Nikki (AKA Wannabslim)'s Diary- Leaving the WW forum!

Well, its weigh-in day, and only 4 days til my end of month weigh in. Sadly I am only down 2lbs on the start of the month- which I guess isn't too bad as thats half a lb a week, but I think perhaps I have been allowing myself too many carby type things and not enough fresh good stuff. Being ill doesnt help either- I just want to grab the nearest tasty morsel that comes my way that will make me feel better!

Slept really badly last night and woke up every 2 hours or so and had to blow my nose and take a trip to the loo- its a wonder I didnt lose 2lbs in water weight last night :D (tmi!?) but sadly not. I am bang on 13.8 today. I am going to keep my fingers crossed for one more lb by the end of the month- unlikely but I can hope!! That would bring me to 13 and a half stone and 3lbs down on the beginning of Feb. Either way I'm not going to be making my monthly challenge of 4lbs but I suppose as long as the weight is falling off- however slowly- thats the main thing.

Only thing is at this rate I will never get there- if I am forever only losing 0.5lbs a week then it will take me 76 weeks to get to goal! :( how depressing! x

Morning Nikki

Hope you are feeling better this morning hun. A loss is a loss no matter how big or small hun just remember that! You are doing well. I can't even have the motivation to lose half a lb just lately!

xx

Awww thanks guys, just got in from work and you have cheered me up no end! I am in my slimmer jeans although the last couple of weeks I havent noticed any real change. I havent been doing measurements as I dont know where to take them and dont even own a tape measure lol!!!

I think I am just gonna stay positive, after all four weeks and 2lbs lost is half a lb a week, and every little helps!!!

I have had a VERY long day today as have had 2 training sessions at work, one was 9.30-4 and the other 6.30 til 9.30! Needless to say I am tired out and have earned some time off in lieu! Am going in at 11 tomorrow along with everyone else so at least I get a lie-in!

Pointswise I knew we were having pizza hut for tea so I was good all day. Had 2 pieces of WW toast this morning at 0.5pts per slice dry with my cuppa tea (thought there was no point bothering with butter seeing as I cant taste it and the tea made it moist) for breakfast.

Had a packet of walkers baked at 1.5pts for a snack and a small banana at 1 point
Lunch was a free salad with 0.5 pts worth of cheese

Total pre-pizza then was: 4
Points remaining: 18

Pizzawise I had 3 slices (half) of a Pizza Hut Medium Italian Farmhouse Pizza at 13.5 pts altogether, plus garlic crispy coated mushrooms at 4 points. Total 17.5

So I have 0.5 pts left and am happy with that, especially considering pizza was involved. Plan to bank a few tomorrow as my breakfast will be much later so I will probably just have brunch and then dinner later on so that should help to keep the points down.

Am off for a well earned rest now, especially as I didnt sleep at all well last night! Hopefully will sleep much better tonight!

xxx

Lol Marie no I dont dunk it IN my tea but I sort of eat some and then drink some tea with it still in my mouth to wash it down! :D lol

I dunno if I would say I'm finding it easy- I mean, pyschologically yes this is for me an easy diet, but in practice sticking within my points I'm finding tricky. Its only the knowledge that if I dont plan what I eat then I will not lose weight that keeps me being good- if I plan what I eat, then I wont go over, and if I dont go over, I lose weight. Unfortunately it doesnt always work that way when I eat something I didnt plan for. Thats why when I knew I was having pizza last night in advance I made sure that I cut my points earlier in the day to compensate... 3 slices and garlic mushrooms filled me up nicely too! In days gone by I would have eaten the whole lot (whole pizza and starter) but felt sick after. Yesterday I just felt pleasantly full :D

I am hoping to be a good girl this week and not go over my points at all- that way hopefully yeah I should see I good loss next week... fingers crossed!

Incidentally, I was looking at myself in front of the mirror today and my paunch (or should I say more of a significant spare tyre!?) is definitely going down and my back seems to have slimmed down a bit, as have my legs a bit, so I think maybe even though its not showing on the scales that this diet is working. Surely the scales have to catch up eventually tho!!

or maybe im just wishfully thinking and i havent shrunk at all!!!

Hope you all have a good day chaps xxx

Sounds like your doing brilliantly! Nikki! .... Im loving pizza but not sure i could be trusted to only eat it within my points! lol ... The mirror doesnt lie! :p im sure if you look like your slimmed down a little then you probably have! hehe .. I notice my top belly isnt as big so inches definatly tell when the weight doesnt!
xxxx

Evening everyone! Well another day done! I've done 8 days on placement now- 62 to go! Its strange tho, to think I have done over a 1/10th of it already, I have a feeling time is going to fly by!

Have been good today and not snacked at all- i think it was partly due to the fact that it was a later start at work so I had more to do in less time, therefore no chance to get bored! Have had a sausage sandwich and a bowl of special k, thats all. So only 6.5 points so far today, leaving me 15.5 for this evening. Think I will have a pasta type meal with some veg and a pudding, and then save 3 or 4 points if I can for the bank!

Hope everyone else has had a good day! xx

Brilliant day! .........What are you training for ? sorry if im being nosey! lol .. but thats just me Ive got to shadow somone on a few home visits this week before i go out on my own next week, am getting nervous now! lol ....
Id love to have that amount of points left in the evenings! ... i know im gonna have to make some 0pt soups this week!

Have a lovely evening xxx

Thats cool hun, I am doing a masters degree in social work at the moment and to qualify as a social worker i need to complete the course, which also involves 2 placements- a 70 day and a 130 day one! So all fun and games!

Yeah it does feel good to have so many left over- I still havent had dinner but not overly hungry so am gonna have to make myself eat I think!!! xx

Hi nikki,

Well done on being good on the pizza night out, better than I could manage.

Nikki - get a tape measure and measure yourself for future reference, you will be surprised at how the inches drop off too.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Thanks, it really didnt take that much self control to be honest, I was surprised how easy it was to share my pizza and not eat it all!! Something must be working about this diet even if its not the lbs coming off!

So this evening I had 15.5 points left (11.5 if i wanted to save 4). Then I remembered the few marshmallows I had earlier so think I need to allow a point for those. My WW ready meal was 3.5, and I had some light choices chips 100g at 2.5 points altho I suspect it was more like 150-175 so will say 5 points to be on the safe side. Thats 7.5 points. Plus free veg and dessert was 2 mini milks at 1 point each. So I have had 10.5 points and have to use at least another 1. Think I will have mini babybel light as a treat! :D yummy! Then I can bank the other 4. All is well!! 2 days left of Feb, can I get down another lb on my WI yesterday morning.... we shall see.....

nighty night x

Good morning!!! And it is a GOOD morning because the scales have finally budged again!!! I am 2lbs down on tuesdays WI result and am now back on the right side of 13 and a half stone.... 13.6 :D hurrah!

I'm going to try and bank a couple of points today as well and a couple tomorrow, then use myull points the rest of the week :) am now at my target for the month of a loss of 4lbs so am a very happy bunny!!

xx

And too right you should be a happy bunny! Well done :D

Thanks guys! Have done really well today- had special K for brekkie (1.5 pts), a chicken breast with pasta salad for lunch and an orange (5.5 pts) and a packet of crisps 1.5 points with an orange as a snack. So I have had 8.5 so far and still have 9.5 left if I want to save 4 points, tho I think I may aim more for saving 2, which leaves me 11.5. Think I will have pasta bake with salad for dinner, will have to work out the points content first tho!!!

Thanks all for your support and kind words :D it really helps me to stay positive knowing you're all behing me! xxx

LOL Marie! ... so true ! hehehe ...........

Thankyou for your posting in my diary! .. it means alot !.. I do tend to babble but if i didnt id go mad! lol ... My OH is my whole world (along with my kids) but i think its about time i tried to gain a social circle outside the home (and we need the money) ... so hence the care work and it fits in as ill be working evenings,

I think its a great idea that we have a mini meet/! I dont have any friend where we live and boys just dont "get it" ..............So! you can be pack leader if ya like and make everyone else join in! LOL ...... Id love to go into primark or new look and buy me some summer bits! .... Im all excited now lol

lol babble away hun, im guilty of it too- and its interesting babble so doesnt matter!!! cant imagine me as pack leader but will happily arrange it if ppl are up for it. How many kids do you have/how old are they? I have the same thing with friends since I moved away from home- i havent met anyone i really click with- mainly cos most girls my age are quite immature and materialistic where that isnt really me! I reckon if we try and organise something for beginning of June that should be enough time for us all to get at a stone off if not more, which is bound to affect dress size. I reckon in a stones time I will be a 14 everywhere (apart from topshop lol!), and will deffo need some new clothes by then! What do you think? xx

So I have now finished eating for the day:
Dinner: 5 quorn dippers- 2.5 points
1 can of heinz ravioli- 5 points
Free veg
1 WW almond slice- 1.5 points

Total: 9 points
Saved: 4.5 points

So all in all a successful day- I may well draw on a couple of todays points tomorrow night so am not worried too much about the extra 0.5 saved as it will even out before long!

Today has been a busy day but am feeling better now I have recovered mostly from my cold. Also happy as bf just hinted that I may be expecting a proposal in March :D but he doesnt want to give the game away so wouldnt promise! Bless him, I am a lucky girl!!! xx

Back