No need to ask to join - if you really mean it this time you ARE a WeMITT!

Hi all! I have a lot of weight to lose, at least 10stone! It's been a slow progress so far, have lost 1 stone 11 in almost 6 months. Have just starting walking for 30 mins per day in the hope this will speed things up! Hope everyone is well x

Walking is brilliant...! When i started my weight loss I could only manage to walk about 50 metres (3 bus lengths) without my back pain kicking in.. but now 12 weeks down the line, I go out walking, and manage between 1 and 2 miles a day.. (sometimes more, if the suns shining)..and those miles dont include my daily routine, and running around for the kids and husband!...So i say, stick with it... walking is key.. Good luck xxxx

Walking is brilliant...! When i started my weight loss I could only manage to walk about 50 metres (3 bus lengths) without my back pain kicking in.. but now 12 weeks down the line, I go out walking, and manage between 1 and 2 miles a day.. (sometimes more, if the suns shining)..and those miles dont include my daily routine, and running around for the kids and husband!...So i say, stick with it... walking is key.. Good luck xxxx[/QUOTE

your so right i started off doing 1/2 mile then 1 now 2 working up when i get some more meat off to 3 miles plus the walking i do outside i agree walk with a meaning you go for it girls and cost nothing xx

Hey guys!

Jumping in here the first posts say dont ask if it is ok just do it, but I will leave if you want me to! :p

I really do mean it this time, I have got no idea how much I weigh but I think I have got at least 14 stone to loose :wave_cry:

I am planning on joining Weight Watchers Online as I am to ashamed to go to a class but not join for a week or so because of financial restraints! I am however going to buy some scales tomorrow which will hopefully not break and give me a reading.

I hope that it is ok to ask - have any of you guys posted your weights here, if you have how did you feel afterwards? When I find my weight I would like to share mine but I know that it is not good.

Anyways sorry for rabbiting on!

Jo x

Hey guys!

Jumping in here the first posts say dont ask if it is ok just do it, but I will leave if you want me to! :p

I really do mean it this time, I have got no idea how much I weigh but I think I have got at least 14 stone to loose :wave_cry:

I am planning on joining Weight Watchers Online as I am to ashamed to go to a class but not join for a week or so because of financial restraints! I am however going to buy some scales tomorrow which will hopefully not break and give me a reading.

I hope that it is ok to ask - have any of you guys posted your weights here, if you have how did you feel afterwards? When I find my weight I would like to share mine but I know that it is not good.

Jo x

Good luck Joee!...You have a similar amount that I had to lose!.. So best wishes.. and let us all know how you are getting on!

xx

Hey guys!

Jo x

Oh, and Ive not yet published my weight, as, as silly as it sounds, even after losing just over 6 stone, I am so upset with the weight I once was... I think in a few stones time, I will hopefully have gained that little bit more confidence in myself, and I will publish, and be damned..lol

I am just Bout to start on diet chef and have at least 6 stone to lose... Hope this board is as supportive as it seems...!

Ohhh diet chef!.. ive seen that advertised!... How fab!..

Best of luck, let us know whats the food like etc, and whether its tasty!.. xxxx

Ohhh diet chef!.. ive seen that advertised!... How fab!..

Best of luck, let us know whats the food like etc, and whether its tasty!.. xxxx

It's all due to arrive on Wednesday so will be cracking on with it on Thursday. Saw a pic of myself at a family event yesterday and was mortified - enough is enough.

marypoppins thats wot made me diet a pic i saw xx

Hi all!! Just starting calorie counting and also looking into Paul McKenna Hypnotic Gastric Band after reading what MissMiff said and reading what shes lost WOW!! I have set myself 2 stone goals but would like to lose 6/7 stone but to be honest would be happy to lose 4 stone. Sick of aching joints and back and being out of breathe all the time, thought I needed a wake up call so got my daughter to take photos of me in my undies.......and was sick to the bone that I've let myself go like this :( at nearly 19 stone and 2 years of 50 its no laughing matter anymore. As such an outgoing person its stopping me doing so much now that I feel i'm watching other people living instead of living myself....TAKE TO GET A GRIP!! Anyhow sorry to go on, looking for support and good friends for loads of support and will give loads in return :)

Hi all!! Just starting calorie counting and also looking into Paul McKenna Hypnotic Gastric Band after reading what MissMiff said and reading what shes lost WOW!! I have set myself 2 stone goals but would like to lose 6/7 stone but to be honest would be happy to lose 4 stone. Sick of aching joints and back and being out of breathe all the time, thought I needed a wake up call so got my daughter to take photos of me in my undies.......and was sick to the bone that I've let myself go like this :( at nearly 19 stone and 2 years of 50 its no laughing matter anymore. As such an outgoing person its stopping me doing so much now that I feel i'm watching other people living instead of living myself....TAKE TO GET A GRIP!! Anyhow sorry to go on, looking for support and good friends for loads of support and will give loads in return :)

Hi Izzy...

Well you are most definitely in the right place!

Thanks for the mention too.. I know my weight losses are brilliant..(even I cant believe them).. but I am still HUGE.. and was VERY obese!... And as i had, and have such a lot to lose thats why it seems to be coming off quicker!.

I havent the bravery to take a picture of myself in my undies, I can just about manage one fully clothed!..lol

But I know exactly what you are talking about..I am too a confident person, but at 40, I seem to have lost it completely, and it be hidden so deep in the fat.. But just 6 stone (and 3lb) down the line, I can honestly say that I feel amazing.. and the old Jane is back.. The more I seem to lose, the more confident I become, and the more confident I become, the more I seem to lose...

But just 16 weeks ago was a different matter... The more I ate, the sadder i became, the sadder I became, the more I ate!

Everyone here is great!.. And there are a million and one different diets, and weight loss programmes going on, and I love finding out about them all!..

I wish you all the luck in the world.. not that you'll need it

xxxx

Thanks MissMiff, your doing amazingly well, have to say to took alot of bottle to do the undies pic but they are for my before pics and so glad in some ways I did it as I never saw myself that big until then, was a a reality check that I badly needed!! Well today is my 1st day, doing a quick start 2 wks initially to get this moving....so onwards and upwards we go...:)

Well today is the day my new weight loss journey will begin. And it will be my last as I cannot carry on like this - a hundred failed diets behind me, and every time I finish one I end up a little bigger than when I started. I now have 6-7 stone to lose and I will do it. Spurring me on is the thought of getting into some knee high boots that actually do up, going shopping without fear of finding nothing that fits, seeing a photo and not being ashamed AND not being the obligatory fat friend!!!!

Hey there Mary!! I can relate to everything you have said, I too have tried LL, CD etc, etc, so have decided to adapt my own counting calories (got made redundant 2 months ago so pennies are tight, till I start my new job in 3 wks!!). I just want to stopping hurting when I walk the dog (joints ache...protesting about carrying so much excess luggage!!), I want to go horse riding again, go abroad (won't at the mo as be too ashamed to ask for a belt extender!). Weighed myself this morning and so disgusted with myself as weigh exactly 19st, 7lb more than I even thought I was :( No turning back this time....want to be fit and fifty (I'm 48) not fat and fifty!! Perhaps theres some way us newbie's/restarter's can support each other? Have a good day xxxx

Yes it would be great if we could support each other, I am still working out this website as not used it before. I am actually too scared to get on scales until food arrives and diet begins -its been a while since I weighed myself and when I went shopping for a wedding outfit a few weeks back the size 20 dresses were too small (crying in changing rooms is never good is it?!) I am 37 in September and I am DETERMINED that this birthday will see a smaller me. Good luck to you. Lets keep in touch regularly - it's always good to have a group/person who you know understands you...

Yea I agree, site can be abit of a minefield, I'm sticking to 2 main threads, as I'm pretty sure I'll forget where I was before and forget to reply to someone lol....brilliant idea though and good to be amongst kindred spirits who know exactly how you feel!! I'm a sz 24(bottom) and sz 26(top) at the moment, aiming to be a 16, would love to be less but in the real world I don't think I would be able to maintain less than that without starving myself and working out 24/7 :) If I can get to 16st 7lbs I will restart swimming which I love and at 13 stone horse riding....miss living and sick of watching other people doing what I would love to do...GGGRRrrrr!! Keep in touch and I'll keep looking in for you, be good to get a few of us together for support as we are all starting together :) Anyhow have a good day and stay focused xxxx

Just wanted to pop my head in here and say "Hello everyone, my name is Marian and I live in Ireland!" I've been a member on Minimins for several years and stayed mainly in the Slimming World boards as that was the plan I was using, or rather trying unsuccessfully using. I switched to a very strict regime called Eurodiet and have lost just over 4 stone - weigh in tomorrow and I'll update my stats. Hope everyone is having a good day today :)

Hi Moideux!! Congrats on the amazing weight loss, not heard of the Eurodiet another one to research lol. Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow, stay positive :) xx

Back