No longer using BMI

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by hannahike, 6 October 2008 Social URL.

1. hannahike

hannahike Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi guys,

Dont know if anyone has heard yet but apparently doctors will no longer be using BMI. It will be replaced by a chart that measures your waist instead of your height so it will be taking into account the persons build.

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Peggie

Peggie Full Member

That's interesting - a lot of people think BMI isn't helpful as it's only a guide for average build, fitness, etc which most of us aren't!

4. TheMilkTrayMan

TheMilkTrayMan Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3.0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Chuffing typical!!!! Just when FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER I have a below 25.0 (normal) BMI AAARRRRGggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

missy3 likes this.
  5. macabar

macabar Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.71%)
    Yeah well good for you anyway!!

6. andhow

andhow Full Member

most rugby players would be classed as obese or morbidly obese so it is a bit of a daft thing. having said that i am enjoying seeing my reduce via my ticker !!

7. eyesdontlie

eyesdontlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(24.43%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    i think BMI is a bit dangerous anyway so I think it is a good idea if I were to get down to a "nomal healthy BMI" I would in my opinion look ill due to my build there are too many people making themselves ill trying to achieve a healthy BMI

8. jenni

jenni Full Member

Diet:
    lipotrim
    i am not going of my bmi as i would look shocking if i tried to get to the weight the bmi says i should be ..jenny

9. fattyfattybumbum

fattyfattybumbum Full Member

Diet:
    lipotrim
    Hey Hannah well done on your restart its relly going well for you!!michellex.

10. JanBow

JanBow Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(17.72%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I always think BMI is a guide, but not worth getting obsessed over or the holy grail that must be achieved, as has already been said anyone with a reasonable amount of muscle will come out as overweight or even obese which is nonsense, and your waist measurement along with your height & BMI should be looked at all together. I've always thought it odd that men & women use the same chart too, you'd think a healthy BMI for a man would be higher than that for a woman!

11. wannabesize10

wannabesize10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    a lot of clinics private & nhs use BMI to see if they will treat you for IVF so would be intresting to see if that changed as a lot of people are not over weight but are according to the BMI - My husband is a weight lifter hobbie ... we are total opposite LOL his BMI says his obese but thats the weight of his muscle not fat so i think doing it different will help people like that as well ...thanks for letting us know we look out for more on it

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.