O/T: Mixed signals.... how do I read them?!

We girls always overthink everything, you noticed that? ;)

I reckon you need to give us his phone number - we'll text him for you, ok? :D

"Our friend really fancies you..." :D :D :D

Oh god I'd die!

Before I went to see him I gave my friend his name, number and address, seeing as I was going to his house but hadn't met him, just incase he was a serial killer or something! She's already threatening to do just that!

ha ha ha ha Emma :)
Caroline bless ya, I think he is interested but is probably thinking the same thing about the mixed signals :) if you both snuggled up the first night but you didnt show any interest the day after he was/is probably wondering the same thing
maybe after you two talking before him coming to yours, will help for when you next see each other xx

OOOOOOH!!!! I'm so glad you went to meet him in the end! I remember when you were worrying about meeting him.

I think he likes you. He may have cooled off because he was making all the moves and thought that perhaps you didn't want to?

If he wants to see you again and is keen enough to get you to book tickets in advance, he obviously likes spending time with you!

I think you need to relax and let him know you like him as he may be just as nervous as you! xxx

He went weird for a bit, or so I thought anyway. Texting less and stuff, and just being a bit different. But then he said that work's been really busy, like crazy busy, so hasn't been able to text at work, and has been really tired and not sleeping properly. But then yesterday he was like normal again. Work was quieter and he was texting more, being more jokey and stuff again. So maybe he actually was just busy and tired, and I really was reading too much into it all!

Is he still coming to stay with you on his week off? Maybe you should plan some nice romantic things to do together, get him in the mood for romance! That way it will show him that you are making some effort to enforce a more 'loving' relationship. Treat yourself to a new top - it'll make you feel good :) Hugs x x x

I think so, was the last time I checked anyway. Do keep giving him the opportunity to back out and he hasn't lol Not sure exactly when or how long for, I'm guessing probably come down one morning and go back the next evening. What kind of things Em?

Well as your not on cd, why not book a table for 2 and go for the healthy options? Meals are great for having time to talk and get to know each other.

There is also the cinema - back row???!!!

Do you have any nice places for a walk? Somewhere that perhaps has a cafe inbetween so you can stop for a spot of lunch. Hand holding during walks is very sweet!

What about going all out and decorating your bedroom in candles, get an oil burner going and download some soft music :) Don't forget to wash your bed linen and get some condoms!! ;)

Hugs x x x

Don't keep giving him the opportunity to back out - that in itself can look like a mixed signal from you, as if you're trying to give him a hint not to come.

Also sounds like he's very keen, just needing a wee bit of encouragement back.

Oooh and good luck :D ;)

I'm with Lexie on that one - be careful he doesn't start thinking it's you that isn't interested!! Start telling him you're really looking forward to seeing him again and to spending time together... liked your comment about the bonus points for him though :)

Is he schizophrenic? :D
Seriously - men have no concept how they come across on text, (or in person to be fair) so you can only really interpret the situation from your meeting.
He was obviously interested enough to meet you from your chatting on the web, so that is a great sign.

I think a nice meal, some amazing heels and run your foot up and down his leg under the table - that way if he responds positively - all good;)
negatively - pretend it was an accident and you have an itchy foot and you thought it was the table leg.
No reaction - RUB HARDER ;);)

That way it's all out of sight and subtle and nobody gets embarrassed if the reaction is not what you want.... whatever that is? Do you really like him or is he just a bloke you think may be interested?
x

Ok right I gotta speak up here on the behalf of the man. I have been in this situation before and can sum it up in 4 simple bullet points what I believe he is feling/thinking:

1- He was unsure at first if he liked you. But then made the decision he does hence why he looked up train tickets
2- He didn't want to try anything on in case you said no. He is perhaps not very confident. Men are worse than blind dogs at reading signs. I remember once with a girl that she tried her hardest to give me signs, which included all sorts of crazy stuff. In the end she said "For ****s sake" and grabbed me and kisse dme. MEN ARE SH!TE ATE READING SIGNS.
3- He used the trian ticket thing as a way of gauging if he was welcome and if you still liked him.
4- He is currently gearing himself up to do something when he sees you. You letting him come down has given him confidence.

I lusted after hubby for months through a medium of subtle signs including:

"My PC is broken could you fix it" - he got someone else to do it
Always making sure he served me at counter - he got someone else to do it
Always leaning in in low cut tops - did't notice (and I have cracking boobs btw)
being in more frequently when he was in work - didn't notice

Eventually I gave up and moved on to other more available boys. I ended up going to a festival with a mutual friend turned out hubby was coming too - I had to engineer it that we would share a sleeping space. In a non pervy way - it was a shared room with 4 other people and even I'm not that brazen.

He still did nothing (because he wasn't sure) until the mutual friend gave him a nudge in the right direction and then I had to fight him off with a stick.

Men aren't good at signs.

Well as your not on cd, why not book a table for 2 and go for the healthy options? Meals are great for having time to talk and get to know each other.

There is also the cinema - back row???!!!

Do you have any nice places for a walk? Somewhere that perhaps has a cafe inbetween so you can stop for a spot of lunch. Hand holding during walks is very sweet!

What about going all out and decorating your bedroom in candles, get an oil burner going and download some soft music :) Don't forget to wash your bed linen and get some condoms!! ;)

Hugs x x x

Man, so many replies while I was away today!

We're both really wanting to see 2012 so might do that!

Not sure about walking around here, is the reservoir which is apparently nice. Otherwise, no idea. Will see how cold it is!

Don't keep giving him the opportunity to back out - that in itself can look like a mixed signal from you, as if you're trying to give him a hint not to come.

This is true, I hadn't thought of that! I did chat to him about it a bit yesterday, and said obviously I'd love to have him come visit, but he's working like 18 days straight without a day off, so he's possibly going to be exhausted by that point. So we'll just see what happens, if he's alright he'll come down.

I'm with Lexie on that one - be careful he doesn't start thinking it's you that isn't interested!! Start telling him you're really looking forward to seeing him again and to spending time together... liked your comment about the bonus points for him though :)

I shall try do this. The thing is though, I don't want to seem too full on either! It's so difficult, I'm crap at all this!!

Do you really like him or is he just a bloke you think may be interested?

I do actually like him... possibly unfortunately! Hopefully not unfortunately though!

Ok right I gotta speak up here on the behalf of the man. I have been in this situation before and can sum it up in 4 simple bullet points what I believe he is feling/thinking:

1- He was unsure at first if he liked you. But then made the decision he does hence why he looked up train tickets
2- He didn't want to try anything on in case you said no. He is perhaps not very confident. Men are worse than blind dogs at reading signs. I remember once with a girl that she tried her hardest to give me signs, which included all sorts of crazy stuff. In the end she said "For ****s sake" and grabbed me and kisse dme. MEN ARE SH!TE ATE READING SIGNS.
3- He used the trian ticket thing as a way of gauging if he was welcome and if you still liked him.
4- He is currently gearing himself up to do something when he sees you. You letting him come down has given him confidence.

Thanks for bringing the guys opinion again :) So basically he was as confused as I am! lol Guess we'll just have to see when he comes visits I suppose. If he come visits.

'not as cute as you' should have been the answer to this one ;)

Dammit, why didn't I think of that!! I'm quite disappointed I didn't! lol

Also.... I refuse to wear heels around him, he's slightly shorter than me! Also, he doesn't seem to mind seeing as he said girls should just wear sneakers all the time anyway lol

Also... sorry for so many posts!... I've just discovered I'm an inch shorter than I thought I was! Don't know what happened there, was def 5ft 9, seems I've shrunk! Means there's less of a height gap between us which is good! :)

Depends what you call a midget... he's 5ft 6 lol

Back