New to Exante & this Forum

Ketoveggie

Hi,
Here to share my up's and downs while I lose weight. Looking forward to some moral support as I go and of course to also give support to others. Especially looking forward to chatting with Vegans/ Vegetarians who are on the TS. Sian x

Hi,
Here to share my up's and downs while I lose weight. Looking forward to some moral support as I go and of course to also give support to others. Especially looking forward to chatting with Vegans/ Vegetarians who are on the TS. Sian x
Hey I'm day 9, good luck! Stick with it, it gets easier 😊

Hey,
How are you finding it on day 9?

I'm no longer feeling any real hunger. My tummy has the occasional grumble of an evening but I no longer have any real cravings as such, which I'm very thankful for.
I'm trying to stay on 'auto pilot' for the next couple of weeks, not thinking too hard about it all. Having my shakes around about the same time each day, trying to stretch the first one until lunch time. ( not always managing to. lol) I find the earlier I have the first, the hungrier I get later on in the day.

Best of luck to you too!

Hey,
How are you finding it on day 9?

I'm no longer feeling any real hunger. My tummy has the occasional grumble of an evening but I no longer have any real cravings as such, which I'm very thankful for.
I'm trying to stay on 'auto pilot' for the next couple of weeks, not thinking too hard about it all. Having my shakes around about the same time each day, trying to stretch the first one until lunch time. ( not always managing to. lol) I find the earlier I have the first, the hungrier I get later on in the day.

Best of luck to you too!
Yea I'm not finding it too bad, I'm struggling with smelling food. That's the only time I feel like breaking. When hubby cooked his pizza or something but I've stayed strong so far! I'm the same as you, I keep to regular times and I have a can of Dr pepper zero in the evening while hubby eats to get through it lol I've started adding ice to my shakes and blending them a little bit and it fills them out and makes it last longer.
Apparently if you mix half and half shakes you get some real nice flavours so I'm going to try that too.
Thanks, hope you get a good loss!

It's all mind over matter, eh! It can be a nightmare having to cook for someone else just now. I make my OH's tea then I leave him to it. :D A little trick to get over cravings when smelling food is to keep a bit of peppermint essential oil to hand and have a wee wiff of that. That might just be weird? It works for me anyhoo!
I've started to have a black coffee of an evening which seems to really settle things down for me. I find it strange though because I could probably count on one hand all the cups of coffee I've drunk, my whole life! I've never liked the smell or taste too much. I love the shakes when mixed with ice, it makes such a difference to their taste. I've yet to try one with hot water but I may give it a go at some point. The icy drinks are so good in the heat just now.

It's all mind over matter, eh! It can be a nightmare having to cook for someone else just now. I make my OH's tea then I leave him to it. :D A little trick to get over cravings when smelling food is to keep a bit of peppermint essential oil to hand and have a wee wiff of that. That might just be weird? It works for me anyhoo!
I've started to have a black coffee of an evening which seems to really settle things down for me. I find it strange though because I could probably count on one hand all the cups of coffee I've drunk, my whole life! I've never liked the smell or taste too much. I love the shakes when mixed with ice, it makes such a difference to their taste. I've yet to try one with hot water but I may give it a go at some point. The icy drinks are so good in the heat just now.
It's funny you should say that I was considering a black coffee yesterday. And I never drink coffee 🤔

Oh that's weird. I'm not going to have any more, it's not something I want to get a taste for. I did a quick search and found this regarding Coffee on a low carb diet:

"Some low carbers have no problems with coffee, while others release unhealthy levels of cortisol – a stress hormone.

These low carbers become over-stimulated and easily dependent on the caffeine in coffee."

Oh that's weird. I'm not going to have any more, it's not something I want to get a taste for. I did a quick search and found this regarding Coffee on a low carb diet:

"Some low carbers have no problems with coffee, while others release unhealthy levels of cortisol – a stress hormone.

These low carbers become over-stimulated and easily dependent on the caffeine in coffee."
Yikes! Don't want to start that then! I have enough stress as it is lol

It's funny you should say that I was considering a black coffee yesterday. And I never drink coffee 🤔

Hi both. It sounds like you are both doing great! I mix my shakes with double water....makes them taste like old fashioned nesquik, makes them last longer, and keeps the water intake high. Now you are both seasoned coffee drinkers 🤭, you could try mixing some of the flavours with coffee rather than water, eg vanilla, or coconut ones. Pop it in a blender and it makes a really nice drink....as close as I can get to a latte without going off plan. 😃

Good luck! I think you’ve started at a really good time of year. I’m on day 13 and find the hot weather is really helping with keeping up water levels as well as reducing appetite. I, like you, am just trying to get to a healthy weight. To be honest, I didn’t think I would be able to stick to a vcld but so far so good. If I can do it, anyone can. All the best :)

@ Pigletville. Hey, flashback of Banana flavoured nesquik. Yummy!! Haha. I'm staying well away from coffee from now on. It must of been having a moment of madness. It's horrible stuff. Lol I do have some herbal tea ( Liver detox) unsure whether to have it or not. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that fruity teas can kick you out of ketosis? I'm thinking it would probably be ok, but I don't want to risk it as I feel I'm now at a point where I don't want to chew my own arm off with hunger. Your weight loss to date is amazing. x

Hi Sparkle, Thank you! Best of luck to you too! I agree, the hot weather has been a blessing really as far as having lovely shakes topped up with ice. It's not feeling like any real hardship just now. I did try one of my teatime shakes with hot water a couple of days ago. Almond and Vanilla, I think. Geez! It was disgusting! :D

Last edited:
@ Pigletville. Hey, flashback of Banana flavoured nesquik. Yummy!! Haha. I'm staying well away from coffee from now on. It must of been having a moment of madness. It's horrible stuff. Lol I do have some herbal tea ( Liver detox) unsure whether to have it or not. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that fruity teas can kick you out of ketosis? I'm thinking it would probably be ok, but I don't want to risk it as I feel I'm now at a point where I don't want to chew my own arm off with hunger.

Hi, right now I'm too scared to try anything that might contain additional, albeit natural sugars so am giving all fruit teas a wide berth. Also avoiding them for any natural citric acid they may contain. I must have seemed so ungrateful the other day, when I returned a free glass of tap water some one had got me, because it contained a slice of lemon!! Lol I'm not sure if it's willpower or fear of dropping out of ketosis that keeps us on track on VLCD!

Hi, right now I'm too scared to try anything that might contain additional, albeit natural sugars so am giving all fruit teas a wide berth. Also avoiding them for any natural citric acid they may contain. I must have seemed so ungrateful the other day, when I returned a free glass of tap water some one had got me, because it contained a slice of lemon!! Lol I'm not sure if it's willpower or fear of dropping out of ketosis that keeps us on track on VLCD!

Haha! "Take that lemon away from me this instance!! " I totally get where you're coming from. We've worked too hard to get to whatever point we are at right now to mess it up through ignorance but I cant help feeling as though i'm walking on a knifes edge with this TS, so I'm trying to educate myself on the best way to get where I want to be. This is why I love forums such as this, I get to chat with people who can empathise with my situation, many because they are either going through the same or have gone through it, come out the other side and have good advice to share. Brilliant! :D

Can I ask a quick question? This is my 1st time on exante and I am on day 14. I still haven't received my ebook. How many bars can I have in a day? I've been having 2 bars and 1 sweet and sour every day so far which has worked really well as i am a taxi driver and mum of 1 and 2 year old boys. However I have just read something about limiting the number of bars per day albeit on a very old link. What does exante advise re the bars if anything? I don't want to be slowing down my weight loss unknowingly. Anyone?

Can I ask a quick question? This is my 1st time on exante and I am on day 14. I still haven't received my ebook. How many bars can I have in a day? I've been having 2 bars and 1 sweet and sour every day so far which has worked really well as i am a taxi driver and mum of 1 and 2 year old boys. However I have just read something about limiting the number of bars per day albeit on a very old link. What does exante advise re the bars if anything? I don't want to be slowing down my weight loss unknowingly. Anyone?

Hey,
My first time on it too. :)
I'm not too sure tbh, I cant think that I've seen anywhere that says you should limit them, but I could be wrong. If the products are all around the same nutritional value then I cant see why it would matter?
I've only used the shakes, so far.
You could chase them up about the ebook? I didn't find it of much use, it wasn't very in-depth.

Just give them a ring and ask for the ebook. They forgot to send mine too. Re the bar question I don't know the answer. I try to restrict my bars to one a day, but that's just because, they tend not to fill me up as much as drinking the shakes, and are too quick to eat. The shakes take longer to prepare (albeit seconds extra, and the longer I go without eating the better!) and with extra water, it also counts towards your total liquid intake. I did read somewhere, that the shakes are better for loss, but no reason was given.

Just had a quick look at the ebook for you. It's pretty basic but as regards to the TS diet it says: " Simply replace all traditional meals with 3 Exante meal replacements per day … You can choose any combination of bars, shakes, meals, soups or desserts … Giving you a total intake of just over 600cals"
I cant see anything about limiting the bars.
Sian x

Thank you Sian and Pigletville. The information in the ebook sounds pretty clear. I have my 2 week weigh in tomorrow so let's see what the scales say! I think I'll continue as I am for practical reasons. If weight loss in my 3rd or subsequent weeks drops below 3lbs then I will re-evaluate. Thanks for your advice and hope the diet is going well for you both x

Thank you Sian and Pigletville. The information in the ebook sounds pretty clear. I have my 2 week weigh in tomorrow so let's see what the scales say! I think I'll continue as I am for practical reasons. If weight loss in my 3rd or subsequent weeks drops below 3lbs then I will re-evaluate. Thanks for your advice and hope the diet is going well for you both x
I think that's the answer...do what works for you.
😁

Back