Nikki (AKA Wannabslim)'s Diary- Leaving the WW forum!

Lol Starlight you have a point there! Tho I think he was planning to save for a little longer first as he wants to buy me the perfect ring of my dreams which requires a few more extra days of overtime :D hehe! I am just so pleased that he bought the subject up, not me, and for the rest of the evening he was mentioning it in little ways, so I think that probably means (knowing him the way i do) that he has made his mind up and in his head is ready now. SO now Im just waiting for the surprise :D

Diet has gone ok today. Had my special K for brekkie again (1.5 pts), a packet of baked and funsize maltesers for snacks (4 pts), and a fresh made-to-order salad bowl, no dressing, with mainly lettuce but also onion, cucumber, cheddar cheese, tuna, egg, a couple of slices of ham and salami and a little brie. Not sure on the points value- obviously the salad veg is free but I think I need to point the cheese at a total of 3 points and the meat and fish at 1.5 points, total 4.5. I also had a smoothie (mango and orange) which due to calories actually is 2 points!!! :eek:!!! So that means I have consumed 12 points so far and have 10 left! I'm only planning to use 8 of them as I now have to work tonight so will have my night of enjoyment tomorrow! Was hoping to have a night off but they are desperate and friday night is the best night for tips so it will be worth my 4 hours as am likely to double my money in tippage :) xx

Sounds like youve had a lovely day Nikki! .. I love premade salads altho when i almost bought one from tesco the other week a prawn one i checked it and it totaled 12 pnts!!!!!!! it was lettuce carrot a tiny few bits of sweetcorn and prawns with seafood dressing! I really cant see where the points would have come from! lol ......

I hope he gets down on one knee! and does it all properly! all romantic like! lol ....... I asked my boyrfiend today! and altho were not getting married! were are going to have "promise rings" hehe ..

Xxx

Awww congrats hun, thats brilliant news!! I know he will do it properly :D he knows im an old romantic so dont think he would dare not!!

It wasnt a premade salad, I stood there and told her exactly what I wanted in the sarnie shop- thats why I dont get premade ones- EVER- cos the dressings are so full of rubbish!! I am also v fussy and dont generally like any kind of dressing, and i hate tomatoes so it limits the salads I could have even if I wanted! Only ever have them freshly made from the shop up the road :) least then I know EXACTLY whats going in! xxx

Good evening (again!)

Just to post my end of day final points. Since earlier I have had 2 quorn burgers (1 point each) and a box of mccain micro crinkly chips (4 pts) and a bacardi breezer half sugar raspberry (1.5 pts). Total 6.5 added to the 12 of earlier= 18.5. I am going to say 20 as I have a feeling that I may have underpointed my salad from lunch with all the cheese that went into it!! So since Tuesday I have banked 11 points (including from today) so I am going to have a nice day tomorrow where I can treat myself to a couple of extras- maybe a couple of bevvies and a pizza or something in the evening...

I do need to use some of them up tho as am 4 days into this week now and with 3 days left during which I will be earning activity points too, I know I am only allowed to save 12 points which can be used any other time in the week, so I think tomorrow would be the best time to use them otherwise I will lose them :D if I say I can have 30 points, I will have to eat lunch at the care home where I work so I will eat whatever they do, some toast there for brekkie and then plan dinner when I know how many points I have left.

Life is so complicated!! Off to sleep now cos knackered!! xx

Are you really only supposed to bank 12 points a week?? :eek: Or is that activity points?

I'm pretty sure that the rule is we can only bank 12 points TO BE USED ON OTHER DAYS in total. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I am pretty sure thats it- if u think about it, it does make sense cos if there wasnt a limit then what would stop me not eating all week, at all, and then using all my points in a mega stupidly huge blowout on the last day with 2 pizzas, a whole bag of pastries, loads of crisps, chips, alcohol etc? And that blatantly wouldnt help me to lose weight! xx

12 points a week total are allowed to be banked be it excersize points or food points! ......... ive yet to accomplish that one! lol. You doing really well Nikki, sounding really positive! Ill have some of what your having please :) xxx

Hey guys, sorry I didnt post yesterday!

Was a bit of a manic day yesterday as I was working from 7am-2pm then went food shopping at Asda, then came home and cleaned, had a shower, had dinner and watched a film with bf! So didnt really stop to come on here!

I had an interesting day foodwise yesterday as the service users were having brunch as their main meal which consisted of- hash browns, sausages, scrambled egg, bacon, mushrooms and spaghetti hoops! I was expected to participate and I just thought- what the heck (maybe I should have said no in hindsight but I really wanted to eat something as was starving!)

So yesterday I ate:

6am brekkie: Special K (1.5pts) and 2 clementines (0.5 pts)
10am elevenses lol: 2 slices white toast with butter (3 pts)
1pm lunch: 2 sausages baked in oven (6 pts), 2 slices bacon rindless baked in oven (3 pts), Scrambled egg made with skimmed milk (1.5 pts), 2 Hash browns baked (3.5 pts), V. small serving of spaghetti hoops (2 pts)

Total by end of lunch: 21
I then had half a garlic baguette from Asda good to yourself range for dinner (3 pts) with half a homemade pizza from Asda (est. 5 pts) and a bacardi breezer (1.5 pts)

Total by end of dinner: 30.5
Now I am quite happy with this as I had saved up plenty of points in preparation, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! So my points are now reset and I cant overeat or start saving again til next Tuesday so need to be good at least til then and stick to my points. I am actually thinking that I may stop saving points as it might speed up my weightloss, its so slow at the moment I was actually losing faster calorie counting, but I enjoy this diet so dont want to go back to cal counting unless I really feel its the only way!

I am having a roast for lunch today so it should be fairly easy to stick within my points- I had a smoothie for breakfast (not sure on the points so will allow 3), then will probably have no more than 7 in my lunch but no doubt it will fill me up for the rest of the day. I have aquafit tonight (as long as I get back in time from mums house) so that will be good and I probably wont want to eat after. If I do I still have half a pizza and garlic bread left over at 8 points in total so I could have those and save the remaining 4 points. I think that's the best thing to do. So altho I am saving points I'm not banking them- just not using them to help speed up my loss!

Hope everyone is having a happy mothers day!
Love Nikki xxx

Your menu yesterday sounds wonderful! .. I used to love having my brunch in the littlewoods cafe for £1.50! .. aww brings back memories! hehe ....Im doing roast for tea easy and points not bad either! ... Hope your having a wonderful day xx ... Enjoy your aquafit if you manage it tonight xx

Ello ello!

I have had a lovely day- my mum was delighted to see me and get her flowers and prezzies I had bought for her- I have 2 brothers but one lives far away in bristol and the other the other side of the country in London (my parents live in Dorset nr. bournemouth in the countryside) so I figured I would be the only one home so better compensate for my brothers not being there by getting her a few extra prezzies..! There was a Mum mug with a poem on and a coaster, a framed poem, a big bunch of flowers and a card. All the poems said exactly what I wanted her to know and it made her cry!! Happy cry tho :) i do love her to bits!

She had cooked me a big roast, and it turned out that my brother in bristol had come back especially for the weekend as well (which is quite an achievement considering he doesnt have any transport and we live miles from anywhere!). So it was a lovely afternoon. And even better I made it back in time for aquafit- literally JUST in time!! So am rly happy and in a good mood now.

My lunch was only 7 points so after aquafit I allowed myself some chips and a battered sausage from the takeaway (total 16 points) added to my lunch that makes 23 points (only 1 over my allowance but i DID earn a fair few today as we went for a walk AND i did aquafit!).

Am a happy bunny! Have spent the day talking to my parents about weddings and stuff and am now really excited- even tho i havent been proposed to yet!!

Hope everyone else has had a good day!
xxx

Awww it sounds like you had a wonderful day! your mum was trully spoilt! .. I couldnt be with my mum today as she is in Cornwall i did get a request played for her on her local radio station so thats somthing but still missed her like mad! ... You should have said what time you were going thro the forest i could have waved! lol ........
Hope you enjoyed your sausage and chips xxxx

I haven't had chippy chips for years and years! Think its because when we were little we used to live opposite a chippy so we had them most night! Must have been sick of them as I grew up and probably accounts for my weight problem now!

xx

Lol yeah I know what you mean hun, when I was little I would have potato scallops and a battered sausage every thursday after girls brigade- so not healthy! But it was a special treat not every day I guess.

I guess most of you will have seen that I am not doing WW anymore as such and cal/fat counting instead (which is v similar to the concept of WW except its not points based and I actually am eating less as my calorie allowance allows me to eat less than my WW point allowance!!) I see this as a good thing as I am going back to my January diet mode which saw 5lbs fall off steadily as opposed to this uppy downy rollercoaster that I have struggled with on WW- I love WW but have come to the conclusion that my body doesnt :( and I have to do what my body tells me!

Have done rly well so far today:

Smoothie at brekkie
Satsuma mid-morning
Jacket potato with a little lowfat spread and WW coronation tuna filling and a 10cal jelly for lunch
Nothing so far this afternoon

I hate to say it but I have a feeling that the reason I didnt lose much on WW is because I ate so much junk- and the reason I ate so much junk was because I *could* within my points. I think calorie counting I am more aware of every calorie I am putting into my mouth whereas with WW I was rounding up/down points and it wasnt as specific. Sounds loopy probably but it makes sense in my head!

I think I have consumed about 510 cals so far which leaves me a good 900 for this evening- which is just as well as Mike has just called and asked if we can eat together and go and buy some food for our meal especially. This is SUCH a rareity that i didnt want to tell him that I have bought a low cal and fat meal for each day this week and each goes out of date a day later than the one before- so if I skip one it will be wasted... tbh I would rather chuck it and buy more to eat with him than say no and lose the opportunity!!

So I will prob need the 900 as I have some leftover pizza which I am NOT letting go to waste (300 cals) and some garlic bread (200 cals) so that leaves me 400 to play with- I think he intends most of our meal to be salad so that will be ok and then a few new potatoes and maybe a bit of ham and cheese. Cant wait! Must check cals before eating tho as I am NOT going to allow myself to guzzle and then find out I have eaten too much.

Am looking forward to tonight now :) and feeling more positive that I will lose weight next week as for me cal counting is a tried and tested method that works for me. I have given WW my all for a month and it hasnt paid off but have made so many friends thru here that I dont want to leave you all... so please bear with me!

xxx

Ooh PS the thing I used which is a free trial that told me how much I should be eating etc. also gave me a REALISTIC (apparently) target date of 14th July (target weight is 10st 11lbs= a loss of 2st 9.5lbs!!) I am so excited to have an idea of when I will get to goal (if i behave myself) as before now it has always been a hope as opposed to an actual fact!! So it should only take 4 and a half months to do it if I do it properly, so best get going eh??

So have now had my dinner- wasnt that bad in the end actually- I finished my pizza (turns out half was 370cals and 13.3g fat). The garlic bread was 240cals and 6.4g fat, much worse than I thought- it didnt seem so bad when I pointed it! I also had a big pile of cal free lettuce so thats good.

The smoothie was 108cals (less than 0.2g fat)
Jacket potato was 160 cals (0.4g fat)
WW filling was 120 cals (7.6g fat)
Jelly 0g fat and 10cals
Satsuma 36 cals and 0.1g fat
Pizza 370cals 13.3g fat
Garlic bread 240cals and 6.4g fat

Thats a total of 1044 cals and 28g fat.... so I am well under both calories AND fat for today. I may allow myself a choccie bar in a minute!! xxx

wow nikki I am so impressed. I think I have tried every diet going but I have NEVER counted calories. Is it hard work to work it all out? Or do you get used to it?

You still have had a good day with food and managed to stay within your fat and calories. AND the loss of 2 stone would be fab for July!

GO GIRLIE!

xx

Hey Jools- its actually closer to THREE stone by july, amazing isnt it!?

Counting calories I would say is actually very straightforward. I am counting fat too as for me I am used to checking cals but not fat, and want to educate myself about what foods are high fat (apart from the obvious cheese and chocolate lol).

Cal counting is easy I find because they are almost always on the pack nowadays and clearly labelled, so there is no working out involved. When you consider that WW points are based on (calories divided by 70), added to (fat divided by 4) that is actually more tricky to do than just cal counting. I also find it helpful to know the cal content of foods so that I can make the right decisions about what to eat. Points are good in principle too because you know they are based on the combined cal and fat content, but u never know which of the two is the reason for the high points, whereas with cal and fat counting you know what it is that is high!

If youve never done it I would suggest just working out the cals in the food you eat for a few days by writing down what and how much of what food you eat and note the cals. Tot them up and I bet you will be surprised!!

xx

Back