evening....

I cooked tea tonight for the family... (Fridays is always takeaway night) So I cooked pizza, garlic bread ect....

At no time was I hungry..... Bit I got the most awful panc session going on...
Can I do this? How can I last 5 months? Will I ever be able to do it?
I felt sick to my stomach!
It took a good while for me to get my head totally straight again.....
I caught my reflection in a shop window today and could absolutely see the difference already, my stomach seems much flatter....
Only a couple of days now before weigh in n umber two and am desperate for the 4+ weight loss to give me the stone in 2 weeks... I know it doesn't matter, as it's still com ing of quick but I am so impatient and need to get the first few stone out of the way....
Keep looking at the size 16 dress in my wardrobe and wonder when it will fit me.....
Sooooooooo excited!
Anyway off to watch BB...
Gosh i hope Laura goes! SHe gives all big girls a bad name, such a lazy , slovenly nasty girl!!!!
Hope everyone has had a good day and resisted those friday temptations... Night all!!!

Back