No need to ask to join - if you really mean it this time you ARE a WeMITT!

bakerfa

Silver Member
Hi there,

I've noticed lots of "can I join?" posts lately.

No need to ask,

All you need to do is really Mean It This Time... just like us - WeMITT.

We started originally as a group of larger ladies with more to lose than most who know the issues of losing a lot of weight, but have widened the scope as the first batch of WeMITTs reached goal to anyone who wants special support including our WeMITT maintainers and strugglers (i.e. me!)

So no need to ask friends! Just join in!

Love Anja xxx

i think the requesting is only because we r such a polite, unassuming fab bunch lol. it does give us a chance to welcome people but then, im sure we would make a point to do that anyways!

much better for people to know they dont have to ask

xxxx

Hey this is good, I assumed you neede permission so to speak as its such a high regarded club.......lol.

Good to put this up.......is it a sticky ? I have not looked lol

Sorry!!
Thought it was more of an exclusive club and didnt really want to just on board without permission :D

it seemed polite and a good way of introducing myself, great that it's not necessary though

Count me in -please

I've recently begun my bisection journey. I hadn't realised until I did the sums & some BMI estimates that I'm twice the woman I should be.

SO 17st Goes to 81/2 st.
(2 minigoals achieved so far= 1st loss & bmi <40.next goal is 2st loss)

I'll be reading all your posts with interest.I reckon we really CAN do it this time

Attachments

• ImageTracker[1].gif
    ImageTracker[1].gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 323
I'd just like to welcome all the shiny new wemitts to the group! :)

For us, it can be a long journey (a lot shorter than by conventional means though!), it can sometimes be a tough journey but it is one that is SO worth making!!

Wow a look at your tracker! if I can muster half the persistance & determination that you have shown I'llbe on the right track.
I just wanted to add that i don't feel at all SHINY-new yes,but dull,faded,shop soiled,tarnished even grubby.
Now, when I've lost 1/2 my current volume then I'll be shiny.

Welcome to the WeMitts, Jane. You ARE a shiny new WeMitt, and this is the start of a whole new life for you.
Look forward to getting to know you, and sharing your journey with you. Post often on the general thread, which is started each Monday and made "sticky".
Ann "Mother WeMitt"

Oh thankyou Ann

Hi - I won't ask to join, then, I just will!

I'm Amy, 29 years old (30 this year) and when I started the Cambridge Diet last Thursday I was 19 stone. I'm aiming, eventually, to be 10 stone <gulp>.

I've never really dieted before, but I CAN DO THIS!!

Amy

well done you. i've never done a 'structured' diet before & I think I'm really going to do it too because WeMITT!

Hi to all the We Mitts out there! Thought it was about time i joined! I need some motivation to get back to ssing, as you can see it has worked for me in the past, but i have been faffing about since xmas. I still have a long way to go, so i need to start now if i am gonna be slim by the summer! Please feel free to give my ar*e a good kicking, i sooooo need it!

I have a hol booked at the end of June with some old uni friends, i would like to loose 3 stone by then. Does anyone had any tips for getting back to ssing?

If you want a smug response:
1.do an IRA with the carbs in fridge & larder (All weapns put byond use)
2.Visit CDC for weight & to buy stash
3 Get down to it. I reckon that because the first few days are grim ,that thinking about it just makes it more difficult. So ,just like getting into a cold swimming pool DIVE IN.
( to be honest I'm glad I didn't know exactly what lay ahead when I started 4/52 ago, Unfortuneatly restarters can't have 'ignorance is bliss')
go go go go go!

If you want a smug response:
1.do an IRA with the carbs in fridge & larder (All weapns put byond use)
2.Visit CDC for weight & to buy stash
3 Get down to it. I reckon that because the first few days are grim ,that thinking about it just makes it more difficult. So ,just like getting into a cold swimming pool DIVE IN.
( to be honest I'm glad I didn't know exactly what lay ahead when I started 4/52 ago, Unfortuneatly restarters can't have 'ignorance is bliss')
go go go go go!

Thanks Jane! Started today, no point dwelling on it! Cant get rid of the carbs, although its a good idea, i have little people in the house!
Ignorance sure is bliss, its sooo hard the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc etc time! I have lost count of my day ones, please, let me get to ketosis this time!

I wanted to send out a big hello to the selective group...its great to know that I am not the only one with more than 6 stone to lose...and I WILL DO IT THIS TIME!

I weighed in at a hefty 142k...and was recently pregnant...my story is not all that happy -- but I need to vent...
I had to deliver at 28 weeks (8/12) due to HELLP/preclampsia -- up until then I was in denial <<I am not fat -- just a big boned 5'8 girl who loves food>> that was me....hahaha, not any more...
My baby was on ICU for 3and half weeks, ad he died due to a massive ifection...he was a premie...all on acct of me ad my poor health. The scariest thing is that I could have died b4 giving birth -- my weight was killing me-- and FAST.

So now,I am facing the reality. I need to lose weight and be healthy...I like CD; and these 2 weeks have made me realize that in the past I loved to eat...I mean really loved it...its a bit sad to think that a person would look forward to the next meal on a daily basis...ad that was me; I am working to change it...

Thank you for reading my post!:D

Hi Nina,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, it must be absolutely terrible for you. I'm thinking of you.

I'm glad to hear CD is going well for you - I'm obese as well, started the diet on 1st Feb at 19 stone, and lost a stone in a week.

We can do it, Nina!

Amy

Back