No need to ask to join - if you really mean it this time you ARE a WeMITT!

Hi - new to this forum today. Got at 4stone to loose and spurred on by the detection of a slight heart murmur. Knowing I am overweight and putting extra and unnecessary strain on my ticker is bad - so going for it this time.
I would welcome any support advice and tips, and will start reading the forum in depth before asking too many questions. I am on Twitter, and glad to have any diet buddies there - jainw.

jainw said:
Hi - new to this forum today. Got at 4stone to loose and spurred on by the detection of a slight heart murmur. Knowing I am overweight and putting extra and unnecessary strain on my ticker is bad - so going for it this time.
I would welcome any support advice and tips, and will start reading the forum in depth before asking too many questions. I am on Twitter, and glad to have any diet buddies there - jainw.

Hi am kim and im new to this too but iv found its really helped by loggin things in the diary. Also th success stories are great and really spur me on. I wana lose 6 stone and currently doin weight watchers !
Happy slimming :)

hi, newbit here, firstly i have alot of weight to loose. I have been healthy eating for the last two months and i have lost around 1 and 1/2 stone. I have nine stone to loose at least, i would be happy with that but my first goal is to loose another four stone in the space of five months when it will be a significant birthday. thought it best to have something to aim for. This is the first time i feel i will actually stick to a diet, ive found it really easy so far and want this to be forever. my life is great at the mo so good time to be motivated and the only thing i dont have that might be nice is a man lol so who knows, might happen once i feel just that tad more comfortable about myself :)

weigh 21st 2lb on week 8 of my diet my BMI is 44.0

will be weighing myself every four weeks.

nice to find somewhere i can get support, although my friends have been great but dont need diets themselves lol. and hope fully pick up some tips too.

Hi, I've started SW this week and have at least 5 stone to lose as I am getting married next year!!! Seems really daunting the amount of weight i need to lose, has anyone got a similar goal or has lost this amount of weight before? Anyway, good luck everyone! X

Shelliewoo83 said:
Hi, I've started SW this week and have at least 5 stone to lose as I am getting married next year!!! Seems really daunting the amount of weight i need to lose, has anyone got a similar goal or has lost this amount of weight before? Anyway, good luck everyone! X

Heya yep I hav about 5 to 6 stone to lose. Am currently doin the old points weight watchers. I know how you feel cos I sometimes think it jus wont ever happen but if I look at the success stories and see people just like me and you who have lost so much weight. They keep me going.
Wish you luck xx

I have 9 stone to lose, so i know it feels like a mountain. But break it down into little molehills and you'll be a stunning bride! x

Hi everyone, just stumbled across this thread and thought I would say hi! I have always been over weight and have decided it can't go on any longer. Started at 21st 4 weeks ago and have so far lost 9lb, however went to a festival yesterday and I am still feeling the effects today, so not sure what weigh in will be like tomorrow! Currently following weight watchers. Anyway, hello :)

Hi all, I have recently joined this site (and i'm already finding it really useful). I have done SW on and off for the last few years, I lose a bit then put it and more back on. I am at my heaviest at the moment and have about 8 and a half stone to lose to get to a healthy bmi. I recently joined WW and hope this works for me because I really need to lose the weight. I have PCOS and am ttc but that won't happen if I don't take control, so it stops here!

Good luck to you all on your weight loss journeys. I look forward to reading all about your successes!!

Hi gang

finally found somewhere i fit! I'm in full on "Mean It" these days after 10 years of not putting in the effort.

Currently 16 months into Slimming World. Happily have lost 5 stone now. But with still another 3 stone to go I've not lost the oompf to do it.

Nice to find somewhere though where you guys understand how tough it can be to just keep going and going and going to lose a lot.

Hope to be contributing to the boards so will sign off now.

cheers!

Hi, started following SW 6 weeks ago(can't aford classes but doing it at home with OH and eldest son who both have weight to loose). Nearly 2 stone off but 6 more to go so long road ahead. Think this is the right thread for me!!

Hey all, newbie to Minimins. Got quite a lot to loose, to get to BMI target weight apparently got to loose another 7 1/2 stones. Lost 2 already.

Just been reading some of the threads above and WOW! comes to mind. There are some truly inspirational women using this thread!

I started SW at 19st 13 and my BMI target weight is 10 stone something. So lots to loose for me. 2 stone 1 gone. Don't think 10 stone something is realistic for me - as at my smallest I was 13 stone and got told by the doctors that I looked so thin I looked unwell. So I'm aiming for a dress size really. But lots to loose :)

oooh! love this!! Im so in!! 12st to loose (at least) and i'm gonna do it too...I mean it this time ;)

I am joining. However I am crap at weight management. WTF!! first day on a diet and I have messed up. That's me trying!!! am on the Asda mesure up diet shake diet and had crisps and chocolate. meep.

Bex I'm your height. I think 13 stone might be too light for my frame too. Somebody asked me that other day whether I'll stop dieting soon as my face is starting to look thin and "anyway, a size 8 wouldn't suit you".
I'm 16 stone! I'm still obese! My dress size still starts with a 2! :D

I'm aiming for 14 stone, which takes me out of the "obese" BMI range. I think I'll be a size 16/18 (pear shape, darnit). After that I'll see- it would be nice to be 13 stone something, but if I look starved I'm not going to go there!

Back