Nikkinakk85 diary.

Nikkinakk85

Serial dieter
Hello everyone.

I have been overweight for most of my life. It's usual story, i've lost and gained, lost and gained and felt like i'm going round in circles.

So, here I am. I'm on day 2 total solution and so far coping fine.

Looking to lose around 8st. It's gonna be hard but I know I CAN do it!!!

Xx

So, I guess I should introduce myself properly (just posted 'n' run earlier so to speak...)

I'm Nikki as my screen names states lol. I'm married and we have 4 kiddies. Our youngest who was born dec'12 has an exremely rare skin condition. He keeps me busy with his general care and various appts to our local hospital and great ormond street so i'm a stay at home mum for the forseeable future.

Anyway, like I said i've been overweight most of my life more so now than ever! I need to get rid of the weight before I really start suffering from the ill effects of being overweight. My children already miss out because some days I can't face going out, cringe at the thought of going swimming and generally am not the happy confident person I should be.

I'm easy to talk to and a great "listener" I look forward to getting to know some if you for support etc.

Xx

Hi Nikki, welcome :) I'm on week 2 and everyone's been really lovely here and the support from other members is invaluable. Hopefully you'll have an easy and successful time of the diet. The first few days are the toughest but once you get over that, it's pretty easy, I'm no longer hungry and have to force myself to have my packs sometimes.

Hi there, thank you for the welcome.

So today was a bit of a blip. Took my mum to see nan and while there she made us ham sarnies and so had 2 bits of bread with butter n the ham... I didnt wanna be rude after she'd gone to the trouble. Its day 3 so better to have the blip now n not weeks in when firmly in ketosis right?

On another note getting a cold and feeling poo!

Yeah much better to get the blip over and done with. I did the same, on day 2 I was in a bad mood and stressed and I ended up eating loads. But I put it behind me and haven't done that again. I have a couple of days when I know I'm going to be off plan coming up but I'll be prepared for that and wont make silly choices.

Oh yea knowing and planning the "time off" is good. There's that sense of control isnt there. Where as I find if its a totally random act you slip a bit then feel bad for it say ahhh sod it and then eat more. Well thats how it's been for me in the past. Slowly working on my way of thinking. I may of had a ham sarnie but it stopped there. She offered crisps I politely declined.

So, question: have you tried the porridge/carbonara if so honest thoughts please lol. Some ppl get on with it some do not and im nervous of getting some n finding it's horrible! Xx

I've had 1 pack of porridge on my first day. I didnt mind the taste (reminded me of Horlicks) but couldnt come right with the texture, it was like lumpy water. I have another pack here and was going to give it another go at making it, but couldn't be bothered so haven't tried it. As for the carbonara, just got some in the post today but haven't tried it yet.

Ok, so I may give porridge a whirl, I selected all shakes as I don't care for the soups much but feel I need to try something different. As for the carbonara i'd be interested in knowing how you get on with :)

Day 4- Despite being ill fully intend to be a good girl. Feeling a bit down today but have had a bit to cope with lately so it's expected I guess.

Feel very much in control of my own destiny, something I haven't fully felt with any diet i've ever been on. Hopefully by summer I will be looking and feeling great!

So today, had half a choc shake hot so far, nxt half in a bit. Then banana and vanilla for the other 2 meals I think :)

Hi

firstly well done on getting started. I like the carbonara but its a fiddle to get right.

pive just sent for some soups and shakes as got the winter warmer pack and after 21 days its getting veeeeeeeeeery repetitive.

I really agree about summer, because we are all gonna be rocking a vest and shorts by July ( if only in the back garden)
i love the sun

Hey Nikki, I hope you feel better soon.

I tried a porridge and I loved it!
Also tried the carbonara and was nearly sick :( I hate the soups anyway and it just tasted like a powdery soup that spaghetti bits floating in it.
But as you'll see on here everyone has such different tastes.

Hey Nikki, I hope you feel better soon.I tried a porridge and I loved it!
Also tried the carbonara and was nearly sick :( I hate the soups anyway and it just tasted like a powdery soup that spaghetti bits floating in it.
But as you'll see on here everyone has such different tastes.
lol so perhaps trial n error and make the choice to buy it n try it for myself then :)

Also holy moly lol, wowzers on your first weeks loss!! Xx Thats fab bet you are over the moon.

Hi

firstly well done on getting started. I like the carbonara but its a fiddle to get right.

pive just sent for some soups and shakes as got the winter warmer pack and after 21 days its getting veeeeeeeeeery repetitive.

I really agree about summer, because we are all gonna be rocking a vest and shorts by July ( if only in the back garden)
i love the sun
Rocking vests, shorts, dresses and maxi skirts :) Cant face another yr the way I am now! Xx

Writing this dosed up on cold n flu remedy, totally zombified and knackered. So excuse me if the following doesnt make too much sense...

So nearing the end of day 5 and i'm proud of myself. Despit Feeling rubbish (cold has really taken hold) Stress with a mum in my daughters class n no need for her behaviour. Stress from my dad who always has been n always will be a a giant tool, an unwell baby cos he's gettin my cold (so sorry charlie boy) I havent eaten. I have wanted to but by some miracle have seen the day through phew!!!

My only regret is I havent drunk enough and at 9pm im not about to make up for it lol. Dont need another reason to be awake several times in the night.

Aw hon, sounds like a really tough day and I feel for you, but a huge well done for sticking with the plan and not eating, that takes some willpower when you're feeling so low. Hope you start to feel better tomorrow after a night's rest.

Week 1- 7lbs off

Will admit i'm having a day off today but with the meds etc I was taking last week I doubt I was in ketosis. Also past 2 days the packs have made me want to throw up?! Prob where I was feeling ill and forcing them down. Anyway straight back on the wagon tomorrow!

After my day off yesterday im straight back on the plan today.Gotta think slim, stay positive and take it a day at a time.

Back