Nicci's journal

oh dear go help me!! i cant stop cheating i have just got in from work made my porridge and then thought sod that binned it and had fishcakes, 3 peices of bread and a chedder and red onion flat bread it didnt even taste that good i am just craving food all the time i am definatly going to have a gain this week now :(

Sophie fresh day today, after all the pain i was in yesterday i said to hubby i needed to eat something, so yesterday i had a 120g of chicken and a bit of salad, and i got on my scales this morning and had lost nearly a pound since yesterday and my ketostix siad i was still in ketosis, so i was well chuffed i may even talk to my cdc to see if i can go on ss+, but i not able to see her til wednesday this week and i didnt really buy enough packs to see me thru til then thats why i thought i would have a salad,
so i still classing yesterday as a 100% day, as i didnt go off the rails like i could have done as the rest of the family had chinese and i took myself upstairs away from the gorgeous smell.

Hi guys

Just a quick message to let you know i might not be posting for a little while, my partners dad has passed away at aged 50 and not sure how much i will be sticking to diet/getting on here. Hope everyone is doing good and i will try to pop in to see how you's are getting on.

Nicci x

Sorry to hear your news Nicci thoughts are with you all.

Sorry a me post coming up.
I totally peeved off, the diet going great and i have been in touch with the fertility clinic and have said i have lost to 2 stone they required, for them only to change the goal posts, they have told me to basically loss another 4 stone before they will even investigate me. I cant believe it i am so gutted and distaught i have been onto my DR and waiting for a phone call back as they not taking into consideration i have put arthritis meds on hold until after IVF or anything, I hate it when they tell you one thing then to change it when you get there. Arrrrgggghhh, sorry for rant, i think we all done it now, so i now looking at 58lb loss now that seems so far away.lol OH well back SSing should maybe have that off after christmas.

Last edited:
hi paris i
I really feel for you! I know how far away a big loss can seem but you are doing amazingly i wish i had your will power, 6 stome seem miles away to me but im gonna get there. 1 by 1 your tick them stone off.
Im dreading way in this week, today is my first 100% day this week :(
and weigh in is on thurday might move it to friday though but am disappointed with my self as this is the second lapse ive had now and i could of lost over 2 stone by now if it wasnt for all my messing around!
Im just craving anythinf edible!!!

well as i cant weigh in with CDC til tomorrow when i normally weigh in on monday evening, I am going by wii fit at the moment and i have lost 3lb this week, but CDC scales my weigh me differently we shall see. but that will be the count down started on the big target and gradually eat it way into the 58lb.

i just had to update my tickers and height i was shortening myself by an inch, so all that rectified now, so 55lb to lose now to be at Target that sounds better and i have whatever i lose tomorrow to take off so we shall see,

Hi guys.

Paris, it feels like alot of weight but on cd diet it'll be gone before you know it. Its daunting to see the numbers but just stick to your weekly weigh in goals and it'll be abit more manageable.

Its been a tough couple of days for me foodwise as been to in laws for tea etc so couldnt exactly refuse to eat but my OH agrees with me in trying to stick with it. Weighing in the morning and gonna try my best to work around whats going on. I think my toughest challenge is going to be the funeral, its out of town so might have to stay over with the in laws and be abit hard to explain without telling everyone. Theres two parts to the family, where we live and where the dad lives so plenty of get togethers. It sounds awful with whats happened but i really need to get this weight off for me, life goes on and i havent got one at this weight. Its my birthday in just over 6 weeks and with this happening im more determined than ever to get fit and healthy and to start living life. Post mortem is being carried out (it happened in scotland so body needed to be transferred to edinburgh for the post mortem to be carried out -so we can know what happened). Should know on thursday and then funeral arrangements can be made. Its awful as i havent met most of his family on his dads side so will be meeting them for the first time at the funeral. Something like this really makes you put things in perspective and im not going to wait until im thin etc to start to live im gonna do it right now!

Will be back tomorrow morning ith my weigh in although i had to get some new scales today as one of the cats/dogs peed on the scales i keep behind the settee??? i bought some ten poun ones and they dont even show your weight in half pounds WTF! so gonna exchange them tomorrow as every little bit counts when you weigh in lol.

Well done sophie for getting back on mid week after slip up i would have thought the week had been wasted and just kept on eating and putting on weight that week and instead you will have a loss however big or small :D

Nicci x

Nicci- I know what you mean, My dad doesn't know i am on CD and he keeps asking me out for lunch i am gradually running out of excuses. But now i have this goal to get to i will not break it as if i dont my dream of another baby will definately not happen. I sure hope you see a loss at weigh in this morning. My CDC cant weigh me til 8 pm tonight, and i always weigh heavier in evening.
I like you haven't meet quite a few of my DH relatives and i may well be like you meet them at a funeral or something for the first time, which is not ideal but these things happen.
Just take everything a day at a time and pat yourself on the back everytime you have a fab day food wise. i have lil stars i put in diary so i can see i have done well. Sad i know lol.

hi everyone else hope you all doing well.

Weigh in tonight and another 6lb for week so 1st 8lb in 4 weeks i am chuffed with that.

Paris that fantastic!!! i been waiting to find out what your weigh in was for a bit of motivation and its worked. we can do this!!
Ive done 2 days now 100% and gonna move my weigh in from thursday to friday to give some xtra time all be it a day. swam 40 lengths this morning before work and 40 again tonight going to do the same tomorow and then swim once on Friday, i dont no how much this will help as i have cheated so much i just really dont want to have had a gain :(

nicci- i really admire you for sticking to your diet through your situation but i think your doing the right thing you might as well be in a bad place and slimmer as putting weight on is'nt going to help any situation

Were is everyone else?? hope everyone is doing good!!

Sophie- with all those extra calories burnt swimming i hope you see the loss you deserve. Welldone on 2 100% days it is hard but a day at a time and we'll get there,

paris- i hope your right, but all i keep thinking is if i put on at the begining of the week that it might show as a maintain or a small gain just have to see.
Your doing sooo well, i work with someone who has also been told to loose weight before they can have IVF and shes been half heartedly dieting for about 6 months and lost about 6lb in total, for you to be this focused you must want this baby more than anything!!
It seemto be only us two and nicci on here at the moment, wonder whats happened to everyone else?

http://www.familylobby.com

Last edited:
I dont know what has happened to others Sophie, I hope they all ok.

I was given the task of 2 stone july 08, but i just couldnt get the weight off and i had already lost around 2 stone with gp nurse, and i just got dispondant about it but, recently i thought look i not getting any younger i must get this done, or i miss out on chance totally, Me and DH are really wanting a baby between us, and had tried fornigh on 3 yrs before finding there a problem, But each month i still hold the hope that it will happen naturally, But with the weight gone, i will be smaller than i was when i had my other 3.

|Well just keep it in mind that since your bad start you have turned your days around and you couldnt have done any better over the past few days.

hi me lovelies.

its suppose to be my official weigh in tomorrow but i did it yesterday instead as im 100% ssing this week so wanted to start a new week today. Only lost a pound but was expecting a gain so happy with that.

Still no news on post mortem results, talked to geoffs (marks dad) wife anne today and post mortem has been carried out, She expected to pick up results today but they have posted them for some reason. Gotta hang on now as there is a postal strike going on? It happened in scotland so we cant get much information from their police ect but anne has a family liason officer. Cant wait to just find out for definate what has happened and to get a date for funeral. Its going to be private cremation with just close family and then a ceremony and a sit down tea at the local hotel where geoff lived. I dont know you will have heard of it but hes from otterburn?

Im actually doing ss+ for the next two weeks as going to families houses for tea and think it ill be easier if i can have a chicken or tuna salad. The weight loss wont be as high but at least i will be on my way with it.

Glad to see you girls are on track we will be skinny minnies in no time :D

Nicci x

I had 2 SS+ days last week Nicci and i still lost 6lb so it can be a good loss, Welldone on the 1lb it is better than a gain. Hope things can get sorted with funeral soon.

I on SS+ in a few weeks as away on holiday and i want to enjoy it. but when back straight back to ss for me.

yes the skinny minnies will soon be hitting the town

i do ss+ on the odd day here and there i think your better doing that then ssing it and cheating its never really affected my weight loss i dont think well i still had big losses i was happy with. I think your doing fab nicci to keep focused just keep thinking about them pajamas that YOU WILL GET INTO!! :)

Last edited:
I got my new Bra though the post today, i still cant believe i went from a 44G to a 38JJ, i took a side view photo cant believe how much it makes a difference to profile.

paris - you must feel great i think once i start noticing my weight loss it will give me a boost but ive lost a stone and 2lb and still feel exactly the same which is soo frustrating :(

Back