Non-Scale Victories

gemelli said:
Im finally getting towards my goal size!! Granted it was dotty p's, but I fit into all the size 10 tops and dresses I picked up!!

Now just attempt to fit into a size 10 pair of jeans and a topshop size 10... Still some way to go but its so nice fitting in smaller stuff!!

Well done!! I tried a size 10 top in dorothys today but it was polyester so NO stretch in it and too tight round my boobs still. Had to get a 12 in it which is baggy on me but more comfy. Got size 10 in a skirt though so chuffed with that (I know its probs not a "real" size 10 but its nice to fit into a smaller size in dorothys than I used to all the same). Xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

This thread is fab! Well done everyone! I stayed the same the week before last and was so annoyed but when I got home I had lost 1inch off each thigh, 2 off my hips and 2 off my waist so that gave me the boost to carry on :)

Definitely think measuring is reassuring :)

Xxx

azwethinkweiz said:
Well done!! I tried a size 10 top in dorothys today but it was polyester so NO stretch in it and too tight round my boobs still. Had to get a 12 in it which is baggy on me but more comfy. Got size 10 in a skirt though so chuffed with that (I know its probs not a "real" size 10 but its nice to fit into a smaller size in dorothys than I used to all the same). Xx

Yea I know what you mean :) but I do think dotty p's ate quite average, and topshop are quite small! So I was so chuffed and so should you be :)

gemelli said:
Yea I know what you mean :) but I do think dotty p's ate quite average, and topshop are quite small! So I was so chuffed and so should you be :)

You reckon? I thought maybe dottys was just more "generous" than topshop. Hmm... Now I'm more chuffed :)

Got into a pair of size 10 cargo pants that have hung (barely worn) in my wardrobe since last summer. Now... they're even a bit loose! Even tho I haven't lost as much weight as I did on SW (most was 11lbs) but I feel much slimmer. Maybe its because the weight is coming off more slowly or because I've been doing exercise this time....

Either way. I love it. Also had a girl at uni ask if i'd lost weight :) and my boyfriend seemed very impressed the other day too xxx

my uniform is a size 6 and I couldn't fit any more in the trousers this summer when I returned from honeymoon. Now they're LARGE on bum and legs and fit perfectly on my waist! And all this while I'm wearing warmer pants AND 100den tights underneath!

kagome75 said:
my uniform is a size 6 and I couldn't fit any more in the trousers this summer when I returned from honeymoon. Now they're LARGE on bum and legs and fit perfectly on my waist! And all this while I'm wearing warmer pants AND 100den tights underneath!

That's great!!! Wow you're so lucky!!!

Ruth
X

That's great!!! Wow you're so lucky!!!

Ruth
X

I don't know about that, I joined WW in 2005 wearing a size 24... now I wear a size 6 because WW worked for me. I have been maintaining with highs and lows for nearly 2 years now and even at my highest after my honeymoon I was still within the healthy BMI. It just shows you that WW really teaches you healthy eating, I was 5 weeks travelling around Europe and trying every delicacy under the sun, but I still stayed WELL within the healthy BMI, and the weight fell off me as soon as I returned (you can see the full figures in my signature!)

Now I exercise 45 minutes every morning except on a Sunday, I walk 2.5 hours very Wednesday and Saturday and have a very healthy diet in maintenance. So I don't think it's luck but very hard work to have reached target and hard work to keep it off :flirt2:. You can do it too!!!! I'm short and have a medium-small build, hence the size 6, but I'm sure you can get to whatever size is the ideal one for you!

kagome75 said:
I don't know about that, I joined WW in 2005 wearing a size 24... now I wear a size 6 because WW worked for me. I have been maintaining with highs and lows for nearly 2 years now and even at my highest after my honeymoon I was still within the healthy BMI. It just shows you that WW really teaches you healthy eating, I was 5 weeks travelling around Europe and trying every delicacy under the sun, but I still stayed WELL within the healthy BMI, and the weight fell off me as soon as I returned (you can see the full figures in my signature!)

Now I exercise 45 minutes every morning except on a Sunday, I walk 2.5 hours very Wednesday and Saturday and have a very healthy diet in maintenance. So I don't think it's luck but very hard work to have reached target and hard work to keep it off :flirt2:. You can do it too!!!! I'm short and have a medium-small build, hence the size 6, but I'm sure you can get to whatever size is the ideal one for you!

I read your story through your link in your signature and you are a true inspiration!!!

WW is definitely working for me and I love it!!! I'm 5'10 and well built so I will never be a size 10 or anything but I've stopped messing around, got myself a Slimpod hypnotherapy cd and I feel so much better! Getting rid of underlying issues has really enabled me to get on with it!

When I'm having a bit of a rubbish day all I need to do is look at people like you to realise that I can do this :)

Ruth
X

I read your story through your link in your signature and you are a true inspiration!!!

WW is definitely working for me and I love it!!! I'm 5'10 and well built so I will never be a size 10 or anything but I've stopped messing around, got myself a Slimpod hypnotherapy cd and I feel so much better! Getting rid of underlying issues has really enabled me to get on with it!

When I'm having a bit of a rubbish day all I need to do is look at people like you to realise that I can do this :)

Ruth
X

hey thank you! I thought to have medium to big bones but while I was losing weight in the end it came out that I had a small-medium frame, as my wrists shrank as well as the rest of me LOL. I don't know whether you will be a size 10, but I'm sure you can get to the 12! When you will be there then you will see whether you want to lose anything else or just tone up (which will make you lose some else anyway) and be happy!

You know, there are bad things of being a size 6: I can't even put my foot in shops like Bonmarché or Store 21, and I struggle even in Peacock, Matalan or Primark or, on the expensive side, on Phase 8:cry:! The cheapest I can go with is New Look and Dorothy Perkins. I find good clothes in Jane Norman or Next but it would be nice that cheaper places were going to cater for smaller ladies too.

the uniform i ordered at work 3 months ago arrived last week! and its too big!! lol everyone says it drowns me! good job i like loose clothes :)

Genuinely not wanting to eat "junk" food today, this has never happened to me before and its a good feeling. I am most definitely on the healthy eating road now, woohoo!

Had a big family outing for lunch yesterday, everyone had burgers, chips, I've cream, pasta and garlic bread.........I had a chicken and bacon salad minus the dressing!!!!

Today I resisted a Mcdonalds breakfast whilst everyone in my office scoffed hash browns and sausage/bacon mcmuffins!!!!!

However got home tonight and tried on a size 10 dress my mum gave me and it bloody well fits!!!!!!

Even did a little celebration jig!!!! Woooop!!!!! 4lbs till target!!!! Xxxxx

tullulah said:
I have now dropped 4 sizes in trousers - was ecstatic on Saturday getting into a smaller size! Smallest I have worn in a good few years.

Sx

Wow thats amazing!
Well done x

tullulah said:
I have now dropped 4 sizes in trousers - was ecstatic on Saturday getting into a smaller size! Smallest I have worn in a good few years.

Sx

Well done that's a great feeling isn't it?

I'm now at my smallest now since I was in my teens a size 24 jan 2011 size 12 now literally half of what I was over a year ago

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done that's a great feeling isn't it?

I'm now at my smallest now since I was in my teens a size 24 jan 2011 size 12 now literally half of what I was over a year ago

That is awesome! The difference between your before and after pics is amazing!

I'm at a size 20 now (still very big) but I was a 28 this time last year. Hoping to down another few sizes by the end of the year.

Sx

Tried a size 22 top today... fits lovely. Now 5 dress sizes smaller since Oct 2010

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Back