Newbie just leaving the 26 stone zone...need some buddies to keep me going :)

MrsLisaMarie said:
Just checking in again...I am now 5 stone and 1.5lbs lighter!!! Can't believe it! Only 2.5lbs and I will be in the 21's :)

That is great! You are doing so well. You'll be leaving the 20's soon. I remember how good that felt. Keep believing. x

Have you considered amending your stats?

So, if i were you, I'd make my goal weight ' 19 stone 13lbs ... ' because it's very achievable and you're not looking at a stark figure saying '10 plus stone to lose ' all the time. And then, when you hit that, the goal becomes 18 stone 13 and so on and so forth.

This obviously may not help you! just trying to think of things that spurred me on. I started at 15 stone 2lbs and am now 9 stone 1lb, so a loss of over 6 stone. If i'd have thought ' right, I'm going to be 9 stone! ' I'd have caved in on day 2 I should think!

I don't quite qualify for the century club as my total loss is around 84lbs i think. however, I feel such a sense of achievement when i think about it. And you are doing what a lot of people cannot do - and that is lose weight consistently and successfully.

To be honest I would rather keep the main goal there as I look at my "tickers" most of the time for the smaller goals. It did say 16+ stone to lose at one point so I am very proud :)

Good idea though.

I am thinking of asking my SW consultant to start my weight loss again in group from my year anniversary. I don't want to rely on 2012's loss and want to start 2013 on a whole new weight and goal.

Thanks for your advice though :)

Have you considered amending your stats?

So, if i were you, I'd make my goal weight ' 19 stone 13lbs ... ' because it's very achievable and you're not looking at a stark figure saying '10 plus stone to lose ' all the time. And then, when you hit that, the goal becomes 18 stone 13 and so on and so forth.

This obviously may not help you! just trying to think of things that spurred me on. I started at 15 stone 2lbs and am now 9 stone 1lb, so a loss of over 6 stone. If i'd have thought ' right, I'm going to be 9 stone! ' I'd have caved in on day 2 I should think!

I don't quite qualify for the century club as my total loss is around 84lbs i think. however, I feel such a sense of achievement when i think about it. And you are doing what a lot of people cannot do - and that is lose weight consistently and successfully.

I have actually amended my stats haha. I have set my first goal as 19 stone. I hope to hit that by my birthday in March :) That would make me 8 stone and 3.5lbs lighter :)

Last edited:
Ha - change of heart?

I just knew it spurred me on - no idea why really? I was always amending my stats! It just seems to keep you focussed on a small goal as opposed to something which can sometimes seem overwhelming.

You will easily be there by March if you stick with it. I read so many diaries where folk seem to slip after a really good start and then begin having 'days off plan' and they just lose it. How have you stayed so focussed? You will really feel a huge difference once you hit under 20 stone.

I read an interesting study once... apparently only a very rare few people can successfully lose weight without surgery once they go over about 22 stone. I can't quite remember the reasons why - but it takes a certain dedication to the cause to stick with it.

I've got a real feeling that you're going to do it. Just think - next christmas you'll be there!!!! I look forward to following your journey - you're definitely inspiring me.

I have actually amended my stats haha. I have set my first goal as 19 stone. I hope to hit that by my birthday in March :) That would make me 8 stone and 3.5lbs lighter :)
Wow your doing great and your birthday is around mine us Pisces girls :) I love this area of the forum especially reading the stories of others who have done so amazingly well. It also keeps me on track reading others have stuck to it, as I know a couple of times I have had a wobble. Hopefully around our birthdays we can have good weigh ins :)

Wow your doing great and your birthday is around mine us Pisces girls :) I love this area of the forum especially reading the stories of others who have done so amazingly well. It also keeps me on track reading others have stuck to it, as I know a couple of times I have had a wobble. Hopefully around our birthdays we can have good weigh ins :)

Thank you very much and well done on your 7st1.5lb loss! Wow! Can't wait til I can say I have lost that much xx

Ha - change of heart?

I just knew it spurred me on - no idea why really? I was always amending my stats! It just seems to keep you focussed on a small goal as opposed to something which can sometimes seem overwhelming.

You will easily be there by March if you stick with it. I read so many diaries where folk seem to slip after a really good start and then begin having 'days off plan' and they just lose it. How have you stayed so focussed? You will really feel a huge difference once you hit under 20 stone.

I read an interesting study once... apparently only a very rare few people can successfully lose weight without surgery once they go over about 22 stone. I can't quite remember the reasons why - but it takes a certain dedication to the cause to stick with it.

I've got a real feeling that you're going to do it. Just think - next christmas you'll be there!!!! I look forward to following your journey - you're definitely inspiring me.

It's a very long story and my motivation actually comes from my pregnancy. Not from how I felt or carried baby but how I was treated. More than anything my weight loss is a big middle finger up to all the snooty consultants/midwives/drs who more or less wrote me off and told me that for a number of reasons I would die/lose baby/become diabetic even though I had the healthiest pregnancy of all my "normal sized" friends. I was told by the consultant who performed my c-section that I really should think about losing weight if I wanted the chance to meet any grandchildren I may have 2 hours after coming out of the theatre. Mortified to say the least and all I can say is "thank you" to them for the almightly kick up the backside and prove them all wrong.

:) Bit of a rant but I believe that really is the main motivation.

My baby girl is now a gorgeous 2 year old and I want to return to that hospital at least 10 stone lighter (hopefully more) when I am carrying my second child.

I say thank you to these people because losing the weight really has improved my life, even if their strategies were horrid.

You were right. Setting my goal to 19 stone is not only achievable but also with the amount to lose (2stone 12.5) that seems like a less daunting figure to tackle. :)
x

Ah yes. The people who look down on you when you're overweight. The pitying looks. The prejudice towards fat people - as if we are somehow stupid idiots without feelings.

My boyfriend has these attitudes which I challenge him on constantly. He never knew me overweight, not really. And even though I am slim now I won't forget how I was made to feel in the past. I came to be overweight because I like cake and can eat compulsively. I have managed to turn this around I think but i am always vigilant and mindful of what I eat. It's very easy to lie to yourself when you're on a diet I found. I make myself accountable for everything i eat and i never, ever think in terms of ' days off plan ' or ' I will stuff my face today and 'get back to it ' tomorrow '... THAT is the biggest thing for me to turn around. A binge mentality.

I now eat what I want, when I want. but never any snacks, only three times a day and no white carbs. That works.

God, it's a slog but SO worth it.

Yes, looking at your stats now you can say ' I only have a couple of stone to lose and I'll see how i feel when I get there... '

You'll feel motivated!

Hi, just wanted to say how amazingly you are doing. I remember following your thread for the first few months, but then life gets in the way, and have only just been going back through all the subscribed threads I have. The moment the scales hit 19 stone something is uplifting-knowing that never again will you see a '2' in the front of your weight. Sadly for me I had a few problems and put on 2 stone of the 4 I lost, but Im back on track now, and now 13lbs away from being back in the '19s' Good luck chick x Jo x

Wow! What a fantastic thread! Huge congratulations to you :)
I started on April 17th weighing 22st 3lbs and I'm now 16st 9lb (hoping to be less when I WI on Tues). Getting into the 19s was a huge milestone for me, then 18s.. And it kept going! I love SW :)
Well done again x

Only 1/2 lb off this week...bit gutted as I was good last week. One of those things...maybe fluid as I was going to the loo quite a lot yesterday after weighing on saturday?!?

Making spicy parsnip soup tonight and going to attempt butternut squash soup too...going for a 100% week this week and seeing what I can do about taking a big chunk out of that 24.5lbs needed to my century club! xx

Well that is better than a gain or a STS!

Do you write down everything you eat? I still do this, just so I can work out what is working and what I can eat without a gain.

Maybe for this week look at your carb intake? That is usually the cause of weight gain or slow loss on SW - I know my view point is not popular on the SW boards but it does kinda stand to reason that too much bread/pasta/rice etc is calorific and will not help matters.

The soup sounds fab though - great for weight loss

Well that is better than a gain or a STS!

Do you write down everything you eat? I still do this, just so I can work out what is working and what I can eat without a gain.

Maybe for this week look at your carb intake? That is usually the cause of weight gain or slow loss on SW - I know my view point is not popular on the SW boards but it does kinda stand to reason that too much bread/pasta/rice etc is calorific and will not help matters.

The soup sounds fab though - great for weight loss

Last week I didn't have many potatoes, pasta etc but I seemed to be bloated. Dunno really but I have been keeping tabs on what I am eating this week to speak to my consultant about it next week. Looking back over my losses I tend to have decent losses followed by smaller ones and was told a while ago I was best looking at losses as an average over 2 weeks. My sister has potatoes (sw chips) with every evening meal, no veg (apart from mushy peas) and has a similar weight loss to me with her starting at 17stone6 in January. Like you said, without keeping track you don't know what foods are your bad foods.

xx

Back