New Year, back on the GL bandwagon

Glad you had a lovely night :) Your menu today looks fab, I love the get up and go, haven't made it with blueberries yet but I'll be sure to give that a try

Well done on enjoying your night out without overdoing things. You are so right about this being for life. With that mindset, you will succeed and more.

Thanks for all you encouragment ladies, and welcome Annabella. I'm sure that you will love GL too, it's such an easy way of eating once you get started.

Had a bit of a lazy day today. Swimming first thing for my daughter (why did I sign her up for the 9am class
doh.gif
) followed by walking the dog in the woods, but just lazing about since. So now there's lego all over the house for me to pick up once they are in bed
tongue.gif

Anyway, today I have had

B - get up and go smoothie (made with banana today)
S - handful of nuts, babybel
L - 2 rashers grilled bacon with scrambled eggs, tomato and mushrooms
S - apple
D - will be steak and green veg. Probably followed by a couple of squares of 70% chocolate just because I have to really lol

Weigh In the day after tomorrow, so I'd better be good tonight
sunglasses.gif

Food looks good skerry, I'm sure you'll do great on weigh in :). Mmmm bacon!

Have had a lovely day. The weather today was great - really cold and frosty, but with beautiful clear blue skies. Plus the nights are definately getting shorter; it's 4:30 just now and just getting dark (a couple of weeks ago it was pitch black at this time). Feeling good!

Spent the afternoon making cheese flapjacks and some fruity flapjack type cakes. DD can take them into school for lunches and snacks this week. Plus the cheese flapjacks may help me on my manic Wednesdays, when I don't get to eat lunch.

I hope that everyone else has enjoyed their Sundays.

Today I have had:

B- cheese muffin
S - pear
L - brocolli and stilton soup and cheese flapjack
S - fruity, oaty cake bake thing
D - will be roast beef and veg.

Exercise - long walk with dog, Just Dance on Wii with kids (great fun :))

Food looks good Skerry, and the just dance on the wii sounds fun :)

Yay!! Another 3lbs off this week :) So half a stone in two weeks, with what feels like very little effort.

Another beautiful, icy day today with the most gorgeous sunset as I was driving to pick up my wee boy from nursery. I am just loving this weather, after all the wind and rain. Looking forward to lighting the fire once the littlies are in bed, and watching Stargazing live with Dr Brian Cox (yum yum ;)).

Today's menu:
B - breakfast muffin
S - nakd bar
L - brocolli and stilton soup, cheese flapjack
S - pear and handful peanuts
D - will be venison sausage casserole followed by a couple of squares of 70% choccie and some cherries.

Congratulations Skerry on your weightloss! That's really great that you are enjoying low GL, and feeling that it's little effort :)

Food sounds yummy today, mmm venison sausage!

Fantastic progress !!!! You really are a star! Well done!

Wow well done
Bet your feeling great :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks everyone :). Another gorgeous day, so I took the dog for a long walk after work. Now enjoying a cuppa peppermint tea and some peace and quiet before the nursery and school run!

Today's menu:

B - porridge
S - fruitus bar
L - brocolli soup and cheese flapjack
D - will chicken and cherry tomato bake (PH recipe).

Have got horrible headache today, which I can feel is coming from my shoulders/neck. Must have been the way I was sleeping last night. Will try and do some stretches later to loosen things up.

Ooo cheese flapjack I didn't know these existed sound lovely!!!

Yey for peppermint tea I'm am a herbal tea lover got a cupboard full :)

Food looks good, mmm broccoli soup!

The cheese flapjacks were a definate winner in this house, and really easy to make. I'll post the recipe in the recipe thread (quite calorific though).

Ah thanks I'll have a look
Tbh I'm struggling to get my calories up so it might help :)

Hee hee, I don't think I ever struggle keeping my calories up Lauren (greedy? moi?)

Another long walk with the dog after work today. It was colder than I thought it was going to be, and I really wished I hadn't forgotton my gloves! I made sure that I was (slightly) more organised today, as Wednesday's are difficult for me (working through lunch day).

B - porridge
s - fruitus bar
L - cheese flapjack, small packet peanuts, apple
s- babybel
D - will be cauli cheese and ham (I am in need of comfort food).

Our boiler is on the blink, so I am thanking the stars for our open fire in the living room! Have plugged in little oil filled radiators into the littlies rooms. Hubbie and I will just have to cuddle up and put on another couple of blankets. The engineer is supposed to be coming at 8am tomorrow morning.

Food's looking good Skerry, and mmmm cauli cheese and ham. Yummy! It's winter, so I'm always craving comfort food.

Ohh nooes that your boiler is being bad. Though it sounds romantic to cozy together in a blanket with the fireplace going :)

Well our boiler is up and running again, of a fashion. However we are now waiting for part to wing it's way up from England, so it still goes out every now and then. Good excuse to have a roaring fire every night. I had forgotton just how lovely it is :)

Didn't have a very good day yesterday. I started off well with porridge for breakfast, and lentil soup for lunch. However, I ended up making a pot of stovies (Scottish meal of tatties and meat cooked on the hob) which were very tasty, but not really low GL. I then went out and had rather too much wine. That of course, meant that today I had "hangover munchies" and I seem to have spent the day prowling my kitchen, looking for "something". Somehow I have managed not to be too bad (apart from a bacon butty), with the only real naughties being a couple of party ring biscuits (oh but they were very tasty!).

Today:
B - toast (Burgen) with peanut butter
L - bacon butty
S - 2 party ring biscuits, a couple of home made granola bars, handful of nuts.
D - home made beef madras with brown basmati rice; vodka and slim line tonic (well it is Saturday :))

Back