O/T: Jobs?I

What a wide range of jobs, its brilliant. Im currently trying to get a new job (been trying for a year so far), finished uni last year and there are just no jobs going.

Im so glad I started this thread, I am sooooooo nosey, its ace!! :) :)

Hi I work for TESCO on the customer service desk, most days is fine ,I love my regulars, I love all the naughty chit chat we have .LOL

I used to be a Training Officer for local government but I decided that there had to be more to life than working 12+ hour days so now I'm a teaching assistant for adult literacy ie helping adults to read and write and also basic IT skills. It's very rewarding. It's only a few hours a week but I am also a library assistant though it is temporary and am only needed now and again. I'm considering doing Mystery Shopping again as I gave this a go last year and enjoyed it.

SW wise ~ I just take a packed lunch with me so not too bad!

What a wide range of jobs, its brilliant. Im currently trying to get a new job (been trying for a year so far), finished uni last year and there are just no jobs going.

Im so glad I started this thread, I am sooooooo nosey, its ace!! :) :)

I hope something comes along soon. I was made redundant during the last recession and struggled to find work so I can totally empathise with what you are going through xxxx

I am currently a part-time administrator working for a plumbing merchants, soon to hand my notice in tho and become a school dinner lady (or the correct title - a Lunchtime Supervisor!!)

With two littlies at school, we struggle with the holidays and I desperately need a term-time job. It will be a drop in income for us but it may also open the door to other opportunites and won't be forever!!

SW wise, I take my breakfast and lunch to work at the moment so I can control what I eat. When I change jobs, in September, I dread to think what will happen as I will be having my meals at home as I will only be working 1 1/4 hours a day so wil have a lot of free time on my hands!!

I'm a Community Assistant in a secondary school. I supervise the naughty students in time out and internal exclusion and i also help with any problems that students might have

but i have just got a new post as an Admin Assistant. i will be assisting the exams officer and also the sims administrator and when the sims administrator retires i will probably take her job, much more money, yippee.
the job interview is why i sts this week. had to celebrate he he

I am an administator at a University in the computing faculty, i basically look after the student records, and am responsible for withdrawing and transferring students courses. As well as making sure the other administrators do the correct things. It's interesting but i am only here until August and then i am returning to studentism and will be studying to be a Midwife for the next 3 years!

SW wise i just have to avoid the biscuits/cakes and variety of other treats that appear in the office on a weekly basis! I keep lots of fruit and mullerlights handy for those weak moments where i feel hungry! SOmetimes it works....sometimes...not so well as i have the fruit and mullerlight and then a treat. I do try tho!

I work for a company named AQA 63336. I answer text questions that people text in - everything from next trains to film times to restaurant recommendations to baby names. Absolutely anything and everything. It's all done on the computer from home (which means no escape from food!!!!).

I also volunteer in the HR department of a local private hospital which is also a charitable trust.

:O I LOVE AQA!! did you reply to my text about the syn value of tic tacs a few weeks back ??? haha. .. AQA proberly survive off my complusive need to know trivial things!!

Im a trainee hairdresser.. i qualify in about 6 weeks time :O!! xx

I work as booooring PA for but am also studying Social Welfare & Crime Control with the Open University because I want to change careers next year I hope... I'd like to be a prison officer (though the job is actually really hard to get apparently) and that's one reason I decided to lose weight :D

I also volunteer for a charity who 'mentor' people on probation or those with former drug problems etc... I have been assigned my first person to mentor and I'm meeting her properly for the first time tonight... bit scared!

wow, cool thread. Im a infant school teacher, love my job, but am often surrounded by room (staff rooms always brimming with cakes, biscuits, buns etc) then we have food theme days (normally healthy) and then kids are always bringing sweets and cakes in for birthdays xxx

Hope you're feeling better now CC.

I'm a physio in a local community hospital treating mainly strokes and hip replacements.It would be wonderful if we could get rid of the Drs and the patients! ;)

I also volunteer for a charity who 'mentor' people on probation or those with former drug problems etc... I have been assigned my first person to mentor and I'm meeting her properly for the first time tonight... bit scared!

That sounds so interesting. I hope it goes well for you meeting your first person to mentor. Let us know how u get on x x

Im a customer service manager in an IT and Comms company but im currently delivering external systems and software training to our clients.

Im doing project work at the moment so i dont manage a team which is good in a way because i can avoid the daily biscuits and goodies!

After my tummy tuck operation in June, when i am healed, i am going to continue with my fitness training to teach aerobics or become a PT.

I'm a Hairdresser, I love it! Would love to be a personal trainer when I get skinny and toned! Even just part-time would be great fun I think, get your daily exercise while getting paid and helping others! Ooooo a spin instructor....sorry am getting a bit excited LMAO x

I'm a provisioning manager for an ISP in London and I love my job .... most of the time. I basically mediate between different departments, customers and suppliers.

Working in an office can be hard, I try to bring in good food but often nip out for crisps :p but today I am avoiding the doughnuts in the kitchen!

im new, but i thought i'd share as i love reading these sorts of threads-
im a food teacher in a 11-18 school, hard being surrounded all day!!
im new to SW (just abandoned CD) so hopefully it will be easier than not eating at all when i go back...
tc

Back