New Year, back on the GL bandwagon

Food sounds good:) Tomorrow is a new day, and no worries about the weekend:)

So another 4lbs off this week, but I think it's partly due to having a tummy bug yesterday (oh the joys of having littlies at nursery, they bring home all the illnesses). Not the most pleasant way to lose weight!

So yesterday's food.....2 rich tea biscuits!! Today my appetite still isn't really back to normal:
B slice burgen toast with peanut butter
Lsmall bowl lentil soup
D not sure yet. I don't really fancy anything. I'm making mince and tatties for the family so will maybe have mince and veggies.

Oh poor you, tummy bugs are no fun. :( Hope you feel better quickly! Congrats on your loss, you may say you would not have lost quite as much if you weren't poorly but you still would have had a good loss I'm sure. :) Don't worry if you put on a tiny bit post-bug, sometimes the body does that in recovery if it lost a lot of weight very quickly.

Well done on the weight loss
I don't think it was the tummy bug I think you've been doing so well and you've got to have lost most of that weight without it!!

Good luck for the week ahead and hope you feel back to full health soon

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Poor Skerry:( Tummy bugs are no fun, and it's amazing what germs get spread around from schools and daycare.

But, on a happy note, Congratulations on your weightloss! I think you're doing wonderful, keep up the good work!

Hello ,
I would like to join you on this thread,I did Gl 2 years ago but let things slideway way too far.
Pleased to have found a support forum.Started last week and Lost 4lbs when weighed yesterday,Have a long way to go but want to be at my ideal BMI orat least close to it by the time I get to 50 have 18 months to get there.I am not particularly i.t.savy so please bare with me.

Thanks everyone, and welcome icepop:)

I am feeling much better today, and my stomach is definately looking flatter :yay:

Today's menu:

B - slice burgen toast with peanut butter
S - fruitus bar
L - lentil soup and oatcake
S - handful peanuts
D - chilli con carne with small portion brown basmati rice

Thanks for the welcome.

Glad you are feeling better I had Noro virus 2 weeks ago wanted to die!!!!
lost my appetite for 2 days only,but missed daughter Birthday cake.
menu for today

2 slices Burgen bread peanut butter.
Thia carrot soup
poached salmon 2 new potatoes ,rocket green beans peppers.
5 almonds, apple,2 oatcakes with a little no added sugar peanut butter.
not enough water, herbal tea

Food looks good Skerry, and glad to hear you're feeling better today!

Welcome icepop! Also congratulations to your weightloss:) You can start your own food diary in the GI forums sections, that way it's easier to track yours:)

Well, being Scottish, I have to celebrate Burn's night so today's menu (definately a 20 day)

B - porridge
L - lentil soup
S - apple
D - will be haggis, neeps and tatties followed by crannachan :)

Food sounds good, and it's great to celebrate! :)

I had quite a good day yesterday:

B - banana get up and go smoothie
L - cheese omelette
S- cheese flapjack
D - venison casserole followed by couple squares G&B espresso chocolate

I've not been so good on the exercise front this month. Just lots of wallks with the dog. I really must try and get back to Zumba soon. I may start the 28 day shred dvd again in February, as it always seems to give good results.

Today has been okish

B - cup of coffee (swimming at 9am and we were running late as always)
L - bacon, poached egg and a tattie scone
S - cheese flapjack (I must freeze these as they are a bit moreish)
D - not sure yet, but I may be going down the route of a curry (homemade).

Our boiler is still on the blink. The "engineer" called yesterday to repair the panel, and completely killed it. I am not very happy, and have already phoned the company twice today chasing him up. It is absolutely freezing here just now, and I think it is unacceptable for a company to take 2 weeks to repair a boiler in the middle of winter (especially when we have two small children in the house). This must be costing us a fortune in electricity as we are having to use plug in heaters.

Hi Skerry,
well done on your menus.at least you are walking the dog..

let us know how the dvd goes.

We got fed up with our so called new boiler it kept going wrong.Our older one never did,but we had to change it when we had the house extended,,,

Away we felt we had to have one of those serviced contracts where they give an annual srvie and repair the boiler "free" of charge.This is the only item we have this sort of cover for.Think our boiler is a bit of a lemon as they all say this type is usually so reliable.....

They should be proiritising you as you have a young family.
keep warm.:)

Hmmm, we have one of those contracts with Homeserve, and so far they have been as useful as a chocolate teapot. One engineer been out already this morning, now we're waiting for another part to arrive from Dundee this afternoon!

Anyway, I stayed the same this week which I am quite happy with considering I was ill last week. It's been too cold here to do any dvd's over the weekend, but I have been good with my eating and taking the dog for his long walks :)

Today -

B - get up and go banana smoothie
L - falafel
D- sesame quinoea

I hope you're feeling better Skerry. Also hope that they'll fix your heater soon, maybe that's why you haven't been feeling well:(

Though I can say mmmmm falafel, so yummy. They're so good and low GL :)

Stayed the same again this week, which I am a bit meh about as I have been good (even if I've not been good at coming on here). It is that time of the month so, so maybe next week I'll have a decent loss again.

Today's menu:
B - porridge with almonds and sweet freedom
S - fruitus bar
L - was going to be chicken soup but it didn't defrost in time so I had scrambled eggs and ham instead followed by two tangerines
D - paprika pork in the slow cooker waiting for tonight :)

It smells nice too :) It's a new recipe for me from the Good Food website. I'll report back if it's good.

STS is really good especially when totm hits. I think you're doing great, keep up the good work.

Sorry, but I have been a bit rubbish about coming on here recently. Life has been pretty busy (but in a good way :)). And now it's half term, so not much laptop time for me this week.

I hope everyone is doing well. I will try and catch up with everyone's diaries soon. I have lost another 2lbs this week, despite going out twice over the weekend (early Valentines meal on Saturday, then out for my Dad's birthday yesterday). I did try to stick to reasonably low GL choices, and didn't have any bread, and it seems to have been worth it.

Back