New Year, back on the GL bandwagon

So weigh in today and 4lbs lost :bliss:I am also feeling just "better" in myself; my heartburn has gone and my energy is coming back :D This time I am definately back for good :p

Today's menu:

B - porridge with almonds and sweet freedom
S - nakd bar
L - tomato and lentil soup; 2 oatcakes; blueberries
S - pear, handful cashews (left over from Christmas so unfortunately of the salted variety)
D - will be cauliflower cheese (made with half fat creme fraiche instead of trad sauce) and couple of "good" sausages.

Well done on a fab loss and for feeling so much better too. Keep up the good work.

Congratulations on the weightloss! You're doing well, and the food sounds yummy!

I've noticed that eating low GL makes my stomach aches, bloated tummy and acid burns go away.

Super well done on the weight loss. It's also a great bonus when you actually feel better too eg no heartburn etc :)

Today's menu:

B - porridge with almonds and sweet freedom
S - nakd bar
L - ham omelette and salad
S - cashew nuts and apple
D - tarragon chicken with spring greens and mushrooms; blueberries; couple of squares Green & Blacks espresso chocolate (yum)

Exercise - Davina's Power of 3 dvd (forgot how tough this is, my legs are aching!!). Long walk with dog.

Dinner sound lovely
I've never heard of that workout DVD but davina is a fitness fanatic so I can imagine how tough that is! She's got better abs then most men at my gym

Food is looking good! Sounds like you're getting back into the groove of low GL :)

Eek, I had a bit of a blip today. I nipped to Sainsburys after finishing work and before the school run. You what they say, never go food shopping on an empty stomach. I spied the Malteser bunnies back in store 2 for £1, bought them with the intention of giving them to the kids, but ended up scoffing them myself in the car
icon_redface.gif
300 calories down the pan plus the damage done to my blood sugar levels
no.gif
, followed by a bag of Nairns oatbakes.

Oh well, that's what I get for skipping lunch.

Today:

B - usual porridge
S - nakd bar, babybel light
L - aforementioned malteser bunnies and oatbakes
D - will be salmon and stir fried veg.

My legs are aching today after yesterday's workout, so just a long dog walk today. Will do another proper workout tomorrow (now on days off from work; I love working part time :))

Breakfast and dinner looks good. Missing a meal or a snack can wreck havoc. I myself have been guilty of this many times >_< It's amazing how being hungry and shopping don't go hand and hand. Don't worry or stress about today, tomorrow is a new day and a new start :) So tomorrow you can have a new low GL day :) I would just write off today as a 80/20 day.

Thanks CaliSweden. I am trying to not let it be an excuse to go off the rails tonight. It's also that TOTM, which may have had something to do with reaching for the chocolate. Luckily I don't have too many "naughty" things in the house just now. Even the kids are having to make do with low GL "treats" (luckily they love them and are still too small to argue lol).

I really enjoyed my salmon, which I had with a small helping of Skinny Rice and loads of veg. Am going to fill up with water again tonight, and maybe have a long soak in the bath to keep me away from nibbles.

Skerry, don't let one bad day undo your good work. Don't feel guilty from it, learn from it. Tomorrow is a new day and you can get back to better choices!
You are doing really well.

I have these visions of a woman sat in sainsburys carpark eating chocolate bunnies, and got say been there, done that, know where you coming from ...not a nice feeling afterwards but hey we're only human......I came in late tonight and had to wait for the chicken to defrost ....I was starving ....I was prowling the kitchen for a low GL snack and by the time I worked out what would be best the thing to have the microwave pinged and DH walked in .....saved by the bell!!!

So, I am going out with the girls for a Chinese tomorrow night. I have already said that I will be the driver so that I won't be tempted to drink (alcohol will lower my willpower).

Am now thinking what to eat. How does hot and sour soup to start sound, followed by king prawns with cashew nuts and stir fried veg instead of rice? If I can push the prawn crackers down to the other end of the table, then I reckon I should be ok.

Oh, your Chinese meal sounds lovely. Those choices won't do damage. The prawn crackers would undo me!! Enjoy!

Jealous of your chinese, I'm going to have one on Valentines day :) Enjoy yourself, remember this is not a diet, it's a way of eating for the rest of your life so the odd occasional meal out should not really have drastic negative effects x

Exactly what shoegirl says, that low GL is a lifestyle and not really a diet. It's not about this or that food is banned, it's about moderation when you do eat something high GL. So if you do eat something high GL, you can try to lower the effects by having something low GL. Vinegar and lemon juice are a good way to help lower GL. :)

Your choices for dinner sound wonderful :)

Yep, what Cali and shoegirl have said is so true. GL is for life and so easy to stick with it.

Thanks everyone. Re the prawn crackers, I reckon that as long as I don't have the first one, then I'll be ok :)

I am really looking forward to a night out and a good blether. Enjoy your evenings too ladies, and I will check in tomorrow to let you know if I managed to resist lol

Quick log in, will catch up with everyone's posts later.

Had a great night last night. At one point I found myself reaching for the prawn crackers, and did have a couple (and I really mean a couple), but then stopped myself. I am not going to sweat over it, as this is going to be my eating plan for life, so in the bigger scheme of things, a couple of naughties now and then is to be expected. I am going to have a very "pure" day today though.

B - Get up and glo smoothie (made with blueberries). I really enjoyed this
S - fruitus bar
L - will be tomato and lentil soup and a couple of oatcakes followed by an apple or a pear
D - not sure yet. Possibly venison casserole.

It's okay to have some prawn crackers, as you said this is for life and you're allowed to enjoy some things. Don't worry about the crackers as they fall into the 80/20 rule, and today is a new day which is a new start:)

Food for today looks good too. The venison sounds really delicious.

Back