Newbie need help staying motivated!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SamH, 15 September 2010 Social URL.

1. SamH

SamH New Member

Hi!!
    I joined the site a while ago but have only just got around to posting in here. I started Slimming World last October, but then i went on holiday and completely went off track (for 11 months:eek:) however i have now put a bet on that i will get back into my prom dress by my 21st birthday in December, i really just need help staying motivated as i find one treat leads to another and so on... so any advice will be appreciated!!
    Looking forward to joining the community!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hope you get into your prom dress.

Irene xx

4. Fruitysunshine

Fruitysunshine Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.9%)
    Diet:
    Slim And Save
    Hi Sam - I'm doing a different plan to you but I just wanted to say hello and good luck for getting to your goal!

5. 16to10

16to10 Now Maintaining :)

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(30.25%)
    Diet:
    Was on Cambridge Diet
    Hi and good luck - hope you get into your dress! :)

6. Miss Mango

Miss Mango Little Miss Wii Fit!

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    Hi there Sam and :welcome2: to the forums hun! Right, I'll help to keep you motivated!! :D We're all here to support and encourage each other - we're all in the same boat :)
    I have two dresses that I also want to get into - they do fit but I have a few ripples and rolls so therefore they don't look good - I find that I can give myself more incentive by trying the dress on once a week to see how I'm doing, it makes me want to try harder when I see either success or no change. You probably already do this yourself!

But I find that not pushing myself too hard is getting me better results. By that I mean I don't deprive myself too much - I have cut my portions down drastically though. I'm not doing any diet like SW or WW, I'm just doing this on my own but I know you'll have guidelines for yourself with your SW.

Anyway, I hope to chat with you soon and see you come online with results - good luck hun! X

7. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi & welcome to the forum. Ok so we can help you stay on track what treats do you usually eat which lead to more?

We can then try & find some SW friendly low syn treats you can eat when you feel the need.;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.